Quantcast

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Got a medical question? Ask Dr. Trump!

Do you have a nagging medical concern? A rash that won’t go away? Unexplained hearing loss? Are you currently bleeding out from a severed femoral artery?

Well, fret no more. America now has a leading medical expert — some say the best — who will dispense diagnoses and prognoses to all — for free! This bold new telemedicine initiative, “Ask Dr. Trump,” will be offered on an unpredictable but highly frequent basis to all Americans (whether they like it or not).

Dr. Donald J. Trump, of course, is the pioneering scientist who first determined that climate change is a hoax and, more recently, discovered that windmills cause cancer. In between, he proved that forest fires could be contained by “raking” and identified a previously unrecognized tropical cyclone pattern targeting Alabama.

Dr. Trump acquired what he calls “a natural instinct for science” not through formal education but because “my uncle was a great professor at MIT for many years.” Sadly, the elder Trump didn’t live to see his nephew’s greatest discoveries in the medical field: The flu shot is basically “injecting bad stuff into your body” and exercise can shorten your life. Dr. Trump used his instinctive grasp of medicine to become “the healthiest individual ever elected to the presidency” with an innate life expectancy of 200 years.

To the relief of millions, this extremely stable genius has turned to the challenge of solving the novel coronavirus, or as Dr. Trump spells it in the Latin, “Caronavirus.” Early on in the outbreak, Dr. Trump was among the first to determine that the virus “miraculously goes away” in April. Dr. Trump’s pathbreaking epidemiology enabled him to determine that the World Health Organization’s report that 3.4 percent of “reported” cases of the virus have died is a “false number.” Trump’s research, based extensively on “my hunch,” puts the true figure at “way under 1 percent.”

Related research by Dr. Trump found spread of the virus is not “inevitable,” that cases in the United States are “going very substantially down” — and that they “are all getting better.” This informed Dr. Trump’s reclassification of the coronavirus as a “new hoax” by Democrats — though he later clarified that the illness itself was not the hoax, only Democrats’ attempts to blame him.

In fact, Dr. Trump’s DNA research has determined that neither he nor bats nor pangolins caused the virus’s spread but rather President Barack Obama. “The Obama administration made a decision on testing that turned out to be very detrimental to what we’re doing,” Trump disclosed, a finding that eluded experts.

Given the reduced virulence that Dr. Trump discovered, he concluded there could be “hundreds of thousands of people that get better just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work” — though he “NEVER said people that are feeling sick should go to work.” But even if they did, Dr. Trump’s pharmaceutical advances have put us “very close to a vaccine,” within “months” — about a year ahead of other experts’ forecasts.

This breakthrough is possible because while other medical authorities have classified coronavirus as “novel,” Dr. Trump has determined that “this is a flu” and he renamed it the “corona flu.” Therefore he suspects that “a solid flu vaccine” would have efficacy, and “we’ll essentially have a flu shot for this.”

“I really get it,” Dr. Trump said while visiting the Centers for Disease Control Friday, again crediting his “super-genius” uncle. “Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability.”

Now that Dr. Trump has beaten the virus and sent the sick back to work, it would be a tragedy to waste his medical expertise. Hence, the demand for an “Ask Dr. Trump” column, which should go something like this:

A reader asks: Dr. Trump, the left side of my body has gone numb and immobile. What should I do?

Dr. Trump replies: If you are healthy, you will probably go through a process and you’ll be fine.

A reader asks: Dr. Trump, I am experiencing chest pains and shortness of breath. Should I call 911?

Dr. Trump replies: It’s very seasonal. It’s like a flu. And it is a little bit different, but in some ways it’s easier and in some ways it’s a little bit tougher. But we have it so well under control.

A reader asks: Dr. Trump, my mother is in a persistent vegetative state. Should I continue life support?

Dr. Trump replies: That’s a problem that’s going to go away. People get better just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work.

A reader asks: Dr. Trump, we’ve got a mass casualty situation at the ER. Can you advise us on triage?

Dr. Trump replies: When somebody sneezes — I mean, I try to bail out as much as possible. Hey — did you get a flu shot?

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
So here's a theoretical question (not even asking for a friend): how does self-isolation work? could you stay at home with your family if they continued going to work/school? Could you grab a tent and go live in the woods for two weeks? Could you order shit on Amazon/takeout food and have them leave it at your door?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
So here's a theoretical question (not even asking for a friend): how does self-isolation work? could you stay at home with your family if they continued going to work/school? Could you grab a tent and go live in the woods for two weeks? Could you order shit on Amazon/takeout food and have them leave it at your door?
if it reaches that point it's really only essential functions that will be reporting to work locations

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Goddam Canadians... :disgust1:

:D

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Got a medical question? Ask Dr. Trump!

Do you have a nagging medical concern? A rash that won’t go away? Unexplained hearing loss? Are you currently bleeding out from a severed femoral artery?

Well, fret no more. America now has a leading medical expert — some say the best — who will dispense diagnoses and prognoses to all — for free! This bold new telemedicine initiative, “Ask Dr. Trump,” will be offered on an unpredictable but highly frequent basis to all Americans (whether they like it or not).

Dr. Donald J. Trump, of course, is the pioneering scientist who first determined that climate change is a hoax and, more recently, discovered that windmills cause cancer. In between, he proved that forest fires could be contained by “raking” and identified a previously unrecognized tropical cyclone pattern targeting Alabama.

Dr. Trump acquired what he calls “a natural instinct for science” not through formal education but because “my uncle was a great professor at MIT for many years.” Sadly, the elder Trump didn’t live to see his nephew’s greatest discoveries in the medical field: The flu shot is basically “injecting bad stuff into your body” and exercise can shorten your life. Dr. Trump used his instinctive grasp of medicine to become “the healthiest individual ever elected to the presidency” with an innate life expectancy of 200 years.

To the relief of millions, this extremely stable genius has turned to the challenge of solving the novel coronavirus, or as Dr. Trump spells it in the Latin, “Caronavirus.” Early on in the outbreak, Dr. Trump was among the first to determine that the virus “miraculously goes away” in April. Dr. Trump’s pathbreaking epidemiology enabled him to determine that the World Health Organization’s report that 3.4 percent of “reported” cases of the virus have died is a “false number.” Trump’s research, based extensively on “my hunch,” puts the true figure at “way under 1 percent.”

Related research by Dr. Trump found spread of the virus is not “inevitable,” that cases in the United States are “going very substantially down” — and that they “are all getting better.” This informed Dr. Trump’s reclassification of the coronavirus as a “new hoax” by Democrats — though he later clarified that the illness itself was not the hoax, only Democrats’ attempts to blame him.

In fact, Dr. Trump’s DNA research has determined that neither he nor bats nor pangolins caused the virus’s spread but rather President Barack Obama. “The Obama administration made a decision on testing that turned out to be very detrimental to what we’re doing,” Trump disclosed, a finding that eluded experts.

Given the reduced virulence that Dr. Trump discovered, he concluded there could be “hundreds of thousands of people that get better just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work” — though he “NEVER said people that are feeling sick should go to work.” But even if they did, Dr. Trump’s pharmaceutical advances have put us “very close to a vaccine,” within “months” — about a year ahead of other experts’ forecasts.

This breakthrough is possible because while other medical authorities have classified coronavirus as “novel,” Dr. Trump has determined that “this is a flu” and he renamed it the “corona flu.” Therefore he suspects that “a solid flu vaccine” would have efficacy, and “we’ll essentially have a flu shot for this.”

“I really get it,” Dr. Trump said while visiting the Centers for Disease Control Friday, again crediting his “super-genius” uncle. “Every one of these doctors said, ‘How do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability.”

Now that Dr. Trump has beaten the virus and sent the sick back to work, it would be a tragedy to waste his medical expertise. Hence, the demand for an “Ask Dr. Trump” column, which should go something like this:

A reader asks: Dr. Trump, the left side of my body has gone numb and immobile. What should I do?

Dr. Trump replies: If you are healthy, you will probably go through a process and you’ll be fine.

A reader asks: Dr. Trump, I am experiencing chest pains and shortness of breath. Should I call 911?

Dr. Trump replies: It’s very seasonal. It’s like a flu. And it is a little bit different, but in some ways it’s easier and in some ways it’s a little bit tougher. But we have it so well under control.

A reader asks: Dr. Trump, my mother is in a persistent vegetative state. Should I continue life support?

Dr. Trump replies: That’s a problem that’s going to go away. People get better just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work.

A reader asks: Dr. Trump, we’ve got a mass casualty situation at the ER. Can you advise us on triage?

Dr. Trump replies: When somebody sneezes — I mean, I try to bail out as much as possible. Hey — did you get a flu shot?
Who knew the US would decay so quickly? It's been fraying around the edges ever since I was born, but the rot is much deeper than even my pessimistic ass could have imagined.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Ha, that link led me to this: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/health-professionals/public-health-measures-mitigate-covid-19.html

Isolation is recommended for a symptomatic individual that is suspected of having, or known to have, COVID-19. They are directed by PHA to isolate themselves in the home-setting and avoid contact with others until PHA has advised that they are no longer considered contagious. Isolation includes:
  • Not going out of the home setting. This includes school, work, or other public areas
  • Not using public transportation (e.g. buses, subways, taxis)
  • Identifying a "buddy" to check on and do errands for each another, especially for those who live alone or at high risk for developing complications.Footnote1
  • Having supplies delivered home instead of running errands (supplies should be left on the front door or at least a 2 metre distance maintained between people)
  • If leaving the home setting cannot be avoided (e.g. to go to a medical appointment), wear a mask (if not available, cover mouth and nose with tissues) and maintain a 2 metre distance from others. The health care facility should be informed in advance that the person may be infectious.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Working tonight and the next two. I'm pretty meticulous about my PPE with ISO patients, but will be even more so with this. I'd still rather come down with this than shingles or ebolaids.

Plus that whole not spreading it around thing.

Maybe on the way in tonight with my scrubs and name tag on I'll go hang out in the Stop & Shop produce aisle while coughing and sneezing. Cheap entertainment!

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
My company still forging ahead, I'm supposed to be flying to a stupid group training meeting next week...

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
I probably should have added this earlier, my sister got back from Bali a week ago. I work with her everyday. Im gunna go cough on some boomers.

Also Tecate beer is the best mexican lager.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Seattle Public Schools on 2 week shutdown starting tomorrow.

I heard 3rd hand that Denver Public Schools is going to announce such a shutdown in the near future as well.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I bought a 1.5l bottle of Tanqueray last night in case things get desperate. I should get some cheap vodka as a hand sanitizer, too.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Wow Denmark is really closing down now after we have seen a huge rise in new cases the last couple of days. All schools closing for the next two week and people who can will work from home.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Optional WFH policy now established at work. Going to office anyway because I like to live dangerously and love the food options in downtown Boston. :busted:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
So basically we're fucked.

Maybe I'll survive and be able to head back to Europe one day.