Quantcast

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
Trump visiting a mask factory in AZ, with Guns n Roses Live and Let Die playing in the background...
That's because there wasn't a rollaway screen for 'The Trumpsman' to be playing in each background photo. They each got a coupon code but it expires in two-days.

Next Trump will start a Twitter feud with Ringo and Izzy Stradlin then dig up Shannon Hoon and blame him for the Bee Virus or some shit.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
View attachment 144759

I really dont understand how people get away with this without getting their asses kicked.
I dont care how many guns those morons have, he would 100% leave the store without a mask if I was there.

Disgusting fat piece of shit.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I really dont understand how people get away with this without getting their asses kicked.
I dont care how many guns those morons have, he would 100% leave the store without a mask if I was there.

It's california, virtually zero chance he's legally carrying a gun.
By and large americans are non-confrontational/passive aggressive pussies.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Mouth breather conspiracy of the day: antibody tests are being made available only to boost the numbers so quarantines can be justified.

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada

he did, in fact, leave without the mask... "The man finally removed the hood, bought his items and left. "
It's california, virtually zero chance he's legally carrying a gun.
By and large americans are non-confrontational/passive aggressive pussies.
why is it being a pussy to be non-confrontational?!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
he did, in fact, leave without the mask... "The man finally removed the hood, bought his items and left. "

I would assume the pussiness is the passive aggressive part. At least that is my opinion.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Generally speaking I’m sure we’re on same page, as if anything I try and descalate situations.

But, like Kevin, I’d have a hard time being in same space as dude in pic without getting in his face. You just can’t let some shit fly in a civilized world.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
That mother fucker. I wish i was there to beat his ass or at least throw something at him. Probably 15 minutes from my house. The area Santee has been known as clantee for sometime. But its changed a lot. That dudes a minority.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Seems a lot more like they are ignoring all models
I don't know about you, but I 100% believe that a model developed by a council of economic advisors, none of whom went to medical school or have any formal training, and which contradicts every single other model available, is a totally accurate forecast of the trajectory this disease will take.

No chance this doesn't make things worse on us in the long run when cases spike again and we once more have to put our dumb asses back in lock down.
Hassett's "cubic model" has been revealed:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
A country that did things right.

In late January, just one week after the country’s first case was diagnosed, government officials urged medical companies to develop coronavirus test kits and told manufacturers to prepare for mass production. By mid-February—while the UK was talking about “herd immunity” and President Donald Trump was predicting that the virus would “miraculously” disappear in weeks—South Korea was churning out thousands of test kits every day.
(We did none of what they did.)

this is a semi long read. fuck all, everyone who thinks this is over should read this.

One of my takeaways from this is that medical staff is trained to keep fucking around with people long after they should have died. This is one reason that my advanced healthcare directive says, essentially, leave me the fuck alone.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
One of my takeaways from this is that medical staff is trained to keep fucking around with people long after they should have died. This is one reason that my advanced healthcare directive says, essentially, leave me the fuck alone.
Ditto.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
this is a semi long read. fuck all, everyone who thinks this is over should read this.

Got a chunk of the way through it. I hit the section about vent suction and it took me back a decade. Man, when the machine that breathes for you stops and then sucks the fluid out of your lungs, it’s brutal. Layer on the stress fresh wounds from just having you neck opened up, front and back, to reattach your head, and it’s a world of pain you want no part of. You realize how much you can manage pain by breathing through it, because when you can’t breathe through it there’s nowhere to turn. Nothing like being suffocated while you get the shit beat out of you.

That said, it’s nice to have clear lungs, and avoid pneumonia. It’s even better when you get a cute Canadian nurse leaning over you to manually compress your chest during the suction. The Americans don’t have that protocol, and it’s a shame.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
In your opinion, what is an acceptable amount of risk?
That’s the question that every country is grappling with
I'm not sure I'd agree that that's the question they're asking when it comes to looking at different ways of addressing this.

For instance you can ask the population in sweden to not be idiots.

Over here, we all like DUURRRRRRRRRR

A handful of severe intoxication cases from intentionally drinking bleach have been reported in California, which is less than seen in some other states, including New York and Maryland.

That's why the sweden thing annoys me. The US and Sweden are on incredibly similar trajectories in terms of case and death rate growth. People in civilized first world countries generally aren't morons. We're exceptional. The exact same actions taken in sweden (which remember, has a functional health care system) would have disastrous effects here. We are literally not smart enough to do things right.

As far as a general statement on risk, my personal problem with the current situation is that I don't feel like the people around me are smart enough to do things correctly. That's based on watching behaviors here over the last two months. Hell, I got sick with some very familiar sounding symptoms in late march when we got the first snow storm we'd had in a while and the place was flooded with derpaderp overnight. But since I'm already such a hermit I know exactly where I caught whatever the hell that was....an absolutely packed rite aid that usually has like 5 people in it. I already see that exact behavior again, even after all the hooplah. That's dangerous.

I don't feel safe with these people on the roads either but we at least have a lot of systems in place to minimize problems in that realm. It's not perfect but it has a demonstrable effect. We don't have any of that shit in place for covid except for just 'don't go near people'. So until we have a good profile of infection, that's what we need to do while individual states figure out testing.

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Got a chunk of the way through it. I hit the section about vent suction and it took me back a decade. Man, when the machine that breathes for you stops and then sucks the fluid out of your lungs, it’s brutal. Layer on the stress fresh wounds from just having you neck opened up, front and back, to reattach your head, and it’s a world of pain you want no part of.
Jesus christ dude, what the hell happened to you?

And do you have any pics?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Agreed but you can't fault nurses and doctors for trying to save a life. Most younger people have no such directive.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I honestly have no idea. I don't lounge much. Dh and politics are about all I can handle.

Regarding the DNR sentiment:
To be fair, some people's families actually like them. And 'trying everything' sometimes works to return people to those families.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Jesus christ dude, what the hell happened to you?

And do you have any pics?
I went OTB on a small teeter at Silver Star. My 888 air wasn’t pumped nearly enough after I unpacked it from the flight. I thought I was hitting a small ladder drop, but the teeter tipped me way forward and I couldn’t pull out of a nose wheelie. I landed on my head and folded my neck. Busted C3/4 and was fully paralyzed from the neck down. C4 is right about where your nervous system operates the diaphragm, so I was on a vent. The vent ET tube (through the mouth) was awful. I took the offer to get the trachea hole upgrade and it was so much better. If ya gotta be on a vent for long, I highly recommend the neck hole for comfort.
7F74318A-7C11-40AF-B85D-9B1B6A28CF13.jpeg

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
trachea hole upgrade

Sweet jesus.

Glad you had some health care workers that didn't just say fuggit ;)

'was' fully paralyzed? Where you at now? I've developed some new muscles loading a paraplegic buddy of mine into a trike at northstar when he gets motivated. I don't think he got the trachea hole upgrade at any point.

If you ever want to go on a rampage killing anyone who ever built a teeter totter I'm in. I'll do all the work if you're limited on KILL KILL KILL.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Sweet jesus.

Glad you had some health care workers that didn't just say fuggit ;)

'was' fully paralyzed? Where you at now? I've developed some new muscles loading a paraplegic buddy of mine into a trike at northstar when he gets motivated. I don't think he got the trachea hole upgrade at any point.

If you ever want to go on a rampage killing anyone who ever built a teeter totter I'm in. I'll do all the work if you're limited on KILL KILL KILL.
Now I’m partially impaired. I walk, but I’m hemiplegic. My left arm and leg have limits and issues. I look pretty able bodied to most people. I can ride my single speed on the streets and flat trails. I’ve got a few invisible issues, like bowel and bladder dysfunction. Overall, I’m okay with it. I’m not even mad about teeters.

Last edited: