Quantcast

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
COVID mask ads on IG are kinda predictable.

Here’s a mask.

Where’s it made.

China but shipped from the US.

Sorry. Can’t spend $20 on a Chinese product.

... typed on a device costing hundreds/thousands of dollars made in China.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Indeed record high new case numbers in Nor Cack. I'd wager that less than half the population wears a mask despite a state wide mandate issued by the governor.

I know the polls are saying that Biden has a double digit lead over Herr Twitler and some pundits are predicting he will drop out. But based on the above, I think these fools are going to reelect him.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Indeed record high new case numbers in Nor Cack. I'd wager that less than half the population wears a mask despite a state wide mandate issued by the governor.

I know the polls are saying that Biden has a double digit lead over Herr Twitler and some pundits are predicting he will drop out. But based on the above, I think these fools are going to reelect him.
Let's see where the death toll is come election day.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Let's see where the death toll is come election day.
Been wondering the same thing yet keep coming back to how self-centered and careless the maskless are. I used to think that it would take death tolls high enough so that they know someone closely who dies. But now, I don't think anyone really matters to them. Going about their daily lives as though there is no pandemic is their only priority.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Been wondering the same thing yet keep coming back to how self-centered and careless the maskless are. I used to think that it would take death tolls high enough so that they know someone closely who dies. But now, I don't think anyone really matters to them. Going about their daily lives as though there is no pandemic is their only priority.
Trump 2020(00 dead Americans)

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Whoever convinced some americans that the manufactured concept of "freedom" sold to them was worth dying/sending their children to die in wars overseas where they have no interest whatsoever, and also not having health care yet paying thru the nose for a army made to protect the interest of those sending them to die in wars has to be the biggest marketing genius in history.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Whoever convinced some americans that the manufactured concept of "freedom" sold to them was worth dying/sending their children to die in wars overseas where they have no interest whatsoever, and also not having health care yet paying thru the nose for a army made to protect the interest of those sending them to die in wars has to be the biggest marketing genius in history.
When I was in public school in the late 70's and 80's we had to stand up during the first class, called Home Room, and recite the pledge of allegiance to the flag. It was mandatory. Now as a reasonably well educated adult I despise that practice. Especially from a country that defeated the Nazis and the Fascists in WWII. The hypocrisy of this mentality has only continued to be further ingrained in our culture on a generational level. We are a long way away from 'freedom".

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
PT Barnum, eat your heart out!

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I used to think that it would take death tolls high enough so that they know someone closely who dies. But now, I don't think anyone really matters to them. Going about their daily lives as though there is no pandemic is their only priority.
That is so strange, but you can see similar patterns here. Granted, the risk of getting infected is incredibly low compared to the US, but as soon as the restrictions lifted people had nothing better to do that to get their nails done or drink a beer in the pub. They just want "normality", but if you just have a little bit of brain you would realize that we will not have that for a long time if ever again.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

A friend of mine showed me texts from his mom. She said that despite losing two close friends from the disease she thought it was an overblown hoax.

When I was in public school in the late 70's and 80's we had to stand up during the first class, called Home Room, and recite the pledge of allegiance to the flag. It was mandatory. Now as a reasonably well educated adult I despise that practice. Especially from a country that defeated the Nazis and the Fascists in WWII. The hypocrisy of this mentality has only continued to be further ingrained in our culture on a generational level. We are a long way away from 'freedom".
I refused to do it and caught a lot of shit as a result.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Hey nerds, question for you

So my wife decided to go get a test for poop and laughter, and I guess they're handing test takers the swab and telling them to shove it up their nose until it hurts. Having had nasal swabs for other stuff, I can't imagine people are shoving that thing up their nose quite as far as doctors have for my various swabs, which went past hurting, to "holy shit you poked my brain", does that potentially screw up the results?

I don't know how other counties do it, but it makes me wonder if that's part of why we have a minuscule infection rate compared to LA county who's been sending their filthy residents up here to use our beaches and trails.

I refused to do it and caught a lot of shit as a result.
Forced Patriotism is the best Patriotism.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I can definitely see self-swabbing being less sensitive than nurses tickling one’s brain.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Hey nerds, question for you

So my wife decided to go get a test for poop and laughter, and I guess they're handing test takers the swab and telling them to shove it up their nose until it hurts. Having had nasal swabs for other stuff, I can't imagine people are shoving that thing up their nose quite as far as doctors have for my various swabs, which went past hurting, to "holy shit you poked my brain", does that potentially screw up the results?

I don't know how other counties do it, but it makes me wonder if that's part of why we have a minuscule infection rate compared to LA county who's been sending their filthy residents up here to use our beaches and trails.
That's moronic

I got a test a few weeks ago and there's no way in hell I'd put that thing deep enough just out of a sense of self-preservation.

What county you in?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I didn't think this was something Germans needed encouraging

Fun fact: I met more folks that were not huge fans of deodorants when living in OR than in Germany. The rest of the population made up for it though, talk about chemical warfare! :bad:

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
:panic:

Coronavirus can float in air, and experts say WHO and CDC should tell people that
From CNN's Maggie Fox

Coronavirus can float in air droplets and is likely transmitting that way, a group of experts plans to say in a commentary Monday.
They are publishing an open letter to the World Health Organization (WHO) and other health agencies, asking them to be more forthright in explaining how the virus can transmit in the air.
It’s not a secret, but agencies seem to be afraid to talk about the airborne nature of the virus, said Donald Milton, a professor of environmental health at the University of Maryland who studies how viruses are transmitted.

"The airborne transmission word seems to be loaded,” Milton, one of two main authors of the letter, told CNN on Sunday. “I guess we are hoping that WHO will come around and be more willing to acknowledge the important roles of aerosols, whether they want to call it airborne transmission or not.”

Milton studies the airborne transmission of viruses. The other main author, Lidia Morawska, is a professor of environmental engineering and an expert in aerosol science at the Queensland University of Technology in Brisbane, Australia. Milton said they and a group of other, similar experts have been discussing the potential airborne transmission of coronavirus since February.
The letter, signed by 239 scientists from around the world, is scheduled to be published Monday in the journal Clinical Infectious Diseases.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
That's moronic

I got a test a few weeks ago and there's no way in hell I'd put that thing deep enough just out of a sense of self-preservation.

What county you in?
Ventucky

There’s all kinds of theories about why our numbers are what they are, which depending on who you ask is either a lie and we have fewer cases or a lie and we have more, but we’ve always been steady at 4%ish of tests coming back positive no matter how many tests are taken. When I heard they make you poke your own brain I figured that can’t be accurate, doctors wouldn’t dick around with the probe if you could just blow a snot rocket into a Petri dish and get the same results, and I’m an expert at self-surgery, but no way I’d be able to man up and get the probe deep enough in my snout.

On the up side, the newest brewery in my hood is now talking about getting a canning line in so they can still sell beer and maybe make up for the decreased done in, which for a grumpy recluse like me is a win.

I also snagged some non terrible masks at Old Navy while ordering the kiddo some fresh threads. Cheap, fit tight, elastic ear loops, came in reasonable colors, I recommend them.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
While getting gas I noticed that I was the only one wearing a mask, awesome. A group of 20 somethings went into the store without masks, but did remember to bring a house cat with them.

This place is across the street from a nursing home with a covid-19 outbreak.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
I'll say the same thing to everyone I know who puts carbon handlebars on their mountainbike: Good luck!
No way in Hell do I go into the store. I glove up, wear a mask, park strategically, keep head on swivel, pump gas, safely remove and dispose of gloves, sanitize hands with 91% isopropyl alcohol, sanitize card with same, then hands one more time, remove mask, then bug the fuck out. OCD, yes. Do I care, nope.