Quantcast

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
@Pesqueeb ?
Can we retro fit the chem trails system for this?
we need precision. super soaker precision at minimum.
:stupid:

Can't get that kind of precision form high altitude spraying. Great for mind control, or turning the frogs gay. But if you want individual member of public accuracy, you've got to go to ground. 5G cell towers just to start.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
some of the clean rooms i've been in require double gloves.

wash hands
enter gowning area
clean hands with ISO
gloves #1
clean gloves with ISO
don gowns, booties, hairnet, mask
step to clean gowning area
gloves #2
clean second gloves with ISO
enter
Usually double gloves are used if you are afraid that a single layer will rip and then either you get exposed or you contaminate your sample/product. Has nothing to do with sterility/cleanliness if dressing routine is done correctly.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
You don't need hand sanitizer to sanitize your hands. Soap and water will work fine.
Depends on what you call "sanitize". You will only get a reduction of 3-4 orders of magnitude for bacteria when washing your hands with water and soap. To be on the safe side 70% EtOH is the way to go for bacteria, higher percentage of alcohol would be preferable for viruses.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Usually double gloves are used if you are afraid that a single layer will rip and then either you get exposed or you contaminate your sample/product. Has nothing to do with sterility/cleanliness if dressing routine is done correctly.
You are thinking about in areas where you are trying to protect the person from the environment and not the environment from the person. In sterile gowning the second layer is to ensure sterility as it is possibly that you touched something unsterile in the gowning process. It is the last step of the process and pretty difficult to put on gloves while wearing gloves while trying not to touch the second layer of gloves.

Last edited:

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Depends on what you call "sanitize". You will only get a reduction of 3-4 orders of magnitude for bacteria when washing your hands with water and soap. To be on the safe side 70% EtOH is the way to go for bacteria, higher percentage of alcohol would be preferable for viruses.
Virus envelope is made of fat. Soap and water for 20 seconds is all it takes.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
In the context of protecting yourself during a viral pandemic, like now.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
You are thinking about in areas where you are trying to protect the person from the environment and not the environment from the person. In sterile gowning the second layer is to ensure sterility as it is possibly that you touched something unsterile in the gowning process. It is the last step of the process and pretty difficult to put on gloves while wearing gloves while trying not to touch the second layer of gloves.
I guess a clean room for pharmaceutical production would qualify for protecting the environment from the person, no? The usual routines for gowning for normal work do not require double layering and still the production is free from contamination as verified by environmental monitoring by air sampling for bacteria and a particle counter for dust. Maybe there is a difference in the rules between the US and Europe?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I guess a clean room for pharmaceutical production would qualify for protecting the environment from the person, no? The usual routines for gowning for normal work do not require double layering and still the production is free from contamination as verified by environmental monitoring by air sampling for bacteria and a particle counter for dust. Maybe there is a difference in the rules between the US and Europe?
Lol

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
and I wasn't talking about pharma "clean" rooms.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
In the context of protecting yourself during a viral pandemic, like now.
Sanitizing is defined as making something free from bacteria, which washing your hands clearly does not do completely.
Don't get me wrong, I wash my hands to reduce the bacterial and viral load, which should be enough to protect me. If I would want to be a 100% sure then I would use disinfectant that is approved to deactivate viruses.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Part of me feels bad for people that gets themselves plastered socially as racist, etc in the absolute most unflattering way possible. But then I realize they are assholes who are selfish and are fine with other people dying for their own convenience and can go fuck themselves.
A lot of people suck.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Part of me feels bad for people that gets themselves plastered socially as racist, etc in the absolute most unflattering way possible. But then I realize they are assholes who are selfish and are fine with other people dying for their own convenience and can go fuck themselves.
I can't see why networks are not using this shit show for a good ol' tv reality show.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

I don't know what flies in yerp, but we had to have a process that guaranteed quality. Sampling just proved it. A positive test just demonstrated you fucked up and resulted in millions of dollars of discarded product and lengthy pain in the ass RCCA. The goal was to never fuck up, and we did a really good job of that, at least with sterility. Particulates on the other hand were problematic. Filling an abrasive powder was challenging.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I don't know what flies in yerp, but we had to have a process that guaranteed quality. Sampling just proved it. A positive test just demonstrated you fucked up and resulted in millions of dollars of discarded product and lengthy pain in the ass RCCA. The goal was to never fuck up, and we did a really good job of that, at least with sterility. Particulates on the other hand were problematic. Filling an abrasive powder was challenging.
Europe, like the US, and most other countries, follow iso standards for clean rooms

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator