Quantcast

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
...aaand we're into second round big time. Not looking good for Europe at the moment.
Ireland is in lockdown already. Locally here in German-Italy we have a lot of new cases, because you know, in the mountains stuff like this doesn't happen.
Half of the intensive care beds here are already occupied. This won't go well, that's for sure.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
...aaand we're into second round big time. Not looking good for Europe at the moment.
Ireland is in lockdown already. Locally here in German-Italy we have a lot of new cases, because you know, in the mountains stuff like this doesn't happen.
Half of the intensive care beds here are already occupied. This won't go well, that's for sure.
CZ is fucked, I worry about my parents a lot.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
CZ is fucked, I worry about my parents a lot.
Well, to be honest which country isn't? Seems like only Germany, Hungary, Austria and Switzerland to have it somewhat under control. Yet.
The South and Great Britain will bleed even more. The others will get tortured the first time.
I too am worried about a few persons in my private life, especially my grandmom. She's a treasure of a lady and copes very well with the situation. Unfortunetaly unless you go into complete self-quarantine there is always a chance to get the bat-flu somewhere.
I for one am preparing for a difficult winter.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I thought about this last night..

Pro of covid 19: not having to attend work christmas parties.
Con of covid 19: not getting to attend work christmas parties (free beer and good food).

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
every day or rotating schedule? our school just moved to one day per week for the younger kids, adding the same middle and upper schools in the coming weeks.
hybrid. 2 groups, 2 days in person (mon/weds or tues/thurs) and everyone online friday. we are not participating in such stupidity and have opted to remain online only.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Heading for another lockdown over here, starting on Monday. Schools and daycares are to remain open while restaurants will go back to being take-out only and private gatherings are severely restricted.

At the end of September, Merkel gave yet another one of her great speeches, laying out in very simple terms how exponential growth works and how infection numbers were bound to increase during the fall. Even though she was rather conservative in her calculation, assuming a lower growth rate than we are seeing now and estimating 20.000 daily new cases by christmas, she got tons of backlash.
Next, she invited all the prime ministers of the states to discuss new measures to counter the growth, they couldn't agree on a single thing and she closed the meeting with: "Then I'll see you all again in two weeks and we will have to do this exact thing all over again", which is exactly what happened.

And here we are. I am going to miss that woman very much when she steps down next year.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
So my local valley got lockdown'd right now. We 're having a lot of cases here, so the local persons in charge decided to lock local hotspots. Until Italy as a whole will get closed down that is.
I don't really understand the logic about waiting and waiting. It's no rocket science that cases will soar unless people aren't able to interact anymore.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
So my local valley got lockdown'd right now. We 're having a lot of cases here, so the local persons in charge decided to lock local hotspots. Until Italy as a whole will get closed down that is.
I don't really understand the logic about waiting and waiting. It's no rocket science that cases will soar unless people aren't able to interact anymore.
What's the mask wearing and normal distancing been like?

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
What's the mask wearing and normal distancing been like?
All in all rather bad.
Stubborn mountain people aren't too good in following the rules. Since I traveled in the last few months through Germany, Hungary etc. for business I have to say though, that people in general were rather lazy in keeping distance. Mix in summer tourism (think about the economy!) and you have the super-spreading.
Which you can see now by the numbers in Yurp.

Germany, France are going in a Lockdown. Italy will follow, although they don't want to.That's for sure.
To be honest, I am baffled about the slowness in the decision-taking. Instead of shutting down, they tried to get away with half-assed measures and self-responsibility (lolz).

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Heading for another lockdown over here, starting on Monday. Schools and daycares are to remain open while restaurants will go back to being take-out only and private gatherings are severely restricted.

At the end of September, Merkel gave yet another one of her great speeches, laying out in very simple terms how exponential growth works and how infection numbers were bound to increase during the fall. Even though she was rather conservative in her calculation, assuming a lower growth rate than we are seeing now and estimating 20.000 daily new cases by christmas, she got tons of backlash.
Next, she invited all the prime ministers of the states to discuss new measures to counter the growth, they couldn't agree on a single thing and she closed the meeting with: "Then I'll see you all again in two weeks and we will have to do this exact thing all over again", which is exactly what happened.

And here we are. I am going to miss that woman very much when she steps down next year.
As an American, I can't tell you how jealous I am.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Forward looking documentary:

All that over the flu? Pssh. Sheeple.

I'd forgotten how stupid michael bay movies are. That was thought up in april obviously, back when people still had some shred of in it togetherness. LONG before a letter of the alphabet ate our brains way worse than any virus can. We've since learned that there's also an army of beer gut, bootlicking, dullard cop wannabes that would be doing all the bungled work of authorities voluntarily by then. Because you know.......pedophiles or whatever......

Last edited: