Quantcast

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
A lot of popular meats were gone yesterday. Organic stuff was available (expensive), as was expensive steaks and a ton of pork. I eat a lot of pork (higher fat, lower saturated fat, and cheaper than beef), so grabbed a few tenderloins to cut and shrink wrap. Almost all the frozen vegetables were available though... So I got a lot of those, because we eat a lot of those.

It's like people didn't do a good job of thinking about what food you need to survive regarding nutrients. All the cheap meat and pasta. All the rice, but not flour, sugar, bread, etc. If you're concerned about going into needing supplies, why are you just getting the "I like this" food?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
A lot of popular meats were gone yesterday. Organic stuff was available (expensive), as was expensive steaks and a ton of pork. I eat a lot of pork (higher fat, lower saturated fat, and cheaper than beef), so grabbed a few tenderloins to cut and shrink wrap. Almost all the frozen vegetables were available though... So I got a lot of those, because we eat a lot of those.

It's like people didn't do a good job of thinking about what food you need to survive regarding nutrients. All the cheap meat and pasta. All the rice, but not flour, sugar, bread, etc. If you're concerned about going into needing supplies, why are you just getting the "I like this" food?
we don't use a ton of sugar so we have plenty on hand but i did get flour. we got some frozen veggies as well after defrosting our chest freezer, realized how low we were on those.

i'm considering getting some veggies that stay good fresh for a while like butternut squash.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
CO state of emergency as well. I think that's to free up funding--nothing really changed besides having a Lowry drive-through testing station (with MD's Rx) and directing health care, food, etc. employers to allow for quarantine.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Let's see how long Hancock sticks with his, we're not cancelling any events line.