Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
pssh

That's a boise suburb.

They'll be pissed but for the right reasons this time. Only place in ID your asessement would be incorrect.
Been thinking about this... If his kid is a starter, but this was a result of his dad coming to watch the game, I could see those coaches making him 3rd string. Kids don't have to play in games; just be allowed to participate in the sport. Think that might cause enough shatter for a HS kid to break through his dad's crazy bullshit?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Been thinking about this... If his kid is a starter, but this was a result of his dad coming to watch the game, I could see those coaches making him 3rd string. Kids don't have to play in games; just be allowed to participate in the sport. Think that might cause enough shatter for a HS kid to break through his dad's crazy bullshit?
Hey I'm on crazy's side! He's the only nutjob militia motherfucker who publicly said that what they do is in line with the black lives matter movement against a cop run police state.

Go ahead and bookmark this post. You'll be able to embarrass me with it later I'm sure.

But yeah, I feel sorry for the kid. Cuz grandpa's a dumb racist fuckwit. But hey aren't they all!

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
From twitter:

COVID isn’t a big deal. If you get it, follow these steps:

1. See doctors in your in-home medical center

2. If needed, board the helicopter out back

3. Fly to the best hospital in the country

4. Take the best therapeutics $750 in federal taxes can buy

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Screen Shot 2020-10-06 at 1.21.40 PM.png

Just recorded the highest # of daily cases to date. Would love to see that curve dip... like, now.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
x-post

I´ll repeat a post I made 3 years ago. Pretty much what just happened over the last 3 months

alexis_dh´s current theory of real world macroeconomics:

1) central banks pump voracious amounts of cash under the pretense of dynamizing the economy.

2) financial gymnastics and a system of perverse (for those outside the cartel) incentives get the money allocated not to the productive economy; but to the financial "industry".

3) housing prices are not counted for inflation purposes; thus central banks keep pumping cash while nominal inflation is still in check. cash gets allocated to the housing market where pumped cash becomes newly created "wealth" instead of actual inflation.
carefully timed operators short the market and convert the newly created "wealth/cash" into less developed (and future valuable land) or other financial instruments/positions/leverages.

4) wage-earning idiots mortgage their souls for a piece of the newly acquired "wealth" in the form of overpriced housing; since "nominal" inflation appears to be lower than the housing prices increase (before market corrections). which actually is a perfectly rational decision, given the uncertainty and lack of complete information.

5) the market stays irrational long after most people can stay liquid. careful operators know how to time the market and collect their profits, clean and tidy and free from further scrutiny.
operators in the cartel who are not careful enough, get bailed by the goverment in the worst case scenario.

rinse and repeat.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
For my brain, this is the most important stat available in this whole thing:

"excess of the number of deaths that would be expected in a normal year"

Any time someone brings up the "just the flu" or "they're faking the numbers" or "they categorizing everything as COVID" I ask the moran repeating this bullshit how they account for the excess mortality.

Generally they have no idea what that means.

Which is not surprising. :rolleyes:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
For my brain, this is the most important stat available in this whole thing:

"excess of the number of deaths that would be expected in a normal year"

Any time someone brings up the "just the flu" or "they're faking the numbers" or "they categorizing everything as COVID" I ask the moran repeating this bullshit how they account for the excess mortality.

Generally they have no idea what that means.

Which is not surprising. :rolleyes:
Math = liberal conspiracy.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Just heard from my Trump loving parents that the WHO has stated that locking things down was a mistake. Cannot find any legitimate news for this. Anyone know it it’s true or just another FoxNews propaganda piece ?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Just heard from my Trump loving parents that the WHO has stated that locking things down was a mistake. Cannot find any legitimate news for this. Anyone know it it’s true or just another FoxNews propaganda piece ?

Had a normally rational coworker also bring this up. I don't doubt it, but it safe to assume the conclusion was taken out of context.

I assume it reads more like this:
-Rules that prevent certain business or business activities from happening hurts the people working in those economic areas. Lockdowns without larger controls such as mask wearing, and preventing large assemblies of people will not stop the spread. So basically this strategy is garbage and only serves to hurt people in certain business areas.

If you look at countries such as Japan and Singapore, they have managed the disease with decent success not by wholesale lockdowns but actually being prepared and having the people act with great discipline. One may note that does not include maskless people shouting about their rights.