Quantcast

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I've had to fly for work recently. The amount of people in Denver airport you'd think life was normal.

If it wasn't required I'd fucking avoid it.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Cool. Let's fire all the old people
In Japan, the elderly volunteered to go into the containment zone to help cleanup after the Fukushima meltdown.

In America, the elderly insist the young-ins get back to work, because God forbid they can't get a bloomin onion and half off margs at Applebee's.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
This popped up from one of my friends.
Thought he was a bit smarter than this....

Am I the only one that sees that they are nowhere near the same thing?

1602639237786.png

On one hand I don't think my neighbor is gonna get the 'rona if I hit up Taco hell for some midnight Montezuma's revenge.

While the other is a potential plague procession through an entire neighbourhood with the possibility (albeit small) of infecting every participating household.

:banghead:

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
I’m taking my kids camping for Halloween. It’s a great lesson, sometimes life sucks and it’s not fair.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I’m taking my kids camping for Halloween. It’s a great lesson, sometimes life sucks and it’s not fair.
Either that or take them only to Dentist's houses for the guy on Halloween that gives out toothpaste, floss and little brushes. That will also teach them that life is not fair.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Perhaps that should also include a conversation about how a life where the bad alternative to receiving free shit from strangers is recreating, means they live a pretty fucking charmed existence.

Last edited:

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Perhaps that should also include a conversation about how a life where the bad alternative to receiving free shit from strangers is recreating, means they live a pretty fucking charmed existence.

There was some sarcasm in my comment. But ya I let the 7 year old know about how well she has it. I suppose she needs to see it first hand though. My parents took me to a Tijuana shanty town to hand stuff out. I thought everyone in our group was an asshole for getting high on helping people.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The fun thing with Covid is everytime you don't feel so good you think you may have it.

Week before last I developed a runny nose and sore throat. Season had just turned for dry to wet so there was a good chance it was just allergies, but my throat was sorer than it would normally be for the conditions of my sinus but otherwise felt good.

Then for a week I couldn't sleep, would wake in the middle of the night and not even feel tired. It was like a cokeless coke binge. Then I noticed that my normally decent blood pressure was spiking dramatically and randomly throughout the day. 190/100 for 20 minutes then back down to 130/75. Would also occasionally have what felt like heartburn.

Now after a week I feel perfectly fine. Maybe it was nothing, maybe I had a heart attack, maybe it was Covid. Good times.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I spent a month in Montreal and recently returned to Vancouver. Throat was a teensy bit sore upon my return, and I ain't got time for 2 weeks of self isolation, so went and got tested.

Cool story, I know.

Oh yeah, I was negative.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
So herd immunity is now our official strategy. Only 150,000,000 more people need to get sick and 400,000 people need to die and we will be good to go.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
and kamala will not be showing up in nc today...

some people in her group fucked around with science and lost.....

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
A few cities in Peru have already reached "herd inmunity" (nobody knows how long it lasts tho), with random general population sampling of antibodies in the 80+%.

Official death toll is around 1 in 1000. Real death toll is likely between 2-3 per 1000, as suggested by the increase-in-deaths vs prior year.
That´d mean about 600-900k dead in the US.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I was pulling for Florida (duh) but ND moved in on her like a bitch...

I assume vegas has a betting line on this.

Anyone interested in a Covid fantasy league? Draft a certain number of states and cities. 1 case = 1 point, death = 5, triple points for infected public officials.

Normalized for population of course.

Last edited: