Quantcast

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
During the corn teen I have decided to learn about facebook marketing. I still suck at it.
Have only sold 3 of these 568 views & my FB ad was viewes 4,600+ times, with 360 engagements.
I figured this would sell better rn...

maybe a obey deblasio one with the number you can call for snitching on people....

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Tone-deaf? WTF did you expect from MSN?
"For nearly eight years, we saw our passive income streams (mostly from dividend-paying stocks, interest from savings, municipal bonds and rental income) grow steadily.
When the S&P 500 took a massive dip in March, we experienced a 30% drop in our stock portfolio ... and lost more than $600,000.
Even though we have a pretty conservative portfolio (with about 20% of our net worth in equities), losing hundreds of thousands of dollars on our existing equity exposure was still very painful. "

Not sure how you're invested to take a 1-1 hit with the S&P500 if only 20% is in equities... I think somebody is either full of shit or their risk gauge is completely fucking skewed. Because if you're in bonds, you should have actually seen appreciation or negligible losses. Unless that rental income was AirBNB, that rental income hit will only be a pause.

*edit: "In 2012, I quit my job in investment banking and retired at 34. A few years later, my wife also left her job and joined me in early retirement. We had a net worth of about $3 million." If he lost 30% of his stock portfolio - $600k - then his stock portfolio alone was $2mm. If stock is only 20% of his portfolio [does math in head], his portfolio as a whole is $10mm.

You're 42. Eat a dick, dude. If you can't comfortably live on a 4% annual yield - $400k - you need to re-think your lifestyle. Especially if it's mostly investment income, you're taxed a 15%. I'd be done working with a liquid, invested net worth of $5mm.

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
And for the tone-deaf article of the day... I present you this.
I almost feel like this is made up. Why if you are both retired do you have child care expenses, or then why children. Also Im not 100% but you dont have to hire a doula. Anytime your expenses are less then what comes in is good. Money in the bank for two years expenses. House paid off. Those rentals are kinda shit really for an investment banker with his supposed capital. So it sounds like hes in a position to get richer later.

Rothschild said "Buy when there is blood in the streets, even if it is your own."

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
435 people refuse to come back to work because the can not suck a lobbyists dick from 6 feet away.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
So, fun Friday poll for you all;
If you had to fly someplace, would you, and what precautions would you take personally?
Yes. Surgical mask worn from time exiting my car to entering the rental car on the far end of the journey.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Mask, air vent pointed directly at my face, don't touch shit.

Once flying the air is exchanged in the airplane quickly, so minimize time on ground. Try to be the last on and first off the airplane.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001

Capture.PNG

Once enough immunity has been built in the population, each person will infect fewer than one other person, so a new epidemic cannot start afresh. But an epidemic that is already underway will continue to spread. If 100,000 people are infectious at the peak and they each infect 0.9 people, that’s still 90,000 new infections, and more after that. A runaway train doesn’t stop the instant the track begins to slope uphill, and a rapidly spreading virus doesn’t stop right when herd immunity is attained.
If the pandemic went uncontrolled in the United States, it could continue for months after herd immunity was reached, infecting many more millions in the process.

By the time the epidemic ended, a very large proportion of the population would have been infected — far above our expected herd immunity threshold of around two-thirds. These additional infections are what epidemiologists refer to as “overshoot.”