Quantcast

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
32% of respondents said a REQUEST (not a mandate?) to wear masks went too far?

32% of respondents are TOTAL FUCKING DOLTS, apparently. :disgust: :mad:
Nah man, they're just human doing human things really. This article below better gets to the point I was trying to make earlier... that asking people if they'd abide a 100-day mask request/mandate is a fool's errand and that a better approach to take is something more thought-out, and that outlines a path to success rather than just limiting people's behavior. Of course @jonKranked complete missed the point I was doing a shitty job of trying to make and focused on the whole "when are vaccines going to be available" part of that which (in my head) wasn't the point. :D

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Nah man, they're just human doing human things really. This article below better gets to the point I was trying to make earlier... that asking people if they'd abide a 100-day mask request/mandate is a fool's errand and that a better approach to take is something more thought-out, and that outlines a path to success rather than just limiting people's behavior. Of course @jonKranked complete missed the point I was doing a shitty job of trying to make and focused on the whole "when are vaccines going to be available" part of that which (in my head) wasn't the point. :D

My point was simply from the perspective of someone who has experience in these kinds of industries (pharma & med). A vaccine isn't like a consumer product. They don't just have a product launch then you go stand in line for it like it's an iphone.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
My point was simply from the perspective of someone who has experience in these kinds of industries (pharma & med). A vaccine isn't like a consumer product. They don't just have a product launch then you go stand in line for it like it's an iphone.
I saw a comment recently about how vaccines were like baking cookies - every batch is different and you never know what you're going to get.

Pretty sure it was one of those Macedonian teenagers... :rofl:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I saw a comment recently about how vaccines were like baking cookies - every batch is different and you never know what you're going to get.

Pretty sure it was one of those Macedonian teenagers... :rofl:
Since a vaccine really needs to pretty much do exactly what it's supposed to do 100% of the time, this sounds like some grade AAA+ horse hockey to me. Some fuckin' tin-foil hat anti-vaxxer conspiracy bullshit if I've ever heard it.

PS - nice avatar, schmuck.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Since a vaccine really needs to pretty much do exactly what it's supposed to do 100% of the time, this sounds like some grade AAA+ horse hockey to me. Some fuckin' tin-foil hat anti-vaxxer conspiracy bullshit if I've ever heard it.
Yeah - it was not a thread full of very bright comments...

PS - nice avatar, schmuck.
Stole it from some asshole. :homer:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
You know, I stopped logging in to FB a couple-tree months ago and I'm way happier. I miss a few things "in real time" but eventually find out about them when someone calls or texts, but mostly I don't miss it. Thanks for validating my decision here, friend.

As far as cheering for the virus goes... the problem with this virus is that it's just not killing the people the planet would most benefit from being dead. Granted, the planet would be better off with all of us dead... but if the people actively denying and working against shit like climate change, wearing a fucking mask, etc. could be gone already it'd be a start.

If this was April 2020, I wouldn't even bat an eye at a 100 day national mask mandate. Given that his term doesn't start until the end of January and multiple vaccines should be coming into mass availability I think 100 days out of the gate might not be necessary. If vaccines are widely available or soon will be by late January, then maybe set a mask mandate for 30 days, ramp up testing and contact tracing, and re-evaluate every 30 days? Fuck yeah I'm into that. Y'all might flame the crap out of me for this, and that's fine.
Look up how long the current vaccines take to kick in and remember how good y’all were at arranging testing. Revise timeline accordingly.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
And now, I wait.

Financée was informed this morning that one of the patient's she's been caring for the last two days (Thursday and Friday) tested positive for COVID. She said that she's been highly exposed, because he was hacking everywhere. So, I cancelled ski plans with Nick today, and cancelled a tour with a buddy tomorrow. Gonna keep myself 100% isolated for the foreseeable... I mean as much as I can since the hospital didn't send her home. I also have no idea if they plan on testing her or not? These two things are equal parts annoying and confusing. I guess there's a chance she did not contract it, and if she did get it there's a chance that I won't. But I'd have to think both of those chances are pretty slim.

Who wants to place bets on when I have symptoms show up?

velocipedist

Lubrication Sensei
Jul 11, 2006
Rainbow City Alabama
Average incubation period is 6~7 days.

You could be asymptomatic, so wait a week and get a molecular pcr viral swab, antigen tests can give same day results, but have a higher rate of false negatives.

I would hope/assume the hospital will test her in a week, any earlier and there might not be sufficient viral load to detect.

Stay sane, as safe is relative these days.

And now, I wait.

Financée was informed this morning that one of the patient's she's been caring for the last two days (Thursday and Friday) tested positive for COVID. She said that she's been highly exposed, because he was hacking everywhere. So, I cancelled ski plans with Nick today, and cancelled a tour with a buddy tomorrow. Gonna keep myself 100% isolated for the foreseeable... I mean as much as I can since the hospital didn't send her home. I also have no idea if they plan on testing her or not? These two things are equal parts annoying and confusing. I guess there's a chance she did not contract it, and if she did get it there's a chance that I won't. But I'd have to think both of those chances are pretty slim.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Average incubation period is 6~7 days.

You could be asymptomatic, so wait a week and get a molecular pcr viral swab, antigen tests can give same day results, but have a higher rate of false negatives.

I would hope/assume the hospital will test her in a week, any earlier and there might not be sufficient viral load to detect.

Stay sane, as safe is relative these days.
Currently waffling between getting a test on Friday 12/11 and just waiting it out in quarantine for 14-20 days and seeing what happens. That said, I kinda wanna know for sure... especially if I end up being asymptomatic but positive. If I develop symptoms this coming week, then yeah I'll pretty much know for certain. But if I don't? Still a lot of people out there with really mild or no symptoms.

velocipedist

Lubrication Sensei
Jul 11, 2006
Rainbow City Alabama
Your reasoning is solid, and precisely why you should get tested on the 11~12th.

That way quarantine should be less of a stresser.

I tried to reason to no avail with my old company that testing me the day or day after I return from travel only proves I was negative before I left. The doctor confirmed my suspicions.

Currently waffling between getting a test on Friday 12/11 and just waiting it out in quarantine for 14-20 days and seeing what happens. That said, I kinda wanna know for sure... especially if I end up being asymptomatic but positive. If I develop symptoms this coming week, then yeah I'll pretty much know for certain. But if I don't? Still a lot of people out there with really mild or no symptoms.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Looking like the USA will hit 300,000 dead maybe 3-4 days before Christmas.
21k to go and you had 2700 new deaths today.
Looks like I'll have to revise those dates to a bit sooner then...... You lil overacheivers you!
ONLY 12,175 TO GO!......
GO 'MERICA
GO 'MERICA
GO 'MERICA
WOOOOOooooooooo

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Abject Look of Contempt seems to be buffered by wearing a mask. I will work this out. Somehow.
I don't know. I've gotten pretty good at giving people a look, even with mask on, that gets them to pull up their masks. Maybe it's just wookie + contempt for your life + "chinga tu MAGA pinche pendejo" mask that works? Or my ever favorite while walking past with Hannah, "good job for wearing your mask right. We'll get you a piece of candy for being a big girl when we get home" :rofl:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
And now, I wait.

I'm glad we didn't go up yesterday. Haley was coughing worse this am and when I told her to go downstairs to get food from the freezer, she was really winded then she came back up - worse than yesterday.

We got back the girls' results this am but I can't get into the Children's website to confirm anything, so at home we stay... Glad we had to throw away a ton of food.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Trump always trying to take credit for good news...

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
· 5h
.@RudyGiuliani, by far the greatest mayor in the history of NYC, and who has been working tirelessly exposing the most corrupt election (by far!) in the history of the USA, has tested positive for the China Virus. Get better soon Rudy, we will carry on!!!

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado