Quantcast

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I have been going to the grocery store later in the evening. Things get pretty weird in there at night. Correction, really fucking weird.
When I worked nights I'd go grocery shopping at 2 or 3 in the morning. Usually it was pretty quiet, but every once in a while, it could get awfully strange.

I miss Portland. :(

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
How are they going to enforce some of this? It seems far fetched.

And I get that its a pandemic, but I still don't understand how restricting business hours and whatnot is actually going to help or improve things?

The whole goal is to spread people out and reduce gatherings and whatnot. But here they are cranking down on business hours and stuff - so now you'll have people GATHERING around being lined up outside, trying to get shit down before closing. Okay......
We had that problem.
Gvmt enacted a strict curfew and supermarkets/banks were restricted to 4-5 hours a day at the beginning of the pandemic.

Worst decision ever.
Lines were 3-4 blocks long, and once inside, lines to the cashier were 40 people long.
Grocery shopping took 2-3 hours at least, indoors and packed.

Many blamed this (along other meassures) to Peru having one of worst increases of deaths per millions in the world).
Reducing the number of people inside a building and PPEs/free alcohol to spray in hands works much better I think.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Lockdown extended to Feb. 7. Yay!
We have reducing numbers of infections, but they really fear the British strain. Instead of going nuts they should just enforce people wearing real masks and not only these face shields or scarfs. Seen too many of those in the grocery store lately.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
So, what's the verdict at the moment for the mutations, especially the so called britisch mutation B.1.1.7?
I read an interview with a Swiss epidemiologist and they seem rather concerned about this one. It seems to have spiked significantly the infection rates in Ireland.

1610617402577.png

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
So, what's the verdict at the moment for the mutations, especially the so called britisch mutation B.1.1.7?
I read an interview with a Swiss epidemiologist and they seem rather concerned about this one. It seems to have spiked significantly the infection rates in Ireland.

View attachment 155075
More contagious

Right about the time everyone's getting covid fatigue and ignoring restrictions even more than they were before?

What could go wrong!

I can't wait to find out how many variants are spewing around the US. Knowing our american exceptionalism and how good we are at failing, I'm betting there's a variant going around right now that turns you into a catfish. The ground for mutation has been that fertile.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
And another person I know got a covid shot. A bike shop owner who volunteers in a local rescue organization in an administrator role. Doesn't go on calls, doesn't have to do any face to face interactions.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
herd inmunity lasts 2-3 months at best.
We are at 1 deaths per 300 people (average for the general population) and just starting the 2nd wave here.

Got a new curfew and partial lockdown starting tomorrow. We will probably end with 1 out 200 dead by the time vaccines start working.

Atomic Dog

doesn't have a custom title yet.
Oct 22, 2002
In the basement at Weekly World News
Well fuck. I just got word that my Uncle managed to catch it from someone at his work. He was admitted to the hospital last week and this morning they moved him to the ICU. He's one of the damn deniers who it appears will have to learn the hard way that he was wrong.

Stay safe, people.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
herd inmunity lasts 2-3 months at best.
We are at 1 deaths per 300 people (average for the general population) and just starting the 2nd wave here.

Got a new curfew and partial lockdown starting tomorrow. We will probably end with 1 out 200 dead by the time vaccines start working.
I am guessing I won’t be using the tickets to Lima I have booked for March 26th...:(:(:(

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Great! Now Pfizer/Biontech can't deliver the promised number of shots to the EU in the next weeks because of "ramping up production". WTF?

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
So it turns out there is no Pfizer Vaccine reserve. They claim it was already distributed. I'm willing to bet it never existed. They never bought it from Pfizer in the first place. The funds were probably repurposed: into pet projects, Back Pockets, illegal operations....anything but on the Vaccine

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
So it turns out there is no Pfizer Vaccine reserve. They claim it was already distributed. I'm willing to bet it never existed. They never bought it from Pfizer in the first place. The funds were probably repurposed: into pet projects, Back Pockets, illegal operations....anything but on the Vaccine
Yeah, think I read that somewhere...like a few posts above, maybe...

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Great! Now Pfizer/Biontech can't deliver the promised number of shots to the EU in the next weeks because of "ramping up production". WTF?
Not really related, but if you needed another indicator of how messed up the world is currently. There are two buildings in Mainz that have permanent police protection:
the Biontech factory and the synagogue.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Not really related, but if you needed another indicator of how messed up the world is currently. There are two buildings in Mainz that have permanent police protection:
the Biontech factory and the synagogue.
And Israel has the highest vaccination rate at the moment....mmmh....there must be a connection... :think: ;)
Someone tell the QAnon folks. :D