Quantcast

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
WTF is up with teeth anyway? It's not as if I fail to wash my hand every day it'll just fall off. It's always "oh, you aren't brushing your teeth" or "you aren't brushing your teeth enough" or "you aren't doing it right" or "you aren't flossing in between the teeth that you can't fit floss between" or some other BS.
Bug not a feature :(

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
49 on Sunday. We're getting better at it. :think:

According to this, it is more like 1 in 25.6. I suspect that number will be even better late next week.

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
so it is targeting healthy people...
Have you met the eastern plains and western slopes? Those are the hospitals that are at capacity per NPR. Metro still has some capacity with how much more population density?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Have you met the eastern plains and western slopes? Those are the hospitals that are at capacity per NPR. Metro still has some capacity with how much more population density?
COS represent! :twitch:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
how would i have known that from your post...

only driven through the plains....never been to junktown or the western slope

problem is....anyone can get it....even the people who wear masks on here have gotten it.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
how would i have known that from your post...

only driven through the plains....never been to junktown or the western slope

problem is....anyone can get it....even the people who wear masks on here have gotten it.

You do realize that distancing, PPE and all the precautions just reduce your odds of getting it?

King of like playing russian roulette with one bullet vs five.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
You do realize that distancing, PPE and all the precautions just reduce your odds of getting it?

I'd flip that to state so that being surrounded by people not being sensible greatly increases your risk no matter what you do.

Reduce the odds, and, if one contracts the infection, reduce the severity.

Some here have gotten the virus, and their shared experience has been helpful.

Like the rest of life, whining does not help...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

Funny how many people that fact is lost on. As if masks not being 100% effective somehow invalidates their usage.

Same crowd that crows gun control isn't effective because it won't prevent all mass shootings. But I digress.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Funny how many people that fact is lost on. As if masks not being 100% effective somehow invalidates their usage.

Same crowd that crows gun control isn't effective because it won't prevent all mass shootings. But I digress.
Cherry pick one data point an assume a binary system and you can always get the answer you want to get.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
so it is targeting healthy people...
"targeting"

No the problem is that young people are fucking selfish morons. This idiot thinks he's infected, yet is still going out, buying gas, driving, probably stopping at convenience stores, and 'doesn't know the protocol' despite 9 months of very publicly refining exactly that. He lives at least 30-40 minutes from a hill so he's also risking the driving to infect an EMT somewhere.

All this for a shitty snowpack right now that still hasn't really even filled in.

This is why we can't have nice things.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
"targeting"

No the problem is that young people are fucking selfish morons. This idiot thinks he's infected, yet is still going out, buying gas, driving, probably stopping at convenience stores, and 'doesn't know the protocol' despite 9 months of very publicly refining exactly that. He lives at least 30-40 minutes from a hill so he's also risking the driving to infect an EMT somewhere.

All this for a shitty snowpack right now that still hasn't really even filled in.

This is why we can't have nice things.
Here people have first gone to take a test because they were exposed to a person confirmed to have Covid and, while waiting for the results, went dining and drinking in town. :banghead:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

my ocd meter has been pegged in the red since march...

that and alcohol consumption for a stretch....

so....

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Anybody know where I can get a good deal on a lightly used flamethrower ? Just occurred to me that if I’m hiking with weight for training purposes then perhaps I would get more use out of one than my actual backpacking gear.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Anybody know where I can get a good deal on a lightly used flamethrower ? Just occurred to me that if I’m hiking with weight for training purposes then perhaps I would get more use out of one than my actual backpacking gear.

I can show you how to make one. Just need some large diameter PVC pipe and a pressure washer wand.