Quantcast

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Will be interesting to see how a overweight man in his 70s responds - thoughts and prayers!
My experience has been that most...don't do well. OTOH, he's a long time non-smoker, supposedly isn't diabetic or a drinker, etc. Biggest risks for him are his age and being a fat tub of shit with high cholesterol. Dude is likely on massive amounts of statins. Granted, we also have no idea what other co-morbidities he may or may not have.

I take excellent care of my patients in the ICU, no matter the particulars of who they are.

I'd be sorely tempted to trip over his catheter tubing by "accident"...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My experience has been that most...don't do well. OTOH, he's a long time non-smoker, supposedly isn't diabetic or a drinker, etc. Biggest risks for him are his age and being a fat tub of shit with high cholesterol. Dude is likely on massive amounts of statins. Granted, we also have no idea what other co-morbidities he may or may not have.

I take excellent care of my patients in the ICU, no matter the particulars of who they are.

I am not familiar with hospital room equipment, but would it be possible to 'accidentally' plug that catheter into say a supply of compressed air or an IV bag of hot sauce?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

He does have type O blood which sounds like he is less likely to have severe symptoms.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru

I´d be like... "oh shit!, my phone is at 95% battery!. Sorry mister president, I have to unplug your ventilator to charge mah phone"

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Shit is about to get real in the 406, it's time to change the scale on the Y axis.

Gov. Bullock will not lock the state down as he's running for Senate and doesn't want to give the opposition any ammunition.

Since your kids are brainy nerds they're naturally isolated but @SkaredShtles tell your (proud) boys to stand down and order delivery 'til the semester break...

tempsnip.png

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Shit is about to get real in the 406, it's time to change the scale on the Y axis.

Gov. Bullock will not lock the state down as he's running for Senate and doesn't want to give the opposition any ammunition.
Yeah - the county should probably consider a lockdown, at this point, IMO. And MSU *especially* should do a two-week lockdown of school. That, I'd think, would dramatically reduce the spread, and it would get them ever-closer to the elusive end-of-semester.

Since your kids are brainy nerds they're naturally isolated but @SkaredShtles tell your (proud) boys to stand down and order delivery 'til the semester break...
We were considering coming up to visit the during the youngest kid's "Fall Break" (really just a long weekend)... but I'm thinking that's probably going to be unwise, at this point.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

Don’t forget suspected long term drug abuse.

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
Now, and this is just my hunch, and — but based on a lot of conversations with a lot of people that do this. Because a lot people will have this and it's very mild. They'll get better very rapidly. They don't even see a doctor. They don't even call a doctor. You never hear about those people. So you can't put them down in the category of the overall population in terms of this corona flu and/or virus. So you just can't do that. So, if, you know, we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work. Some of them go to work, but they get better. -- March 5, 2020 Pres. Trump

Marine One is currently transporting Donald J. Trump somewhere he can 'get better'.

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Quick read on the hypotheticals of the Presidential Election.

What if Trump Can’t Run? Many Steps Are Clear, but Some Are Not

I don't doubt this is weighing on his rotten brain, but to buy time before being served for cheating on Tax Filings. Losing that 74M Rebate that's been audited for 10~Years for all intents and purposes shores-up any potential foreign capital that'd keep his Rubber Raft of an operation afloat.

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013

Asked why each of them were caught wearing masks, the rehearsed reply is going to be 'Meghan's ex-boyfriend is in a Buddy Guy/Randy Rhoads fusion band, we're all going in her Subaru to the show. See Meg's Polka-Dots?'

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
And just wait for when I try to put it back in with the balloon still inflated!

/hilarityensued
I watched the charge nurse in the maximum security medical wing at Santa Rita Jail rip the Cath out of an inmate without deflating the balloon. He had been faking being unconscious he fucking screamed bloody murder and me , my partner and the 6 deputies in the room reflectively protected our packages while cringing

FYI. The inmate was a Jihadist that had attempted escape. He murdered one and seriously injured 18 more before being caught. he was declared mentally unfit for trial and is now in a state mental hospital under lockdown.

Last edited:

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
My state is back to where it was a few months back, no new public transmissions.
Our work didn't change much, wipe contact points before and after work, get shitty when some fat useless tit comes and slaps you on the back because they ain't believe in no dem der Covids.

It has briefly highlighted how much we rely on China for supplies, hopefully it has allowed Taiwan and others to gear up and get some new contracts back off China. Our work buys off a European company that has probably 90% or more of it's product made by the lowest bidder in China, I know China makes decents stuff if you pay for it, sadly the people we use do not pay the money and we get shit parts.

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
x-post from PAWN

Pence visiting Donnie

Staff from Bethesda Medical just had an update on their Star Boarder. Only descriptor outside of results of tests was having Trump claim feeling good enough to walk out of Walter Reed today.

Something tells me the available context, diction and, full exchange is privileged-info; Trump likely is throwing food trays, banging on his bunk at night, and flushing towels down the toilet to flood the floor below. Maybe unscrewing the overhead lighting to spark up and smoke the Banana Peel hidden from Breakfast.

Whenever it is he's discharged (hopefully never) parting words from the orderlies will likely be '...you don't have to go home, but you've got to get the hell out of here...'

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Add Chris Christie to the growing list of Trumpers that got the Rona. Stupid fucking assholes.
He always reminded me of austin powers fat bastard.
Am very interested to see how it plays out. If fat/old/frail people like them dont die, then I think the new standard of care renders covid pretty much non-lethal.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
He always reminded me of austin powers fat bastard.
Am very interested to see how it plays out. If fat/old/frail people like them dont die, then I think the new standard of care renders covid pretty much non-lethal.
But isn't it still currently a 1 in 25ish mortality rate for 75ish yr old men? I think I read that on here somewhere earlier. So you're going to need a few more to come down with it to hit that criteria.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
"Our first lady is doing very well ... Melania is really handling it very nicely. As you’ve probably read, she’s slightly younger than me, just a little tiny bit. And therefore, just we know the disease, we know the situation with age versus younger people. And Melania is handling it statistically, like it’s supposed to be handled. And that makes me very happy," he said.
"slightly younger, just a little tiny bit"... lol