Quantcast

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Well, one silver lining, if we travel, we don’t have to quarantine anymore. Some friends have offered to lend us their condo in Hawaii. Wifey wants to do this. I am also revisiting my cancelled Mexico surf/Mt. Bike trip that I had to cancel last spring, If Perú is still a disaster.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Sounds like a PPE shortage again.

Had a virtual happy hour with some friends last night. My friend who is a nurse in ABQ gets one mask every two days and his sister who is an OBGYN averages 3 c-section per mask.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Well, one thing, it might not actually be all that fun if all the beaches, restaurants, surf lessons/etc are completely shut down. Gonna have to think this one through.
you're not helping

-gets worldwide disease the entire planet has been more or less consumed with for a year, killing 1M+ and still holds many unknowns

-"now how this here gon affect my amenities and service?"

Just take care of yourself, those around you, and leave it that for now.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
That is where I have come to in 1/2 an hour of thinking about it.
This shit has long term symptoms that don't go away in some cases. At least not yet in the span since it has existed. You live in a beautiful place with access to most of what you want to do. I'll be sitting tight in mine doing the same.

Plus starting violent fights with entitled out of towners who come here complaining about the 'service'

take care of yoself bru

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Now I am at the point of just wearing an N95 anytime going out rather than just the cloth masks or surgical masks.
I've been poking around looking for a replacement for the N95 mask the midge gifted me back in April which is likely well past it's prime.

I was thinking about trying out the next step up, something like this:

1605486063038.png

Honeywell P100 Deluxe Disposable Respirator for Lead Abatement

But wonder if they can be found online.

Amazon and the big boys are (reasonably) saving their stock for first responders and the like...

I gather paint stores may still have some but would prefer online purchase as we're in a third wave in the 406.

Short of going Eric/Hazmat style (which I already own but likely overKILL for my weekly grocery/beer run...) does anyone have any other recommendations for where I could track down a non-monocle N95/N100 mask available for purchase...

1605485795510.png

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Have pretty much stopped going to the grocery store and now having the orders delivered.
went to favorite hole in wall pizza place....none of staff wearing masks....backed right out...wondering how health inspector has not shut them down....

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
went to favorite hole in wall pizza place....none of staff wearing masks....backed right out...wondering how health inspector has not shut them down....
The only 2 places we've been consistently getting takeout - our local sushi and bbq places - are super strict and consistent. The sushi place is takeout only and won't even let people inside. They always get good tips

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I've been poking around looking for a replacement for the N95 mask the midge gifted me back in April which is likely well past it's prime.

View attachment 152423

Amazon and the big boys are (reasonably) saving their stock for first responders and the like...

I gather paint stores may still have some but would prefer online purchase as we're in a third wave in the 406.

Short of going Eric/Hazmat style (which I already own but likely overKILL for my weekly grocery/beer run...) does anyone have any other recommendations for where I could track down a non-monocle N95/N100 mask available for purchase...

View attachment 152422
a rather large man who works at the local gas station wears one of those....do not blame him.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
Kinda came to the conclusion that a vacation would be supremely selfish. Even if we were 100% in the right, I am sure there will be resentment and fear of travelers for a long time, and this is something that needs to be respected. Wait and see, I guess.
i was just suffering from optimism.
I won’t let it happen again.
What Would A Canadian Do?

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Big shocker, test result was positive.
But I’m doing much better so far.
Take vitamin D. Like 15,000 IU daily. And yes, try to open all of those alveoli with deep inspirations despite your nagging rib injury.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

View attachment 152423

View attachment 152422
The n95 that I had stashed in my drywall bag finally shit the bed so I got a couple of these. Been tested for Covid and came back negative. So I am going to assume that they do in fact do what they claim.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
JFC.

NOBODY should be fucking travelling fucking anywhere right now.

This should not need to be said.
If you read, I came to that conclusion all on my own, thanks.
the last thing I would want to do is have any of my family get sick or injured, and further stress a strained health care system somewhere else.
did you read the WP article?

Last edited:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I feel like an ass - she has barely left the house in the last 8 months, so I'm pretty sure my dumb ass brought it home, despite my caution.
My financée is a nurse. I know the risks. I know her hospital is seeing more COVID patients. I know she's taking precautions, and being safe.

I accept this.

Man, those always suck and take forever to heal. Any further little injury to them just sets the clock back.
Don't I know it.

My grocery store just got rid of the covid "traffic controls" on the store floor. Feels a bit premature.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Can confirm.
The other thing you really really don't want to break is your sternum - trust me on this.
Breaking ribs is like a German sausage... it's the würst.

Big shocker, test result was positive.
But I’m doing much better so far.

I don't know whether to like or dislike. get well!
This.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
The n95 that I had stashed in my drywall bag finally shit the bed so I got a couple of these. Been tested for Covid and came back negative. So I am going to assume that they do in fact do what they claim.

N95s and P100s are to protect the wearer, but they blow out unfiltered crap, which is why the cloth mask mandate is up in almost every place. The masks are to protect other people, not the wearer. On the airlines, they specifically won't let you wear an N95 or similar, because it's basically the "super-spreader" mask. We have N95s and P100s at work, but the purpose is quite different. A nurse or health professional might wear an N95 and discard it after a use, but that's while in contact with a sicky person.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
If you read, I came to that conclusion all on my own, thanks.
the last thing I would want to do is have any of my family get sick or injured, and further stress a strained health care system somewhere else.
did you read the WP article?
Yes I got that. And yes I read it. Nobody should be f****** traveling.

No offence man, but it shouldn't have taken you till just now to come to the nobody should be f****** traveling conclusion.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
N95s and P100s are to protect the wearer, but they blow out unfiltered crap, which is why the cloth mask mandate is up in almost every place. The masks are to protect other people, not the wearer. On the airlines, they specifically won't let you wear an N95 or similar, because it's basically the "super-spreader" mask. We have N95s and P100s at work, but the purpose is quite different. A nurse or health professional might wear an N95 and discard it after a use, but that's while in contact with a sicky person.
This is why you need a medical grade or non-valve N95 mask.

Yes not as sturdy and they don't last as long but they reduce the chance of your spreading thing.

And I understand for the non-medical population right now they are in short supply. So if you get some and have them be very very careful with them and take very very good care of them.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

No offence man, but it shouldn't have taken you till just now to come to the nobody should be f****** traveling conclusion.
There is a newish restaurant down the street that has valet parking. Yeah, you can have some kid drive around firing off his germ cannon in your vehicle while you gorge yourself in public during a pandemic.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
My financée is a nurse. I know the risks. I know her hospital is seeing more COVID patients. I know she's taking precautions, and being safe.

I accept.
Mrs. Scrub feels (so she says) the same. Doesn't mean I don't feel like an asshole for bringing it home.

Be well and safe!

velocipedist

Lubrication Sensei
Jul 11, 2006
Rainbow City Alabama
Unless your rule following Japanese company embraces Georgia's lack of guidance as the best we can do..

Flying to fckin Omaha tomorrow for a week, thought about complaining, would have only lost travel pay. So I said fuggit, found a new job and gave notice. Writing a resignation letter in Japanese was fun.

But the bright side is new jorb in Alabama starts in December, hopefully I can stay healthy until then.

Rational thought is gone because 'I am stir crazy'... so very American™