Sleazattle
"the pit"

richest, greatest country in the world

Nice death panel

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Funny you say that, I was honestly going to post that if anything happens to me, I want that new bike auctioned/raffled off with proceeds going to our local trail organization, MBT. (Mountain Bike the Tetons) I want some benches built on two of the trail areas that I developed. . I didn’t want to be a drama queen just yet, though.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
So, I have a little fever, and my lungs are getting raspy.
this is scary.
don’t have my results yet though.
Remember that nearly everyone does get through it. Best of luck and fuck donnie for not doing more to stop it when he could/should have. Take vitamin C and D if you have access to such, anecdotally helpful and can’t hurt, unlike bleach or something.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
We are calling our doctor friends to see whether I need to go to the ER. My exhalations are doing something called ‘crackling’. I feel generally ok (but foggy), color is good, etc. we are going to check pulse ox in a minute.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
Docs said I should be ok until tomorrow.
More than likely this is mild pneumonia from significantly shallow breathing due to broken ribs earlier.
pulse ox 94 (Garmin).
but I REALLY don’t want to have pneumonia and Covid concurrently.

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Docs said I should be ok until tomorrow.
More than likely this is mild pneumonia from significantly shallow breathing due to broken ribs earlier.
pulse ox 94 (Garmin).
Good luck, bro.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
No, no you don't. Woof. Echoing sentiments of staying positive, get better, maybe take some vitamin A & D, etc. How's the wife and kiddo units doing? I recall you saying wife unit tested positive, but maybe just mild symptoms?

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
Wife is basically recovered. No symptoms for kiddo. We get the test results for us today or tomorrow. But the only thing it will change is how they treat me at the clinic or er. Breathing is a little better today, so that’s good.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I fell into that after my August crash. Coincidently it was FT who reminded me of the risk (as he just went through it too) and once I started to force some deep breathing I felt better in days.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
I cannot confirm or deny this.
i honestly don’t know, but My ribs are still fucked up. I think I might have re-injured them working out?
However, I have had some improvement since last night, the ‘crackling’ has significantly abated.
its been a fucker of a year.

Last edited:

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Wife and I both tested + on 11/6.

We'd both had mild upper resp symptoms and a mild cough for a couple days - both thought it just a mild cold. Afebrile, no SOB, our 02 sats maintained the whole time, no N/V/D. Only went for testing after wifey realized she couldn't smell anything that morning.

Fast forward to now, I am basically back to normal, she is about where I was a few days ago. Fits somewhat - my symptoms began about three days prior to hers.

Worked out nicely, since she's already WFH and I was having a stretch of 9 days off to burn some PTO. I go to see employee health tomorrow - ten days post + test to get a thumbs up or down to return to work.

Having seen firsthand what this shit can do, we both realize how lucky we have been. Young-ish, healthy, fit, non-diabetics who have no cardio-pulmonary issues.

I feel like an ass - she has barely left the house in the last 8 months, so I'm pretty sure my dumb ass brought it home, despite my caution.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
I cannot confirm or deny this.
i honestly don’t know, but My ribs are still fucked up. I think I might have re-injured them working out?
However, I have had some improvement since last night, the ‘crackling’ has significantly abated.
its been a fucker of a year.
Man, those always suck and take forever to heal. Any further little injury to them just sets the clock back.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Do I feel bad about the manager and store for not wearing their masks properly to corporate on Twitter? Nope.

Do I get extra amusement when they respond within 5min that they will be discussing company policies with store management promptly? Yes.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Do I feel bad about the manager and store for not wearing their masks properly to corporate on Twitter? Nope.

Do I get extra amusement when they respond within 5min that they will be discussing company policies with store management promptly? Yes.
I think you accidentally a word in the first sentence

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
I thought I was always good about masking and PPE at work, and masking and hand sanitizing when going to the store and whatnot. Obviously I slipped up somewhere. Not a clue as to where/how. Now I am at the point of just wearing an N95 anytime going out rather than just the cloth masks or surgical masks.

Fuck this shit. We both got off relatively easily but I still feel like an asshole for having brought this home to my wife.

Do not want a repeat, and am not pinning any hopes on a vaccine anytime soon, or immunity/antigen levels keeping us safe.

That way lies folly.