Quantcast

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I generally fly into Stapleton anymore.
Much more convenient.
But the touchdown is a little bumpy, for some reason.
You'd land just lateral to my house. I live near one of the off-runway fire stations along the western north-south runway.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Are there still any of those old those old outbuildings?
The control tower still stands. It was a Punchbowl Social, a bowling + food place for a bit, but COVID seems to have killed that.

Everything else is pretty much razed. There used to be short segments of taxiways still visible here and there but the development is such that now those fields have been turned over, the concrete hauled away, and new buildings erected.

One cool thing is that my bike route to work along the Sand Creek Greenway has a segment called Tunnels, which is the section of the creek that used to go under the taxiways. The overhead taxiways themselves have been removed so it's a deroofed tunnel, if you will, but still a cool part of history, IMO.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Jesus Christ. No wonder there's so much money behind the initiative to limit employer liability for workers contracting the virus.
When Covid first hit my employer implemented some common sense regulations that weren't really enforced due to production's desire to just produce. We have a safety issue reporting system that got jammed with complaints like "I literally had 3 people dripping sweat and drool on me".

Then an employee died from Covid. I think there were threats of a strike. The plant shut down for two weeks and rigorous safety rules implemented. It sounds like those are actually working. The company has a COVID infection rate half of the community and the vast majority of infections are from morons WFH.

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
Haha America! We win with you in incompetent covid response. 2 days ago Poland was responsible for 30% of worldwide covid related deaths!!! 30% !!! Our population is 37 million!!!

We are also today #1 in New Covid cases #1 in new deaths. We beat Mexico by 130 people per day, Mexico has over twice our population. Only 7 countries have over 100 covid related deaths today. We have 637.

Also police is teargassing peaceful protesters after surrounding them and plain clothes policemen attack them. The protesters are mostly women, regular women protesting the near absolute abortion ban. 2 MP's were beaten and gassed. My life here is good and I'm safe but jesus my country is turning into a dumpster fire.
we will win it back. We dont like being shown up!

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
we will win it back. We dont like being shown up!
Well you have thrown Trump away. Our Government have just chosen policemen with the same political ideas as the leading party to create a special police unit. I don't throw political comparisons lightly but we have our own political police. The government refused help from Germany because they are a bit busy cosplaing as 1930s Weimar Republic and Covid won't stop them.

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Well you have thrown Trump away. Our Government have just chosen policemen with the same political ideas as the leading party to create a special police unit. I don't throw political comparisons lightly but we have our own political police. The government refused help from Germany because they are a bit busy cosplaing as 1930s Weimar Republic and Covid won't stop them.
I'm betting that once Drunkle Joe takes office, some special COVID Cure is gonna release and the entire left party is gonna claim "Biden did this in 2 months, what Trump couldnt in a year." Just like Obama got credit, (from the left), for everything the happened with the economy after Trump took over.

In honesty, it probably wont, but i would not be surprised if it did. 2021 is going to say "Hold my Beer".

Politics is/are(?) the biggest source of divide in people in the USA, and no amount of left or right wing propaganda will change my mind

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I'm betting that once Drunkle Joe takes office, some special COVID Cure is gonna release and the entire left party is gonna claim "Biden did this in 2 months, what Trump couldnt in a year." Just like Obama got credit, (from the left), for everything the happened with the economy after Trump took over.

In honesty, it probably wont, but i would not be surprised if it did. 2021 is going to say "Hold my Beer".

Politics is/are(?) the biggest source of divide in people in the USA, and no amount of left or right wing propaganda will change my mind
Joe is not the greatest option too. I agree. And democrats, at least the non progressive wing likes to look for easy explanations to stuff (like Trump won because of hacking and cambridge analitica (their science is garbage) and not because Hillary didn't visit key states enough and had a bigger negative electorate than Drumpf).

Though Obama should get credit for the economy happening after Trump took over. Obama managed to change the trajectory the economy was going in. Trump took over and the trajectory didn't change one bit. So why would Trump get credit if it seems his presidency didn't affect the larger economic trend? It shouldn't. And overall I think Obama gets too much credit too. He wasted a ton of time and changed way less than he promised. Despite having world class economic advisors he really didn't seem to be eager to do what they preach.

This all still doesn't change Trump is the worst US president in at least 100 years. This isn't propaganda. Even if you agree with his ideas he is not a very smart person. Or a hard working one. If there was a hard-working politician that supported my ideas but with the mental abilities and work ethic of President Cheeto I'd not support him. Plain and simple.

Finally. Not all discussion about Politics is propaganda. There is a big difference between seeing the flaws on both sides, being critical on them and then deciding if one is possibly better than the other and being a fundamentalist centrist. There are some fights where being in the middle is not the intellectually superior position. I'd suggest reading MLK's letters from Birmingham prison. He has some very choice criticism for what he calls "white moderates" but I'd argue this also relates to being in the middle out of spite and not because after carefully analyzed all the information you expect both sides to be equally harmfu.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
One critique of your critique of Obama, it’s nearly impossible to get anything done, at all, with an obstructionist Senate and House. That’s what makes what he did accomplish so Herculean.
Right. I think we have to acknowledge that Obama's greatest flaw was his optimism. For too long he thought he could talk some sense into Republicans and work across the aisle.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
that's because you believe blindingly stupid shit like what you just typed

When Covid first hit my employer implemented some common sense regulations that weren't really enforced due to production's desire to just produce. We have a safety issue reporting system that got jammed with complaints like "I literally had 3 people dripping sweat and drool on me".

Then an employee died from Covid.
At least they were proactive and didn't let anything bad happen.

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Though Obama should get credit for the economy happening after Trump took over. Obama managed to change the trajectory the economy was going in. Trump took over and the trajectory didn't change one bit. So why would Trump get credit if it seems his presidency didn't affect the larger economic trend?
Im not saying Obama didnt' start it, and that he should receive no credit, but no one on the far left side would give Trump credit for keeping it going and not allowing it to collapse into something like the house market crash of '08. I'll talk about the COVID economic collapse in bit. But he did make a dumb move with China which caused which caused them to stop buy most of our recycling.

Not all discussion about Politics is propaganda
No it's not, and thats not what i mean. Allow me to clarify. By propaganda, i mean in terms of what either side will say if you ask them what the largest source of division on this country is. Some will say Race, Religion, Wealth, but few would likely say politics, or more precisely, Ideology. If you post online that you say love guns, most people would immediately plaster you as a Republican. If you say you support abortions, they will label you a Democrat. If you say you support both, both sides will label you as a weirdo.

This all still doesn't change Trump is the worst US president in at least 100 years.
Yeah, he's bad.

Alot of people blame the current economic collapse on Trump, but as @rideit said, most of it is to blame on
an obstructionist Senate and House.
Both sides have their idea of what the "stimulus package" should be, and neither wants to let the other sides idea win. Meanwhile, they are still getting paid, they arent going homeless and shutting down their businesses. While other countries are getting stimulated, our congress is screwing us over on this one.

Everyone wants to blame the president for everything or not doing enough, meanwhile what little bit they could do, is sitting in congress getting fought over. And this goes for any president.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Covid is going to be a gnarly problem over at least the next 9 months regardless of leadership.

And no, no one believes that it's going to be politicized to the point of a new president shooting magical virus slaying unicorns out of his ass, which is pretty much what you claimed.

Typing "both sides" as many times as you can doesn't make you sound smart, balanced, or diplomatic. It just indicates you don't really know details of much of anything and think sounding 'fair' puts you in a place of knowledge.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Which is weird cause it was just going to go away on Nov 3rd according to the president.
it totally goes away if you just drop out of the world, hole up in your bunker, and pretend it's not there. duh.

to be fair, i'm sure the guy's just pouring all of his remaining energy into making the second week of january the most amazing infrastructure week you could ever imagine!!!!1!!1!!!1

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
that's because you believe blindingly stupid shit like what you just typed
All i am saying is that all of the arguments i see online, most of political based, or someone randomly throwing politics on a comment that has nothing to do with politics just so that person can voice their opinion.

Typing "both sides" as many times as you can doesn't make you sound smart, balanced, or diplomatic. It just indicates you don't really know details of much of anything.
Im not saying it does. You are correct, because im not the most versed on politics.

And no, no one believes that it's going to be politicized to the point of a new president shooting magical virus slaying unicorns out of his ass, which is pretty much what you claimed.
Im still making up my lost shit-posting time. Miss me being gone yet?

Covid is going to be a gnarly problem over at least the next 9 months regardless of leadership.
I know it will.

it totally goes away if you just drop out of the world, hole up in your bunker, and pretend it's not there. duh.
I believe the term for that is "Social Distancing"

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
All i am saying is that all of the arguments i see online, most of political based, or someone randomly throwing politics on a comment that has nothing to do with politics just so that person can voice their opinion.
Just gotta ignore that shit. "Gathering information" is important. Getting "information" from people paid to talk about politics or from people who are such losers they can only frame the world in terms of politics is pretty pointless. Reality is a lot more valuable than people giving their 'take' on reality.

Misinformation and propaganda have cost millions of people either jobs, houses, relationships, their own businesses and even lives the last 9 months. When you have people literally dying of a disease they refuse to accept as even real, it's best to just remove yourself from the noise that created that situation. It's less than useless, it's dangerous. It has made a bad problem worse.

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Just gotta ignore that shit. "Gathering information" is important. Getting "information" from people paid to talk about politics or from people who are such losers they can only frame the world in terms of politics is pretty pointless. Reality is a lot more valuable than people giving their 'take' on reality.

Misinformation and propaganda have cost millions of people either jobs, houses, relationships, their own businesses and even lives the last 9 months. When you have people literally dying of a disease they refuse to accept as even real, it's best to just remove yourself from the noise that created that situation. It's less than useless, it's dangerous. It has made a bad problem worse.
And what makes it worse is that you dont know who to trust, so you end up trusting no one.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
And what makes it worse is that you dont know who to trust, so you end up trusting no one.
thats the point of some of it. but real news still very much exists. Want to know about a new law? Go read it on the federal register. Want to know about something that happened on video? Find the longest clip you can, regardless of where its from for context.

There are plenty of institutions out there entirely worthy of trust....like newspapers that are over 100 years old that still have staff reporters (not the editorial shit). Its available. Not being able to find it isnt an excuse. We have greater access to quick information than ever before. You dont get off the hook by not really looking.

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
thats the point of some of it. but real news still very much exists. Want to know about a new law? Go read it on the federal register. Want to know about something that happened on video? Find the longest clip you can, regardless of where its from for context.

There are plenty of institutions out there entirely worthy of trust....like newspapers that are over 100 years old that still have staff reporters (not the editorial shit). Its available. Not being able to find it isnt an excuse. We have greater access to quick information than ever before. You dont get off the hook by not really looking.
Yes, but some people dont take the initiative to do such thing.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
If you post online that you say love guns, most people would immediately plaster you as a Republican. If you say you support abortions, they will label you a Democrat. If you say you support both, both sides will label you as a weirdo.
:think: Supporting abortions with a gun clearly makes you a weirdo! :D ;)

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
...."both sides" ...
What I find weird is, that usually in a time of crisis the people tend to support the nation's leadership not matter if they completely support their political views or not. This time it hasn't happened in the US and also some other countries and I think mainly because the people in power did not make it clear enough in how deep shit we are.
My take to remedy that: everybody on Facebook should get a post from them daily informing them of their risk of dying from Covid. That will open their eyes ... or not as you can see with all the people smoking. Just forget it, people are stupid! :disgust:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
t: everybody on Facebook should get a post from them daily informing them of their risk of dying from Covid. That will open their eyes ... or not as you can see with all the people smoking. Just forget it, people are stupid! :disgust:
Yeah that won't work.

For example, a whole slew of people complained about getting alerts on their cell phones from the emergency notification system from the government here. A service that saves lives and can prevent tragedy.

Or like you said, people know that smoking cigarettes is very harmful, but they still do it. Here in Canada cigarette packages are pretty much labeled with images and words saying you WILL die. And yet here we are....

People are idiots and just don't care. And this is Canada...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
So my friend with the kid who faked getting into Harvard and ended up at the esteemed University of Montana has a current GPA of 0.0/4.0 and will not be returning after the semester. My buddy doesn't trust him to not to bring Covid back to the house and is currently building a wall through part of his house to create a quarantine zone for the shit head kid.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
So my friend with the kid who faked getting into Harvard and ended up at the esteemed University of Montana has a current GPA of 0.0/4.0 and will not be returning after the semester. My buddy doesn't trust him to not to bring Covid back to the house and is currently building a wall through part of his house to create a quarantine zone for the shit head kid.
Sounds like he's on a leadership track

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle