Quantcast

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Quest will test you all for antibodies. No Rx required. $119. Blood draw at their Quest labs out in the community. You must be asymptomatic x 10 days and wear a mask.

getquesttest.com
Note: This test can sometimes detect antibodies from other coronaviruses, which can cause a false positive result if you have been previously diagnosed with or exposed to other types of coronaviruses. Additionally, if you test too soon, your body may not have produced enough IgG antibodies to be detected by the test yet, which can lead to a false negative result.

At this time, antibody testing is mainly used in studies to determine how much of the population has been exposed to COVID-19. There is not enough evidence at this time to suggest that people who have IgG antibodies are protected against future COVID-19 infection. Positive or negative antibody tests do not rule out the possibility of COVID-19 infection. Results also do not provide any information on whether you can spread the virus to others.

You know what the accuracy rate on those things is?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
You know what the accuracy rate on those things is?
They use EURIMMUN and Abbott assays. I haven't been able to find performance data.

I did order the antibody test for myself, and will get it drawn tomorrow at my local Quest lab fwiw. Perhaps they will have paperwork on performance there?

(Probably not)

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Shit, mah bad. Reading too quickly lately.

I did find some piece noting the abbott/eurimmun antibody tests didn't get FDA approval.
I'd be interested in reading that.

AFAIK most vendors have applied for FDA EUA at this point, and that only means they aren't totally bottom of the barrel.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
A doctor friend of mine (infectology dept at a major covid hospital) has told me they are using methylprednisolone 500mg iv every 24 hours for 3 days plus enoxaparin (plus quite a few others off label, but he saus those 2 are the most important) once brething frequency goes over 22 or oxygen saturation below 93% with good results (as in less people progressing vs other therapies).

He says mechanical ventilation has a lousy outcome. 90+% mortality rate.

Toshi, thoughts?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
A doctor friend of mine (infectology dept at a major covid hospital) has told me they are using methylprednisolone 500mg iv every 24 hours for 3 days plus enoxaparin (plus quite a few others off label, but he saus those 2 are the most important) once brething frequency goes over 22 or oxygen saturation below 93% with good results (as in less people progressing vs other therapies).

He says mechanical ventilation has a lousy outcome. 90+% mortality rate.

Toshi, thoughts?
I hope they're doing a trial of this with a control group. Otherwise they're just flinging shit against the wall.
casual mention of EUA here

Thank

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Meanwhile in New Zealand

19 deaths overall. And note the total lack of self-aggrandizement from PM Ardern.

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
Just how's conduct at such a level going to be avoiding False Claims Act? If not being a gadfly, Donald Trump outright defrauds Gov't Programs by directing ancillary operations when hosting or traveling to his resorts and hotels. There's no re-investment of Tax Dollars, it's majority siphoned into properties built on unstable ground.

Then it's these claims of miracles and outright lies being passed off as progress and dedication - PDB's come to each sitting President and it's apparent Trump ignored hard fact and did not even adjust Govt. Program surplus - at all. Intel advisories such as these are not like what'd occurred during 9-11 w/ 'Dubya' Not at all & ol' Sunshine taking War Footing shows just what it is going on in his skull - it's all a Govt. Experiment to him.
Experiment w/ Politics, Experiment w/ institutional racism, Experiment w/ espionage and, experiment with well-being of others by sustaining crippling inaction and evasiveness to personal accountability.

Mitch McConnell suggests US States be provided Bankruptcy options - this is the macro-economic solution to the entire Trump Term and the Republican Senate. ...eh, they're all animals anyway... and moves on.

Hoax, Hoax, Hoax In essence, this douchebag in adult clothes has worn through the fabric of this Country to the point only he and the Lawyers still on retainer will have jobs, let alone money.

Fuck You Trump - Fuck your Telephone, Fuck your Bi-Polar Disorder, Fuck your Greed and Fuck your Fucking Short Memory. You are a disgrace, always have been a disgrace, and will always be a disgrace.

Good luck breaking ground on your Library because you will be the first in US History to not be getting one. 'Black Steel in the Hour of Chaos' will just have to wait.

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
he admits he doesn't read. maybe he'll have the first presidential massage parlor or Carl's Jr.
Wished to be well-read and having studied John McCain.

70 Veterans passed away alone in central Massachusetts yesterday, COVID outbreak.

Trump ordered West Point 2020 Cadets to enter quarantine in July for two weeks, assemble so he can pretend he's the 2nd coming of Ulysses S. Grant - if not speaking at their Graduation from Academy - for the then Officers to re-enter quarantine.

The Wall.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
7673E053-9E3B-4D72-B325-76BEDAAD7027.jpeg

I await reading the actual study. Better than being poked in the eye with a stick, if true and replicable, but not a magic bullet.