Quantcast

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Punishment for assault with a biological agent is up to 20 years in prison with a $10,000 fine.

I'd take the beat down and say thank you.
Friend/riding buddy is a cop in the town where it happened. One of the people dude spit on was related to someone in the PD there....

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Coworker says his family has come down with the flu. He traveled for Thanksgiving.

CDC rating for the flu is currently 'minimal', their lowest rating.

Yeah bro, your family caught the flu.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I posted it a week ago but we have seen 0 flu cases. And a ton of COVID. Close to 500 hospitalized in my system now.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
I posted it a week ago but we have seen 0 flu cases. And a ton of COVID. Close to 500 hospitalized in my system now.
Not sure on my overall system, but my particular hospital is @ near sixty last I saw. Eight in my ICU at the moment, and we only have twenty beds.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
View attachment 153067

Like why isn’t donnie being dragged through the streets in chains?
Well, two things really.

1. Americans are, if it isn't abundantly clear yet, an incredibly selfish lot unwillingly to suffer the smallest of inconveniences in the off chance it will save the life(s) of someone else. Combine this with the disturbingly high percentage of people who are unable or unwilling to parse the often times overwhelming, unclear, and conflicting information regarding what how we personally should be responding, and you have the foundation for a disaster.

2. Our government has no social safety net in place to allow or incentivize people to just stay home for a bit. Therefore, we get the worst of both worlds, a lackluster economic recovery (don't be fooled by the record high stock market, it's fat on government stimulus) and a virus that continues to rage out of control. It should come as no surprise that those calling the shots are the least likely to suffer any ill-effects from it.

Remember that 70M people still voted for Trump as recently as 1 month ago, in spite of the United States' embarrassing failures to address the Covid-19 pandemic. For slightly less than half of the country, the skyrocketing body count and continued ravaging are exactly what they voted for; its emblematic of our unique brand of rugged individualism, small government fantasies, boot straps, and mental derangement about being God's favorite.

Not only will Trump not be dragged through the streets in chains, literally or metaphorically via legal ramifications, he is still diefied by a bunch of flag waving, red hat wearing lunatics who spout off about forsaking false Gods without realizing they've created their own.

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Well, two things really.

1. Americans are, if it isn't abundantly clear yet, an incredibly selfish lot unwillingly to suffer the smallest of inconveniences in the off chance it will save the life(s) of someone else. Combine this with the disturbingly high percentage of people who are unable or unwilling to parse the often times overwhelming, unclear, and conflicting information regarding what how we personally should be responding, and you have the foundation for a disaster.

2. Our government has no social safety net in place to allow or incentive people to just stay home for a bit. Therefore, we get the worst of both worlds, a lackluster economic recovery (don't be fooled by the record high stock market, it's fat on government stimulus) and a virus that continues to rage our of control. It should come as no surprise that those calling the shots are the least likely to suffer any ill-effects from it.

Remember that 70M people still voted for Trump as recently as 1 month ago, in spite of the United States' embarrassing failures to address the Covid-19 pandemic. For slightly less than half of the country, the skyrocketing body count and continued ravaging are exactly what they voted for; its emblematic of our unique brand of rugged individualism, small government fantasies, boot straps, and mental derangement about being God's favorite.

Not only will Trump not being dragged through the streets in chains, literally or metaphorically via legal ramifications, he is still diefied by a bunch of flag waving, red hat wearing lunatics who spout off about forsaking false Gods without realizing they've created their own.
"The cruelty is the point."

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I was surprised to learn that 1/3 of canaderpians are hesitant, or will not get the vaccine.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
just some random fucking post on FB. maybe i should start cheering for the virus.
Random survey on local news this morning asking what did people think of Biden's plan to ask for 100 days of national mask wearing once he's got the job proper.

32% of respondents said it went too far...

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Random survey on local news this morning asking what did people think of Biden's plan to ask for 100 days of national mask wearing once he's got the job proper.

2,879 deaths on Thursday and people don't want to wear a fucking mask. I hope they all get it.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
just some random fucking post on FB. maybe i should start cheering for the virus.
You know, I stopped logging in to FB a couple-tree months ago and I'm way happier. I miss a few things "in real time" but eventually find out about them when someone calls or texts, but mostly I don't miss it. Thanks for validating my decision here, friend.

As far as cheering for the virus goes... the problem with this virus is that it's just not killing the people the planet would most benefit from being dead. Granted, the planet would be better off with all of us dead... but if the people actively denying and working against shit like climate change, wearing a fucking mask, etc. could be gone already it'd be a start.

If this was April 2020, I wouldn't even bat an eye at a 100 day national mask mandate. Given that his term doesn't start until the end of January and multiple vaccines should be coming into mass availability I think 100 days out of the gate might not be necessary. If vaccines are widely available or soon will be by late January, then maybe set a mask mandate for 30 days, ramp up testing and contact tracing, and re-evaluate every 30 days? Fuck yeah I'm into that. Y'all might flame the crap out of me for this, and that's fine.

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
You know, I stopped logging in to FB a couple-tree months ago and I'm way happier. I miss a few things "in real time" but eventually find out about them when someone calls or texts, but mostly I don't miss it. Thanks for validating my decision here, friend.

As far as cheering for the virus goes... the problem with this virus is that it's just not killing the people the planet would most benefit from being dead. Granted, the planet would be better off with all of us dead... but if the people actively denying and working against shit like climate change, wearing a fucking mask, etc. could be gone already it'd be a start.

If this was April 2020, I wouldn't even bat an eye at a 100 day national mask mandate. Given that his term doesn't start until the end of January and multiple vaccines should be coming into mass availability I think 100 days out of the gate might not be necessary. If vaccines are widely available or soon will be by late January, then maybe set a mask mandate for 30 days, ramp up testing and contact tracing, and re-evaluate every 30 days? Fuck yeah I'm into that. Y'all might flame the crap out of me for this, and that's fine.
If I were Biden, I'd create a 100 day mandate just to show everyone whose in charge. Big dick Joe is in office now and I'm not putting up with your selfish, childish bullshit.

Probably also why I'll never be the one in charge.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Zeynep Tukfeci has done an incredible job at offering up scientifically sound but still accessible information during the pandemic. That Korean study is quite scary considering the indoorsy season up ahead.

Let's not forget to give credit to Steak-umm

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
If I were Biden, I'd create a 100 day mandate just to show everyone whose in charge. Big dick Joe is in office now and I'm not putting up with your selfish, childish bullshit.

Probably also why I'll never be the one in charge.
Without the ability to enforce it, why bother? Those who are willing to "comply" are already wearing masks and likely will for well more than 100 days after Biden's inaguration, those who aren't wearing them today don't give a single fuck about any mandate. All this does is give the herp-derp crowd something to be riled up about, and does nothing to establish Biden as any sort of authority.

Ca is in the same dumbass situation, new "lockdowns" that honestly don't really change anything, but zero enforcement so even the slight restrictions that are new with the lockdown are irrelevant. All it does is undermine public trust in our officials, especially when they don't exactly follow their own rules and advice. People who don't feel like listening to Newsom or Garcetti simply don't. It's shown that they hold no real power whatsoever.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Without the ability to enforce it, why bother? Those who are willing to "comply" are already wearing masks and likely will for well more than 100 days after Biden's inaguration, those who aren't wearing them today don't give a single fuck about any mandate. All this does is give the herp-derp crowd something to be riled up about, and does nothing to establish Biden as any sort of authority.

Ca is in the same dumbass situation, new "lockdowns" that honestly don't really change anything, but zero enforcement so even the slight restrictions that are new with the lockdown are irrelevant. All it does is undermine public trust in our officials, especially when they don't exactly follow their own rules and advice. People who don't feel like listening to Newsom or Garcetti simply don't. It's shown that they hold no real power whatsoever.
A lot of stuff is done so that if there's an issue, you can go back and charge people. Those are not intended to be enforced. Like the people who tried to board a flight in Hawaii that were infected, now they can be charged for not quarantining according to health mandates, even though no one is knocking on doors to see whether or not the are quarantining.

But this 100 day thing...,yeah, that would need enforcement. Otherwise it wouldn't be effective and there would be no end of people trying to make it fail just for the purpose of trying to make it fail.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

That was mostly in jest, as I realize mandates are not law and thus have little teeth.

On the flip side, not wearing one makes you more susceptible to contracting the virus and dying, so perhaps it's a somewhat self-solving problem, minus the collateral damage.