Quantcast

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
University of Colorado med campus suspended all work related domestic and international travel effective tonight.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So, if we reach an infection saturation point where the majority of people have it, would we then all be able to go about our business again? (Coronavirus, not necessarily covid19).
Obviously the very young, elderly, and compromised would not count.
Thoughts?

(Not completely serious here, kind of spitballing)

Thought about this while shopping, would there even be a need to stockpile?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
So, if we reach an infection saturation point where the majority of people have it, would we then all be able to go about our business again? (Coronavirus, not necessarily covid19).
Obviously the very young, elderly, and compromised would not count.
Thoughts?

(Not completely serious here, kind of spitballing)

Thought about this while shopping, would there even be a need to stockpile?
Had a morning Corona briefing and evidently it doesn't hit the kids at all. There's like one kid in China that had to be hospitalized and had to have assisted breathing, but they survived and are doing fine now. That's out of all the infections. It is much more discriminant against the elderly, unlike regular flu.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!

Note from the ground in Italy. Sounds horrific.
Italy dropped the ball big way.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I'm supposed to fly next week. I don't want to go...but that's because it's Oklahoma City.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
This is the fucking scary part. Dumbass right wingers beveling that it's all a plot from the left. One of those guys in our office was spouting this today, that "he heard on Glen Beck"...well it's not the "left" doing it to bring down the president or for political gain or whatever, it's these piece of shit right wing news outlets that are actually doing it, by making the baseless accusations.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
This is the fucking scary part. Dumbass right wingers beveling that it's all a plot from the left. One of those guys in our office was spouting this today, that "he heard on Glen Beck"...well it's not the "left" doing it to bring down the president or for political gain or whatever, it's these piece of shit right wing news outlets that are actually doing it, by making the baseless accusations.
the saddest part about all this is that he's still listening to glen beck :rofl:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
And another

Let post 5 there sink in a bit.
Fuck.

I just told the MIL that she's not flying back on Sunday and she's not challenging. She's going to finish getting her CA condo packed and then she'll drive back to CO. She's 71 and has recurring lung issues, so she a primary candidate for it...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
incubation period is basically confirmed at 14 days max. median incubation is 5.1 days. come on stoney.
Moreso about this part:
These estimates imply that, under conservative assumptions, 101 out of every 10 000 cases (99th percentile, 482) will develop symptoms after 14 days of active monitoring or quarantine.
That's not 100%.

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
he found the well glenn beck fell in?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
My company suspended all non essential travel last week.
Mine did too. You need clearance from a director level before traveling. We have offices and plants throughout the globe, so on a side note it'll be interesting to see how much cash is saved. Though apparently webex service is taking a pounding.

GM sent out a similar notice yesterday too. Basically no travel is permitted.

My work is handing out hand sanitizer in bulk. Though going to the store, there is really no change. Should note that I don't goto costco, because its literally always a zoo there, corona virus or not.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Funny that the most responsible response I have seen to this outbreak is from Harbor Freight Tools, who has stepped up their cleaning regimen and promised affected employees that they will be paid if they have to stay home under quarantine.