Quantcast

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I think the kid has a narcissistic personality disorder. I am going to guess he purposely threw the semester because he couldn't face being a C student which doesn't align with the genius myth has been created. And of course his failure is everyone else's fault.
Can you warn us if he ever runs for high office?

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
I think the kid has a narcissistic personality disorder. I am going to guess he purposely threw the semester because he couldn't face being a C student which doesn't align with the genius myth has been created. And of course his failure is everyone else's fault.
republican draft, first pick.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
The governor of Kansas issued an executive order requiring wearing masks in public spaces, effective July 3, 2020, subject to county authority to opt out. After July 3, COVID-19 incidence decreased in 24 counties with mask mandates but continued to increase in 81 counties without mask mandates.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Those seem far more pleasant than whatever drug I hear advertised on TV that has the side effect of necrosis of the perineum. Just say no to taint rot.
Lol wife and I were joking about that one the other day. Even after living in this country for as long as I have now, the paradox of drug ads still confuse/amuse me.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Lol wife and I were joking about that one the other day. Even after living in this country for as long as I have now, the paradox of drug ads still confuse/amuse me.
I look forward to Covid vaccine ads showing people doing active things while having a manic episode to the tune of some of long forgotten pop song.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I look forward to Covid vaccine ads showing people doing active things while having a manic episode to the tune of some of long forgotten pop song.
Speaking for my self, I can't wait to be part of the future class action lawsuit against the airlines and the manufacturer of the stuff were spraying the airplanes with after every flight, when in 15 years it turns out that stuff makes you grow a third nipple and/or causes cancer of some sort.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Speaking for my self, I can't wait to be part of the future class action lawsuit against the airlines and the manufacturer of the stuff were spraying the airplanes with after every flight, when in 15 years it turns out that stuff makes you grow a third nipple and/or causes cancer of some sort.

What are they spraying? There are a lot of fairly benign chemicals that will kill a wimpy virus, alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, citric acid etc. I know there has also been a big push to implement UV light that disinfect surfaces not designed to have shit sprayed on it.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
What are they spraying? There are a lot of fairly benign chemicals that will kill a wimpy virus, alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, citric acid etc. I know there has also been a big push to implement UV light that disinfect surfaces not designed to have shit sprayed on it.
Out-of-date chemtrail juice.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Its Natural! Just like asbestos and uranium!

For real though, probably more benign than most of the other substances I come in contact with on a daily basis.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
FB_IMG_1606137128525.jpg

So our little redneck county was almost COVID free. We had like 3 cases a few months ago when other counties were en fuego.

Now we are pretty much keeping pace with the rest of the state.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
We fucked.

My little corner of the world seems to have been super diligent up until now. Well on Friday I saw something I haven't seen since last year. Groups of people all dressed to go out, hitting the grocery store to pick up bottles of wine and other items one would purchase as an offering at a social event.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
My little corner of the world seems to have been super diligent up until now. Well on Friday I saw something I haven't seen since last year. Groups of people all dressed to go out, hitting the grocery store to pick up bottles of wine and other items one would purchase as an offering at a social event.
I had to travel for work last week.

It was busy as hell on all the flights and in the airports. It may not be 2019-holiday-busy, but it's not far off.

But look at the bright side, this makes it even more like the original "Thanksgiving".

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I had to travel for work last week.

It was busy as hell on all the flights and in the airports. It may not be 2019-holiday-busy, but it's not far off.

But look at the bright side, this makes it even more like the original "Thanksgiving".

I am keeping myself safe, as is my family. And thankfully I don't have to travel anymore.

But I feel like I am getting to the point where I'm just going to kick back and watch the world burn knowing the source of the problem is also the fuel.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I am keeping myself safe, as is my family. And thankfully I don't have to travel anymore.

But I feel like I am getting to the point where I'm just going to kick back and watch the world burn knowing the source of the problem is also the fuel.
I believe I was able to limit my exposure, sanitizing the rental car before I drove it, all the touchy-areas in the hotel room, mask during work and public places and lots of hand-washing/sanitizing afterwards. If I don't get a positive test result in the next day or so from required the test last week upon returning, I'm good. But you can't control it 100% even when you are doing it like this. Family and friends traveling all over for TG, that's like holding millions of MAGA super-spreader events simultaneously.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I believe I was able to limit my exposure, sanitizing the rental car before I drove it, all the touchy-areas in the hotel room, mask during work and public places and lots of hand-washing/sanitizing afterwards. If I don't get a positive test result in the next day or so from required the test last week upon returning, I'm good. But you can't control it 100% even when you are doing it like this. Family and friends traveling all over for TG, that's like holding millions of MAGA super-spreader events simultaneously.
If I had to fly I would be most concerned with the various lines and the government mandated fondling.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
The only outside interaction currently in our household is once a week food shopping. I'm gladly trying to avoid the world and hoping myself and my wife can avoid COVID with just the shopping trip. Definitely hoping my family is staying safe too.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
"finally getting to the point?"

don't forget your roots son. You have some bullshit moment of hope this summer or something?

I hope they burn the funeral pyres hot. Too cold and the smoke will settle at low elevation, not good for your lungs. People think that more fuel is the answer. It is early to boil the moisture off. Then you need lots airflow and not fuel to keep the temperature up.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
If I had to fly I would be most concerned with the various lines and the government mandated fondling.
That was pretty low on my list of concerns. TSA is well shielded at checkpoints. Any heavy petting is done with gloves on fabric that you probably shouldn't be touching with your bare hands anyway. My bigger concern was all the touchy places on airplanes and people constantly moving about close to you (even with the center rows being vacant). There's no way they are actually pulling out all the tray-tables and sanitizing them, reaching in the pockets, etc.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru

Death Panels
*republican* death panels.
If I was a democrat, I´d get so many miles out of this

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

There are so many points of hypocracy one could use against Republicans, but they are immune to facts, have no memories and are well armed with wuttabouts. Not to mention they would just claim hospitalization numbers are fake or that Covid was engineered by the Chinese in cahoots with Democrats to make Trump look bad.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
The only outside interaction currently in our household is once a week food shopping. I'm gladly trying to avoid the world and hoping myself and my wife can avoid COVID with just the shopping trip. Definitely hoping my family is staying safe too.
I have stopped shopping in person at the grocery store and am having everything delivered. Now the only place I go to other than the studio is the gas pump and a state park once every week to two weeks. Was having some pretty hardcore anxiety about grocery shopping. Root canal level stress every time I went in those places.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
If it's not on Parler, it isn't real.

There are so many points of hypocracy one could use against Republicans, but they are immune to facts, have no memories and are well armed with wuttabouts. Not to mention they would just claim hospitalization numbers are fake or that Covid was engineered by the Chinese in cahoots with Democrats to make Trump look bad.
Or just wait until the dead start piling up in January and ask why Biden didn't do anything about it.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I have stopped shopping in person at the grocery store and am having everything delivered. Now the only place I go to other than the studio is the gas pump and a state park once every week to two weeks. Was having some pretty hardcore anxiety about grocery shopping. Root canal level stress every time I went in those places.
If it's not on Parler, it isn't real.

Or just wait until the dead start piling up in January and ask why Biden didn't do anything about it.

I mean, Trump blamed Biden for not implement ing a mask mandate back in September. That's kind of hard to wrap your head around.