Quantcast

Atomic Dog

doesn't have a custom title yet.
Oct 22, 2002
In the basement at Weekly World News
I was being a good boy and waiting my turn for a shot, who knows when that would be. Hearing from my wife about how many of her teacher co-workers are not getting vaccinated despite being eligible >:( and how many unfilled appointments were still out there, I said fukkit and went rogue. Hopped online to look for an appointment and had my first shot done 90 minutes later. There was nobody else getting a shot when I arrived at the pharmacy, I was done 5 minutes before my scheduled appointment.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I was being a good boy and waiting my turn for a shot, who knows when that would be. Hearing from my wife about how many of her teacher co-workers are not getting vaccinated despite being eligible >:( and how many unfilled appointments were still out there, I said fukkit and went rogue. Hopped online to look for an appointment and had my first shot done 90 minutes later. There was nobody else getting a shot when I arrived at the pharmacy, I was done 5 minutes before my scheduled appointment.
I'm gen pop and not likely eligible until May. Zero appointments available in the Denver metro area for those who are eligible. Yet on the western side of the state which definitely leans right, I could schedule an appointment for 30 minutes from now at multiple locations.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Things are a little different on the moldy side of the mountains. Perhaps a road trip is in order.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Woah... no shit. Glad I'm getting my first jab this week.

I for one 100% support this behavior. It seems vaccines are being distributed base don population density, but are not accounting for actual demand. As @6thElement notes, you can't find an appointment within 50 miles of the Denver Metro, but you can get jabbed in GJ as quickly as you can get your arm there.

And like you, my moral and ethical compass was guiding me to wait until my turn to get vaccinated. I assumed this meant I'd have to wait until eligibility opened to the general population, but apparently having high blood pressure qualifies me. So even though I technically waited until I was eligible, I would be making an appointment for myself right now regardless.

I'm gen pop and not likely eligible until May. Zero appointments available in the Denver metro area for those who are eligible. Yet on the western side of the state which definitely leans right, I could schedule an appointment for 30 minutes from now at multiple locations.
We all have to let our own compass guide us, but I urge you to just go get vaccinated. Yeah, it's a drive... but you are NOT taking someone's spot by getting a jab in GJ. And you'd be speeding up the rate at which the state (and in particular the Denver Metro) is getting vaccinated, and quite possibly helping to mitigate a potential 3rd wave. Just check the box that says you have a high risk condition... they are not going to ask for proof of eligibility.

I read an article about the state putitng the kaibosh on Mesa County opening up vaccinations to everyone, where the public health executive director over there was quoted about the situation. Maybe I'm reading into it, but the quotes sorta read like he was bummed that they couldn't open up to more people. They have the vaccines, they have the people to administer them, it really seemed like he just wanted to get shots in arms.

"We want to vaccinate as many people as possible, and if it means that we're tapping into another group to make that happen," Kuhr trailed off.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Similar situation to @Atomic Dog over here. A larger number of people than I would have thought possible in an institute of education at my wifes school are refusing the vaccine. I assume they are not science teachers. I can't find a place to even accept an appointment for myself any where down here in the Springs, despite qualifying as a "transportation employee". Fucking killing me.

Maybe a cancer diagnosis will get me ahead in line?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Similar situation to @Atomic Dog over here. A larger number of people than I would have thought possible in an institute of education at my wifes school are refusing the vaccine. I assume they are not science teachers. I can't find a place to even accept an appointment for myself any where down here in the Springs, despite qualifying as a "transportation employee". Fucking killing me.

Maybe a cancer diagnosis will get me ahead in line?

How are your crotch oysters BTW?

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Got my first dose of Pfizer today and god damn my arm is sore. Wife made the appointment at our local pharmacy. Apparently, lots of eligible are not getting theirs, so we jumped at the chance for leftovers..

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
State lightened up to level 3 restrictions yesterday, but cases are up 10% or so from last week despite vaccine roll out. Hopefully this is due to people being more sociable due to unseasonably pleasant weather and not aggressive variants starting to run amok. Not good news either way.