Quantcast

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Or

I can’t find the other. Thought it was Roche but apparently not. It’s supposed to be more sensitive—Abbott’s is on the order of 50-65% sensitive, I've read.
Both not PCR. BD test is antibody, the Abbott ID Now is based on an isothermal amplification and should only take 13 minutes. The regular Abbott PCR test takes 24 hrs, the Roche 3.5 hrs according to the manufacturers.

If it was the Abbott ID Now then I would be highly cautious with the results:

Negative results should be treated as presumptive and, if inconsistent with clinical signs and symptoms or
necessary for patient management, should be tested with different authorized or cleared molecular tests.
Negative results do not preclude SARS-CoV-2 infection and should not be used as the sole basis for patient
management decisions. Negative results should be considered in the context of a patient’s recent exposures, history and the presence of clinical signs and symptoms consistent with COVID-19.

Source: https://www.fda.gov/media/136525/download

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Kind of wondering how or if I'll ever get to see my family in Canadia or Yurp ever again the way Murica is winning at this covids...
Still a citizen of any country but the USA? I'm sure you can still get out. Come up to Canada. :)

Even Ontario, which hasn't done the best at this thing, has a population of about 14 million and are now reporting only just over 100 per day for the entire province. Most seem to be out in farm country from migrant workers....

The black humor aspects of the pandemic are notable. The professional medicos even now only barely understand the nature of the malady. Everyone expects an instant solution and there isn't one. People ought to seek the best approximation of sensible behavior and practice it, and do so in their own perceptual framework, but the lunacy of most such frameworks becomes visible over time. The utility of our supposed rationality, or its lack, is clearly revealed.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

Califormia's Florida
“Because of the established link between social-distancing and child harm, :rofl: we cannot support extraordinary efforts aimed at social-distancing at school,” the report said. “Mandatory masks may well lead to a spike in childhood behavior problems such as learning disabilities, anxiety disorders, and depression to name a few.”

“We have hurt hundreds of thousands of more children than we have helped,” said Dr. Sherry Kropp, one of the panelists, in the report.

These pussies need to be stuck in a wagon, given some nails and a rifle and set loose in alaska with a homesteading deed. Life is so tough in orange fucking county isn't it?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Don't listen to those doctors and scientists. Listen to real experts like game show host!

Remember the new mantra of the right; feels > reals.

Edit:. Also, how many levels of HCM stupid do you have to be to watch/hear trump say that, and then say to yourself, "wow, that sounds totally plausible!"?

Last edited:

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Don't listen to those doctors and scientists. Listen to real experts like game show host!

Problem will solve itself.

There is a surplus of republican voters in the world, and i suspect non-mask wearing republicans are overrepresented in covid fatalities.
Hopefully there wont be enough GOP voters swing states in the next 3-4 elections for them to win, and the world will be a better place.

A 2-1 ratio of gop/dem in the fatalities would be enough to have cleaner energy and global warming back in the table, and the world wins

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Stock market drops today. Trump administration announces vaccines will start production by the end of the summer.

Of course they don't know what vaccine is going to be produced, and there is no vaccine currently on a timeline to be ready by then, but by god we gunna make sum.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Problem will solve itself.

There is a surplus of republican voters in the world, and i suspect non-mask wearing republicans are overrepresented in covid fatalities.
Hopefully there wont be enough GOP voters swing states in the next 3-4 elections for them to win, and the world will be a better place.

A 2-1 ratio of gop/dem in the fatalities would be enough to have cleaner energy and global warming back in the table, and the world wins
Someone on FB posted a graph that showed how red states are doing vs blue. Couldn't find a source, but haven't really looked.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Stock market drops today. Trump administration announces vaccines will start production by the end of the summer.

Of course they don't know what vaccine is going to be produced, and there is no vaccine currently on a timeline to be ready by then, but by god we gunna make sum.

I heard a news head say the drop coincided with California announcing a new round of shutdowns, and all I thought was "also immediately followed Trump talking into microphones".

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Pretty fucking sure my epic trip to Perú next spring is cancelled.
Yeah, I wouldnt fly to Peru.
We have about 1500 ventilators now (up from the 250 at the beginning of the covid era), and leveled at about 3500 new cases per day/95k active, for 33 million.

I wouldnt fly anywhere (but new zealand) actually.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Just found out one of my high school friends died of a combination of Covid and alcoholism. He would probably have survived one or the other, but the combination of Covid and withdrawal was the end.
RIP, Art.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Just found out one of my high school friends died of a combination of Covid and alcoholism. He would probably have survived one or the other, but the combination of Covid and withdrawal was the end.
RIP, Art.
yikes that's rough. was the withdrawal during hospitalization?

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
South Carolina had 5,700+ cases over the weekend. Being that I'm 10-15 minutes from the state border, that's pretty exciting, but in a bad way. It astounds me that people refuse to wear a mask and think this is some kind of hoax for political gain. But then again, people have Facebook memes and that's where the real truth is.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
South Carolina had 5,700+ cases over the weekend. Being that I'm 10-15 minutes from the state border, that's pretty exciting, but in a bad way. It astounds me that people refuse to wear a mask and think this is some kind of hoax for political gain. But then again, people have Facebook memes and that's where the real truth is.

1594746714283.png

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
fun story: before my company was bought out (also before i worked there) conference rooms used to have blinds. the blinds were removed from all conference rooms after 2 people were discovered getting busy
A CSR hoochie at my work banged the phone guy on a desk after hours. Word got out and there was an UPROAR about whose desk it was. One desk was quietly replaced later that week. Joke's on her though, he was a psycho who started stalking her and threatened to kill her. She moved to Alaska or some shit.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
A CSR hoochie at my work banged the phone guy on a desk after hours. Word got out and there was an UPROAR about whose desk it was. One desk was quietly replaced later that week. Joke's on her though, he was a psycho who started stalking her and threatened to kill her. She moved to Alaska or some shit.
The sexual tension is killing me....

So he still single or what?

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Orlando newspaper headline on May 5, 2020: Death toll climbs by 72 as model predicts near 4,000 by early August

Desantis spokesperson: "This alarmist headline mimics the erroneous headlines of the recent past that were based on models that were wrong. If you want to get it right speak to @GovRonDeSantis."

July 9 - Florida surpasses 4,000 deaths

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Orlando newspaper headline on May 5, 2020: Death toll climbs by 72 as model predicts near 4,000 by early August

Desantis spokesperson: "This alarmist headline mimics the erroneous headlines of the recent past that were based on models that were wrong. If you want to get it right speak to @GovRonDeSantis."

July 9 - Florida surpasses 4,000 deaths