Quantcast

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I am also open to 100% fatalities in this scenario.

Was thinking about how the Juggalos cancelled their annul gathering. A fringe group mislabeled as a gang and widely viewed as a bunch of idiot partiers shows the rest of us something about responsibility.

190805-juggalo-gal-01_czvbdt.jpeg

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Was thinking about how the Juggalos cancelled their annul gathering. A fringe group mislabeled as a gang and widely viewed as a bunch of idiot partiers shows the rest of us something about responsibility.

View attachment 148277
it was actually ICP themselves that cancelled it, but yea. can't say i'm a fan of their music, but they've earned my respect over the years (can't believe i'm saying that)

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
Private Boats Enter SpaceX Splashdown Area, Raising Concerns

Soon to be a campaign ad - 'Boaters for Trump' - which is a real thing too.

How blatantly incompetent does one need to be in order to decide to get up close and personal with a vehicle that just re-entered atmosphere⁉ CoffeeBoi19 has no prognosis other than negative and remains a mystery in its entirety as to its composition. Also as to how it supersedes itself. Something like 1/3 of the clinical tests result in there being long term effects, some of which are not isolated as respiratory problems.

This is unprecedented. Coast Guard even warned these cocksuckers. The Capsule is not Government Property though, which would have resulted in these half-wits raked with semi-auto gunfire in a heartbeat if otherwise.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
As someone who used to do a lot of offshore fishing round florida parts, I will say this: You're not exactly sitting in front of a laptop when fishing....some of them may have just seen something drop and went over to check it out, without knowing that's the exact location of a capsule touchdown. Lots of fishing poles in that pic.

But there's the obvious ones where patriotism and campaigning for astronauts or something was more important than fishing equipment.

Private Boats Enter SpaceX Splashdown Area, Raising Concerns

Soon to be a campaign ad - 'Boaters for Trump' - which is a real thing too.

How blatantly incompetent does one need to be in order to decide to get up close and personal with a vehicle that just re-entered atmosphere⁉ CoffeeBoi19 has no prognosis other than negative and remains a mystery in its entirety as to its composition. Also as to how it supersedes itself. Something like 1/3 of the clinical tests result in there being long term effects, some of which are not isolated as respiratory problems.

This is unprecedented. Coast Guard even warned these cocksuckers. The Capsule is not Government Property though, which would have resulted in these half-wits raked with semi-auto gunfire in a heartbeat if otherwise.
That was a clusterfuck. Some people should not be allowed to operate boats.

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
As someone who used to do a lot of offshore fishing round florida parts, I will say this: You're not exactly sitting in front of a laptop when fishing....some of them may have just seen something drop and went over to check it out, without knowing that's the exact location of a capsule touchdown. Lots of fishing poles in that pic.

But there's the obvious ones where patriotism and campaigning for astronauts or something was more important than fishing equipment.
The article isn't really that long...

Also.........why is this in the covid thread :rofl:
Because Science.

Again - the article clears this all up genius.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
That was a clusterfuck. Some people should not be allowed to operate boats.
I am here to tell you 90% of the people with boats have no business operating them. We used to go to the launch and just sit there for hours watching the disasters unfold in real time. Generally, the more expensive the boat and vehicle, the worse it goes. The guy with a patched johnboat tied to the top of a Caprice probably knows what he's doing. The lawyer/surgeon/dentist with the new $75K boat towed behind a new Sequoia? That's prime entertainment. He's got too much of a chip on his shoulder to listen, so he fucks up real, real bad.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I am here to tell you 90% of the people with boats have no business operating them. We used to go to the launch and just sit there for hours watching the disasters unfold in real time. Generally, the more expensive the boat and vehicle, the worse it goes. The guy with a patched johnboat tied to the top of a Caprice probably knows what he's doing. The lawyer/surgeon/dentist with the new $75K boat towed behind a new Sequoia? That's prime entertainment. He's got too much of a chip on his shoulder to listen, so he fucks up real, real bad.
Yeah, my family had boats, my Dad was in the Navy, he took Coast Guard classes on boating, made sure we had all the proper equipment, made sure the boat was inspected, treated it like any respectable pilot would an airplane. He was absolutely in the minority in that way though, for every one of him, there's like 500 idiots operating boats with no idea what the hell they are doing, drinking alcohol, no equipment, questionable maintenance, it's just a "put it in the water and go" for them.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK

I seriously doubt there were no marine exclusionary zones or similar enacted for the event. It's normal for military ops and other functions. Kind of like Temporary Flight Restrictions (TFRs) that we have as pilots and that we get through a system called Notices to Airmen (NOTAMs). I assume there is something similar for mariners, hell all of our aviation stuff is basically based on maritime stuff.

But back to my post above, I'll be dammed if I'm going to check that shit before using my water-toy. FREEDOM!

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I seriously doubt there were no marine exclusionary zones or similar enacted for the event. It's normal for military ops and other functions. Kind of like Temporary Flight Restrictions (TFRs) that we have as pilots and that we get through a system called Notices to Airmen (NOTAMs). I assume there is something similar for mariners, hell all of our aviation stuff is basically based on maritime stuff.

But back to my post above, I'll be dammed if I'm going to check that shit before using my water-toy. FREEDOM!
Well, reading it, it looks like they didn't establish a zone, which is dumb as F. Yes, the "public" can't establish one on their own, but I'm sure the authorities can, at the request of an org for a certain purpose. Just like we do with air-shows and all sorts of other stuff. This seems like a pretty large oversight. Like Space X can't establish it themselves, but I'm sure NASA could at their request.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
There's a pretty good article somewhere I read about a bunch of buddies on a fishing boat that were going through an Australian (or NZ?) temporary exclusionary zone established for military exercises. A destroyer "found" them and they tried to "just ignore the destroyer" and nearly got blown out of the water. It's funny to read.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Yeah, my family had boats, my Dad was in the Navy, he took Coast Guard classes on boating, made sure we had all the proper equipment, made sure the boat was inspected, treated it like any respectable pilot would an airplane. He was absolutely in the minority in that way though, for every one of him, there's like 500 idiots operating boats with no idea what the hell they are doing, drinking alcohol, no equipment, questionable maintenance, it's just a "put it in the water and go" for them.
One of the best was the guy who blocked a ramp for an hour on a busy morning, with people telling him to get the fuck out of the way the whole time. He finally gets it in the water, stands on the seat and flips off the whole beach, screaming FUCK YOU. He then opens up the powerful V6 outboards on the boat, goes between the oyster bed warning signs and destroys the boat and motors on the the beds. And I do mean completely destroyed. Then he had to call the coast guard because no one would go help him. And I don't blame them, there were oyster beds there, according to the many signs.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Went on a trip with a buddy of mine to the San Juan islands. We tied up to a buoy in this small island inlet. Just outside of the inlet are some vicious currents at mid-tide. Just as it got dark some knob in a 70+ foot multi-million dollar yacht rolls up. Sees no buoys are open and drops anchor. Everyone on the boat goes onto the island and sets up camp. As the currents picked up that big ass yacht was clearly dragging anchor. The people on the boat next to ours went on shore to warn the owners. They did nothing. We we woke up in the morning that big yacht was still there but several hundred yards from where it had started. Had the tides been going in the other direction it would have been up on the rocks.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Our almost-died story was fishing in the Golden Gate, where you would drift along sandy shores for halibut. In doing this, my Dad would shut off the engine, as the "drift" could take a while before you would restart and reposition. Somehow, in the seas, water got in the engine and locked it, so it wouldn't start. Then, we were frantically trying to lay anchor in one of the most trecherous places around, surrounded by rocks. It's deep too, so you won't be able to set an anchor until you are close to the rocks, so that was more of a "hope this works and get ready to abandon" move. Luckily it held and we were able to get a tow, but that was scary as hell in that area. It's not forgiving, fast current, large rocks, large waves, etc.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
One of the best was the guy who blocked a ramp for an hour on a busy morning, with people telling him to get the fuck out of the way the whole time. He finally gets it in the water, stands on the seat and flips off the whole beach, screaming FUCK YOU. He then opens up the powerful V6 outboards on the boat, goes between the oyster bed warning signs and destroys the boat and motors on the the beds. And I do mean completely destroyed. Then he had to call the coast guard because no one would go help him. And I don't blame them, there were oyster beds there, according to the many signs.
I SO would have taken out all of the schraeder cores for his vehicle and trailer while he was flailing on the water.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
I SO would have taken out all of the schraeder cores for his vehicle and trailer while he was flailing on the water.
Not that I would ever do anything like this, being the fine, upstanding community paragon that I am, but it's faster and much more damaging to simply cut the valve stems with wire cutters.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Yeah but this ain't military. It's a blood diamond profiteering megalomaniac who likes space toyz and attention :D
We don't put up Temporary Flight Restrictions (TFRs) for only military stuff. Hell, they even put them up for rocket launches and shit falling out of the sky, yes, civilian ones. I have to think the maritime system works similar. The only problem I'd think is if you are in international waters, well then you ain't got no authority to exclude boats.

Last edited:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Hey data monkeys @Toshi @kidwoo how does data being redirected to the administration, bypassing the CDC, effect sites like world of meters ? Stats look like new cases are leveling off but we know that's not true. Saw a banner underneath Herr Twitler on Foxnews that said new cases were dropping or something like that. Are they cooking the books or is this legit ?