Quantcast

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
When it comes to wearing masks, why do so many people objecting to credentialed authority figures "telling them what to do" in the name of personal freedom also like to reference the rules of an imaginary authority figure as justification?

Are you about freedom or aren't you?
To fully accept the “imaginary authority figure” you have to suspend all rationale and logic which predisposes you to accepting more Insane bullshit.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
The governor of GA just sued the mayor of Atlanta over the mask mandate. Says that it’s illegal to require citizens to wear masks.

And to phrase it another way, a white, Republican just attacked a black Democratic woman over the health of their constituents. Game on...

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
The governor of GA just sued the mayor of Atlanta over the mask mandate. Says that it’s illegal to require citizens to wear masks.

And to phrase it another way, a white, Republican just attacked a black Democratic woman over the health of their constituents. Game on...
Has there been a precedent set saying that business can voluntarily refuse to serve customers based on their own policies? I mean, just because the law doesn’t require it doesn’t mean informed citizens can’t behave in a responsible fashion, right?

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Has there been a precedent set saying that business can voluntarily refuse to serve customers based on their own policies? I mean, just because the law doesn’t require it doesn’t mean informed citizens can’t behave in a responsible fashion, right?
Sure, some business do not permit the carrying of firearms even though it's legal to do so in the state.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Not quite what I meant. Doofus, white dude is about to incur the wrath of a strong black woman from the South who is not feeling so well as she has Covid-19. She will pick her teeth with the splinters of his bones.

:popcorn:
I know, I just chuckle when I think of that episode and love the meme.

Kemp doesn't strike me as the brightest crayon in the shed, so its no surprise he's overmatched.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Like what kind of issues ?
Only issue I can think of is situations where a mask is generally considered unacceptable attire, banks, liquor stores, places like that. Who has what right to do what in a State that doesn't have a mask mandate, and who's going to tell us who live in States with mandates when we may no longer wear one into such establishments.

Oh, and coffee breath, that's a pretty serious issue nobody seems to talk about. Carry mints people, trust me on this one.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Only issue I can think of is situations where a mask is generally considered unacceptable attire, banks, liquor stores, places like that. Who has what right to do what in a State that doesn't have a mask mandate, and who's going to tell us who live in States with mandates when we may no longer wear one into such establishments.

Oh, and coffee breath, that's a pretty serious issue nobody seems to talk about. Carry mints people, trust me on this one.
@mandown's video pretty much sums up the mask issue:

My state has a mask mandate issued by our governor. But that doesn't mean everyone follows it. Again on my way into town I drove past the local Harley place and it was packed with 100+ bikers, outside, close together and zero masks.

I am continually stunned on a daily basis of how few people will actually wear a mask while in public. It is so bad here that I have gone from (pre-pandemic) riding, hiking, and walking six days a week to hiking once a week and only going to essential businesses like the grocery store. I live like this to protect myself and my 80 year old parents who I shop for and run errands. Meanwhile some people just go on about their daily lives as if nothing has happened, further exacerbating the problem.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
75,000 new cases today. Another new record! How exciting!

This is like watching Mark McGuire and Sammy Sosa battle for the homerun record. But one where outfielders refused to wear gloves to exercise their freedoms.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons

"the science should not stand in the way of this"

"the science is very clear on this"

"the science is on our side"

View attachment 147557
I loved it when she said that the US was an outlier when it came to schools re-opening.
uh-hunh.
Because we ARE the fucking outlier when it comes to cases and transmission rates!!!
I have to say, she is usually quite prepared with her jujuitsu, but she flubbed on that one.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Surely, no one could have seen this coming.

“To further clarify and add perspective, Covid-19 is real and it is here. My son tested positive for the virus, and I feel for of those suffering and especially for those who have lost loved ones," Woolery tweeted before his account disappeared.

Fuck that asshole. I hope he and not his son, dies on ventilator. The condescending heartless shit he has posted over the years is what everyone who ever invented a religion meant for afterlife payback.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Meanwhile, in CO

Hey Douglas County - we don't care about your "rights" (you beligerent, uneducated assholes). They aren't rights when you're killing other people. Put on a fucking mask.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
“To further clarify and add perspective, Covid-19 is real and it is here. My son tested positive for the virus, and I feel for of those suffering and especially for those who have lost loved ones," Woolery tweeted before his account disappeared.

Fuck that asshole. I hope he and not his son, dies on ventilator. The condescending heartless shit he has posted over the years is what everyone who ever invented a religion meant for afterlife payback.
I think the bigger problem is that anybody is paying attention to a past game show host a even worse elect one as president.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Be honest

You moved there for the tax code didn't you?
:rofl: You're funny. Amusingly it was to ride my bike, which I barely do anymore, and to live somewhere cheaper. To live how we wanted to, we couldn't afford to in SF without me keeping a really high stress job, which means seizures.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
1594997403687.png

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
View attachment 147570

Your own personal easy bake oven.
I would fucking drown in that thing, unless it comes with an AC backpack.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
A friend of mine works at a shop that gets occasional celebrity clientele. Recently, a well known individual stopped by in a full hazmat suit, and claimed that was their new daily wear.