Quantcast

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
And here I was hoping a glut of houses would magically come on the market next year. God works in mysterious ways.
I was actually talking about this with a friend the other day. We're both looking at aggregating a decent number of tools for our shops. I saw a thread in the woodworking forum on Reddit where somebody was talking about getting wood at discounts at estate auctions. well we were talking we both put it together at about the same time "holy shit there's going to be lots tools at auction too". And to make it even more fun, if you think about the population who tends to ignore science, it's a blue-collar Trump-supporting population.

Tldr; buy tools at estate auction. There's gonna be a glut soon.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I have stopped shopping in person at the grocery store and am having everything delivered. Now the only place I go to other than the studio is the gas pump and a state park once every week to two weeks. Was having some pretty hardcore anxiety about grocery shopping. Root canal level stress every time I went in those places.
Recently got literal root canal.

Don't believe the hype (not directed at you, more the american dental assoc). That is not something that can be done "safely"

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Recently got literal root canal.

Don't believe the hype (not directed at you, more the american dental assoc). That is not something that can be done "safely"
I’ve had three of the mutherfuckers. I would much prefer to ride a Huffy down Windrock during a tornado, have to stop mid way to fight Mike Tyson on bath salts, finish the course, marry one of the Palin twats, move into a meth cooking trailer park and start voting Republican than get another root canal.

I’ve had three of the mutherfuckers. I would much prefer to ride a Huffy down Windrock during a tornado, have to stop mid way to fight Mike Tyson on bath salts, finish the course, marry one of the Palin twats, move into a meth cooking trailer park and start voting Republican than get another root canal.
I've had a few, and while a tediously long process, it's just dental work.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
"mE iZ tUfF! yOuS iS pUsSy!"
no....they numb it and drill it out...where is the pain in that....

they offered to knock me out...i declined because then they would have to put up with me snoring...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I have reset a dislocated shoulder 4 times as well as a broken finger that was flopping around the back of my hand like it was attached with little more than a piece of scotch tape.

I can't say it hurt all that much, adrenaline is a hell of a drug. Thank God.

Now road rash from hitting a giant pothole at 25 mph, fuuuuuuuuuck

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Slapping your freezing, ungloved hands down on a rough cement road at 30kph. Good bit of knee and elbow rash to go with. Oooof.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Back to our regularly scheduled Covid shit-storm.

Saw something today that just about made my head explode.
Drove past a local Mennonite school.
All the little plague-monkeys were out at recess playing in their matching blues with straw hats and bonnets. They were climbing all over each other in what looked like a cross between tag and red-rover and the best part - not a mask to be seen. :banghead:

Fuck, humans are stupid.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Did the endodontist show you the tool that removes the root ?

not paying attention...in the happy place in the back of my brain....generally just amazed at the end it seemed like they are emptying out a storage building worth of shit out of your mouth....i didn't remember all that shit going in there...

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Dentists are mouth carpenters, prove me wrong.
some are better than others...

i have half a front tooth with a temporary cap on it that has lasted 35 years and a hole in the back of my jaw where a tooth that had had a root canal and a crown was thwarted by a snyders hard pretzel.....

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Slapping your freezing, ungloved hands down on a rough cement road at 30kph. Good bit of knee and elbow rash to go with. Oooof.
i remember my younger brother whacking me over the head with a fireplace poker....no skin break...rather visible lump...

then again our houses in texas and louisiana were on concrete slabs so my bothers and i were bouncing each others heads off concrete on the regular in our youth when being kids...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
and people think we can change course on oil consumption and global warming :rofl:

there is no momentum comparable to the stupid train of american entitlement

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
You guys really need to quit crashing.

And for fuck's sake, BRUSH YOUR GODDAM TEETH. :mad:
WTF is up with teeth anyway? It's not as if I fail to wash my hand every day it'll just fall off. It's always "oh, you aren't brushing your teeth" or "you aren't brushing your teeth enough" or "you aren't doing it right" or "you aren't flossing in between the teeth that you can't fit floss between" or some other BS.