Quantcast

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Maryland sucks. Union but slaves.

I'm starting to realize that I live in the biggest asshole states: Florida, Maryland, Georgia, California

The only one I can be proud of was Nevada. But figures that was only 3 years

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Was born in Nevada. When I drove through the middle of the state in December and went hours without seeing another human I realized I may need to live there again.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
..........says the guy who's obviously only been there in June

(hint: it's not)

edit: dafuq am I thinking.....totally! Burning inferno! Actually 13 months out of the year! No one should go there! Fuck off, all of you! WAAAYYYY too hot...always.
well just passing through....flew into vegas in the middle of september.....flew out beginning of october....it was around 103 the day before i flew out....

so....

EDIT:and i was there one other time for SEMA and i do mot even remember what time of the year that was....

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
So literally the southernmost, lowest elevation place in the state that covers like 12 different east coast states in latitude......in the month after august.

Got it :rofl:
no one ever talks about whete it isn't hot as a motherfucker there....just hey man....it is a dry heat....

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
ew

Vibes

Even when I drive to bootleg canyon to ride in the winter I add 30 minutes to the drive just to avoid vegas. After spending 20 years regularly doing things all over the state, I don't really consider vegas part of nevada. It's more like the dingleberry hanging off the bottom.
Somewhere I have a picture of the backyard of our house. Nothing but desert and mountains as far as you could see. It was bulldozed and now a gated community smack dab in the middle of all that bullshit.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Somewhere I have a picture of the backyard of our house. Nothing but desert and mountains as far as you could see. It was bulldozed and now a gated community smack dab in the middle of all that bullshit.
Post 2008 recession that place got wierd. I only ever drive on the outskirts but that's where thousands and thousands of speculative development homes had gotten started. Just plywood hulls sitting there abandonned for like 5 years. Fingers crossed for repeat. They'll never learn :D

The domestic partner and I are currently discussing with a recently divorced friend of ours which desert valley we're moving to in the next few years. This covid thing, californian entitlement, and reno wanting to be california are helping me really develop the misanthropic, hermit tendencies in those close to me.

Both of them!

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
I love when I drive a bit past Vegas then turn north to Idaho. That’s when the vacation starts. I got a couple spots to camp along the way. Grab some garnets off the hill in ely. Ac in the truck and camper. Hopefully some fireworks. And now weeds legal.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
NV has never interested me, except the Ruby Mountains, the Sierra/White Mountains that bleed over into Nevada (but let's be real, those really belong to California) and a couple much smaller mountains...but the isolated ranges aren't big enough IMO. The desolation between them is immense. I've been all over NV, from E to W and N to S. Some cool looking topography, but like stated above, I wouldn't want to be outside in most of summer unless in one of those isolated mountain ranges...or the Sierras (Kalifornia). Any place below about 7K in the summer is blazing hot most of the time. But hey, it's a dry heat!

Incline Village, just past Truckee, heading down past Mt Rose, that's good country, but it's all California, and now Reno too evidently.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
^

i'll kick in 20.....you will never have to worry about me talking too much.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Shit even outside Reno is mere folding money compared to Seattle.

Who is in for a share on a ridemonkey compound?
I have to get away from cities.