Quantcast

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I’m probably poop decking myself but recently a kid fell off the local hill where I train for hiking. There were pics in the news of dozens of first responders up there working to rescue him. Not a mask in sight. Not the Emts, not the cops, not the firefighters, not the rangers and definitely not any other park visitors.

The area is solidly in Trump land with numerous confederate flags along the way.

A recent study or poll revealed that half of republican males will not get vaccinated.

Yeah, we do have a special kind of Freedom on this side of the pond.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Even after my deployments and actually getting all 4 anthrax vaccines and other oddities injected into my posterior I seriously doubt a flu vaccine will hurt me at this point.
Some of us are blessed with strong livers. I was shocked when my labs came back after I quit drinking. Twenty years with the last fifteen drinking everyday I was sure I’d have some liver damage. But it was fine. Good thing too because the amount of NSAIDs I had to consume during Gout flare ups would probably kill a horse.

I don’t get too worried about drug warnings anymore.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Some of us are blessed with strong livers. I was shocked when my labs came back after I quit drinking. Twenty years with the last fifteen drinking everyday I was sure I’d have some liver damage. But it was fine. Good thing too because the amount of NSAIDs I had to consume during Gout flare ups would probably kill a horse.

I don’t get too worried about drug warnings anymore.
When I had a bunch of blood work done last year for a suspected Lyme reoccurrence (or something else), they had to have me retested as my liver function numbers didn't seem to make sense. Turns out, I actually have damaged my liver from alcohol, and it was highly recommended to greatly reduce drinking, or better yet quit altogether.

That was a fucking eye opening experience....

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
You're eligible in WY? Nice.

Colorado just started Phase 1B.3 today which opens it up to 60+ folks, essential frontline food production workers (agriculture, meatpacking, agricultural processing and grocery workers), and then people 16-59 with 2 or more high risk conditions. And then we're 2-3 weeks out from Phase 1B.4 (who TF named this nonsense?) which will catch 50+ people, younger people with only one high risk condition, and a slew of other vocations with a frontline element to them.

Might be hopefully looking at general population Phase 2 people starting in May? The J&J vaccine will probably bump that timeline up significantly.

At any rate... @Nick and @SkaredShtles and any of you other 50+ codgers should get prepared to get stuck in a few weeks from now.
Colorado will move to Phase 1B.4 on March 19 at 3pm

COVID In Colorado: Mass Vaccination Sites Are The Goal As Next Vaccine Phase Approaches

This is a couple-tree days earlier than a date I had read a couple weeks ago. This opens up legit eligibility for vaccination to a bunch of groups, with half of the CO population included once this phase gets underway. So like I said before... @Nick and @SkaredShtles get ready my dudes!

This follows his press conference on Friday where he announced that COVID-19 vaccines will be available for the general public starting in mid-April. He also said people in Phase 1B.4 would be eligible for a vaccine starting March 19, moving the date up by two days. It also means half of Coloradans will be eligible for the vaccine once Phase 1B.4 goes into effect.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
In the URL, so maybe nota thing. But also, not the point. Go get vaccinated, dammit! I’d bet you can start calling around to get an appt now. If I were a couple years older, I sure would be.
I have a plan and a backup plan, and I'm already scouting for leftovers every afternoon at pharmacies. I want my vax.
that said, I read the article and didn't see any mention of a time (other than in your link title), hence my question.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I have a plan and a backup plan, and I'm already scouting for leftovers every afternoon at pharmacies. I want my vax.
that said, I read the article and didn't see any mention of a time (other than in your link title), hence my question.
Right on. Yeah, the time is mentioned in the URL of the article... but not mentioned in the article itself. Weird.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Vaccination round 1 complete. I was able to get on a list at the pharmacy for left over doses at the end of the day. Showed up after 7pm, did some grocery shopping. Carry on.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Vaccination round 1 complete. I was able to get on a list at the pharmacy for left over doses at the end of the day. Showed up after 7pm, did some grocery shopping. Carry on.
How did you sign up?

I am guessing there may not be as high a demand in your neck of the woods.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Our age group opens up for scheduling tomorrow, but Wife found a website that opened it early, so I am now scheduled for microchipping dose #1 next Saturday. 'Bout fuckin time.
I have a list of 5 places, and getting up at 11:59pm to try and get an appt for Friday. Registrations start Friday here.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I have a list of 5 places, and getting up at 11:59pm to try and get an appt for Friday. Registrations start Friday here.
Good luck! This was Wife's plan too, but she was just checking this morning and was surprised to find a place that opened it early. She will still try to book something earlier and does not require a 90 minute round trip drive.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Good luck! This was Wife's plan too, but she was just checking this morning and was surprised to find a place that opened it early. She will still try to book something earlier and does not require a 90 minute round trip drive.
Yeah - Nick's (and soon *mine*) age group opens up soon... I ain't drivin' all over hell's half acre for a shot, though... I'll get once locally when I can get an appt.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
"Give me convenience or give me death"?
TBH, I'm getting so used to never interacting with anyone except the staff at the liquor store about once every 60 days that I figure a couple weeks of waiting is worth more than driving all over hell's half acre. :D

Although... the kid is supposed to go back to full in-person after Spring Break. Perhaps I shall have to modify my attitude.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Someone who works for me has been sick since Thursday and still not feeling great. He's never been the healthiest individual and probably carries 80+lb too much weight. Hoping he pulls through.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Even if I stretch the truth and claim mild asthma (kind of true), autoimmune disorder (true), Hypertension (kind of true, white coat syndrome), Manufacturing job (True), I don't even meet a defined category for Washington state. Will be defined in May.

Signed up for this service though, which could help snipe a leftover dose, but they will still prioritize via state regulations so I don't have a lot of confidence it will get me anywhere.

Atomic Dog

doesn't have a custom title yet.
Oct 22, 2002
In the basement at Weekly World News
Even if I stretch the truth and claim mild asthma (kind of true), autoimmune disorder (true), Hypertension (kind of true, white coat syndrome), Manufacturing job (True), I don't even meet a defined category for Washington state. Will be defined in May.

Signed up for this service though, which could help snipe a leftover dose, but they will still prioritize via state regulations so I don't have a lot of confidence it will get me anywhere.

Thank you for sharing that. I'm way the hell down the list as well, hoping I can find somewhere to sneak in for a shot.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
A friend was able to get an appt in Mesa County for next week, he hopped on it at like 7:30 this morning. Seems like the website is no longer allowing Phase 2 registrations... bummer. Gonna probably call them to see what's up though.