Quantcast

Colonel Angus

Monkey
Feb 15, 2005
land of the green chiles
Heh. Even ask most people in science or research medicine "what does a p value of less than 0.05 actually mean?" and you'll get technically incorrect responses a ton.

I realize you're not actually asking but instead venting, but my take on it would be that p = 0.05 implies that the results observed could be expected to be seen even if the null hypothesis is true 1/20 times, and via historical accident we've all decided that's an acceptable risk of saying some non-null hypothesis is true even if it's actually not.

Clear as mud, no?

:D
You're going to have to dumb it down a lot more than that for kidpoo to understand it...

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
A Story:

Aide Sought to Use Disease to Close Borders

And what'd any other Sunday on Twitter enlighten the masses with? A calling-out of Bush Jr. over the message to the Country over the weekend.

This Mental Defect in Office is in such a lather he can no longer come clean, burden to the air of entitlement and superiority has become his achilles heel. Trump will never use Twitter unless it's an effort to skew reality or to shift focus away from topics, will near always have contextual or grammatical errors so end-users are helpless to understand what is being read.

Trump actually believes he's with abilities to troll Dubya w/ social media. Trump, so desperate to be seen as a power-player and an incinerator of Intelligence went and got crispy. Somehow - time will tell - Trump latched onto some function of a young George Bush at Yale. Not inside The Crypt. One of these 'Glass of Lemonade and a Medal' ceremonies for clandestine services, running rouge with delusions of grandeur since.

Travel Records have to exist of people who'd come in contact with a Detail and likely need subpoena to be made public. That's not the point. It irritates Trump for him to not be the center of attention and the calling out of Bush II illustrates in living color bogus narratives have based his personal operations since well before this Yahoo having taken the Oath of Office. What Rudy Giuliani did in the Ukraine is carbon copy of something very similar in Trump's backstory - it must be - and it's acting today in China.

Somehow Trump wedged himself into retaining Govt. Classified information and passed himself off acting on behalf of the United States and conducted Business like a front for CIA Nearly as if whatever function of the Skull and Bones at that particular time in history was a form of intervention for an already simmering tension and, Trump switched sides all for a buck.

Steve Wynn? Erik Prince?? Doing unto just one other by being visible in political affiliation. Neither are so dumb as to stump for a literal buffoon of this potential.

I had had an Uncle, 2 Star General during WWII. His own daughter is still unable to refer to him w/ Major General Rank, instead being the Supply Sergeant his was at starting of WWII. His best friend when living in CT was Col. Henry Mucci. He'd become a public victim of self-radicalized protesters after returning home, never was embarrassed or was anything less than proud - late in life however he did socialize less and less to the point he'd just simply stopped talking.

00virus-immigration01-superJumbo.jpg

John Miller? 'John Barron?' 'dis You??

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001

White House officials have been relying on other models to make decisions on reopening, including the IHME model and a “cubic model” prepared by the Council of Economic Advisers, led by Trump adviser Kevin Hassett.

People with knowledge of the “cubic model” say it currently shows deaths dropping precipitously in May — and essentially going to zero by May 15.
Is it the Time Cube model?!

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I don't know about you, but I 100% believe that a model developed by a council of economic advisors, none of whom went to medical school or have any formal training, and which contradicts every single other model available, is a totally accurate forecast of the trajectory this disease will take.

No chance this doesn't make things worse on us in the long run when cases spike again and we once more have to put our dumb asses back in lock down.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
So bets that the second wave during the fall of 2020 is substantially larger than the current one?

Also, are there any groups trying to assess what the actual death toll worldwide is currently?? Clearly we have are issues domestically with under-reporting here in the US, but I would like to believe that for the most part efforts are being made to attempt to report as honestly as possible given how fragmented, fractured, and inefficient our healthcare system is compared to most developed countries. However, it seems pretty clear that some countries just don't have the capacity to assess the actual death toll (Ecuador, Brazil) while other areas seem to be in no rush to improve accuracy or precision. Almost a political smokescreen if you will in order to maintain an amount of leverage during this situation (Russia, Florida...)

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Has @kazlx kazhed in on the craze of small companies cranking out specialty door opening devices that can punch your pin on a touch screen? I’ve seen one with a bottle opener on it. Genius. Touch all the dirty things with this device, then use it to crack a beer. I mean studies show copper can make the virus non infectious after 4 hours, so what could go wrong?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
That kid has been told by his mother that he is a super genius since he was a toddler. He gets good grades but seems like a regular dipshit teenager to me. What is true is the fact that he believes he is a super genius and is smarter than everyone else. Eventually life is going to smack him around real good. He applied to Stanford, Harvard and even Cambridge thinking he was a shoe in for a full ride. He might be starting to get the point as he has been rejected by all of them but I am sure he just assumes the admissions people are just too stupid to select him.

I was a little surprised when I heard that this kid got accepted into Harvard a few weeks ago. I was less surprised to hear he had in fact not gotten accepted but lied and forged an acceptance letter but claimed he didn't want to attend. Turns out the kid is a dipshit and his self-identity is crashing down around him.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Has @kazlx kazhed in on the craze of small companies cranking out specialty door opening devices that can punch your pin on a touch screen? I’ve seen one with a bottle opener on it. Genius. Touch all the dirty things with this device, then use it to crack a beer. I mean studies show copper can make the virus non infectious after 4 hours, so what could go wrong?
I've already had people ask. It's easy money, but personally just don't want to jump on that Covid fidget spinner train.

Bike078

Monkey
Jan 11, 2018
I was watching international news and saw a segment where people in the US were refusing to wear masks in public. Why is that? "Muh' freedoms?"

Our province here in the central Philippines transitioned to a general community quarantine from an enhanced community quarantine since we hadn't had new cases in a while (ours remain at 4, country has a total of more than 9,000).

There were so many people downtown yesterday. I would say more than 99 percent were wearing masks but social distancing was gone although stores were trying to regulate the number of shoppers. Also, there were probably a lot of people from other municipalities going to our city.

Scary. We haven't done mass testing and our health system absolutely cannot handle a large number of cases. We should have retained the checkpoints and the quarantine passes system.

Mask wearing is still mandatory, large gatherings, including church services, are prohibited, no dine-in at restos and people below 21 and senior citizens are still not allowed to go out. I hope and pray everything will be better for all of us.

Last edited:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004