Quantcast

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
If #2 does indeed suck, I'm going to do what every self-respecting man does. Bitch and complain that I'm on death's door to wife, and tell the internet/friends I didnt feel a thing.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Only mentioned the bathtub because I did not get to soak my sore balls because I was too damn lazy to clean it. But don’t learn from my mistake. Enjoy what’s coming your way.

Goddamn kids...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Cancelled my Moderna appointment in Ellensburg because I found a J&J shot in West Seattle. Here is to the less effective albeit a hell of a lot more convenient alternative. Actually it looks like J&J is less effective after two weeks than the mRNA vaccines two weeks after the 2nd shot, but efficacy continues to increase for 28 days so probably a wash.

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Bonus score vaccination day for the Family. My sister and her husband both got the J&J shot in socal. My wife's sister and her husband both got the Moderna shot in San Benito County. Wife's oldest brother and wife both got Moderna. in Marin. That just leaves the 3 dumbfucks in NM that said its a conspiracy and they aren't going to get a shot

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Canaderp is the same.

No clue.

I personally only know of one person who has got it, which was recent. He works at a hospital.
In our household, my sons girlfriend (PSW) has had both of her shots, no idea what she got.
No real side effects. She felt like she was getting a cold but that is it.

My wife (hospital purchasing) just got her first Pfizer yesterday, (second in July) said she was a bit achy and getting fatigued a few hours later and decided to have a nap. I go in every hour or so and give her a poke to see if she is still alive. Extreme fatigue, body aches, minimal appetite, no headache. Said she feels quite similar to getting the flu.

So, healthcare only so far.

Myself (56) and the boys ( 27 and 17) have not a clue as to when we may be eligible, let alone where to go. We have heard, permanent clinic, then it will be a pop-up clinic, and now they don't know.

For fucks sake, we know you don't have the vaccine yet, but you have had a bloody year to put a plan, people and locations in place. These people are so on the ball they would fuck up a pissup in a brewery. :banghead:

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Yeah and world wide the shallow end of the gene pool and trying really hard to wave back.
*sigh*
I mean, is it really that bad that it is the intentionally uneducated and refusing to be educated part of the gene pool? Sure it sounds like eugenics, but if they want to do it to themselves, I mean... what's the downside here?:eek::brow: Obviously they are going to take some innocents with them, but if they largely take themselves... :monkey: I'm just saying...:popcorn:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I mean, is it really that bad that it is the intentionally uneducated and refusing to be educated part of the gene pool? Sure it sounds like eugenics, but if they want to do it to themselves, I mean... what's the downside here?:eek::brow: Obviously they are going to take some innocents with them, but if they largely take themselves... :monkey: I'm just saying...:popcorn:
Slow motion darwin award winners.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
In our household, my sons girlfriend (PSW) has had both of her shots, no idea what she got.
No real side effects. She felt like she was getting a cold but that is it.

My wife (hospital purchasing) just got her first Pfizer yesterday, (second in July) said she was a bit achy and getting fatigued a few hours later and decided to have a nap. I go in every hour or so and give her a poke to see if she is still alive. Extreme fatigue, body aches, minimal appetite, no headache. Said she feels quite similar to getting the flu.

So, healthcare only so far.

Myself (56) and the boys ( 27 and 17) have not a clue as to when we may be eligible, let alone where to go. We have heard, permanent clinic, then it will be a pop-up clinic, and now they don't know.

For fucks sake, we know you don't have the vaccine yet, but you have had a bloody year to put a plan, people and locations in place. These people are so on the ball they would fuck up a pissup in a brewery. :banghead:
I spoke with my mom and she got her first shot some time ago (weeks?) and the second one has now been pushed to the end of June.

Lol wut

She works in a pharmacy, fyi.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I spoke with my mom and she got her first shot some time ago (weeks?) and the second one has now been pushed to the end of June.

Lol wut

She works in a pharmacy, fyi.
UK is doing 12 weeks between Pfizer shots, it's supposed to be 3 weeks. I think it's another 3 until my parental units get their second wifi booster.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
wife got her first shot on tuesday; i get mine on the 13th with a second scheduled for may 4. maybe i can ride with @AngryMetalsmith by memorial day if that punk ever gets back on two wheels again!
You probably won't be riding anything faster that the couch on May 5th.

Gah, been since September since I've ridden. Would really like to get up to Brevard before the 15th to hit Butter to Cat Gap before Cat closes to bikes for the season.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Covid Vaccine Hesitancy Drops Among All Americans

Thought about putting this is in the "Why can't we have some good news?" thread but ultimately it's about Covid... so that's good. Anycrap... the "only if I'm forced to" and "fuck you hell no" crowd is still the same it seems, but at least the folks who were on the fence seem to be gravitating towards just getting vaccinated. And this is not surprising to me:
Among all groups, Republicans and white evangelical Christians were the most likely to say they will not get vaccinated, with almost 30% of each group saying they will “definitely not” get a shot.

Fuck 'em.

What does vaccine hesitancy look like in other countries? Or heck, even in 'Murica by region? Surely there are some areas of the country that are more hesitant, no?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Cases are blowing up in Michigan, damn near December levels and 36% of the population has received a vaccination. That is a little disconcerting.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Cases are blowing up in Michigan, damn near December levels and 36% of the population has received a vaccination. That is a little disconcerting.
My sis' and mom live in the Thumb where things are extra-shitshow-ish.

From their description of local behavior, though, nobody should be surprised. Not the brightest bulbs 'round there. :disgust1:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
My sis' and mom live in the Thumb where things are extra-shitshow-ish.

From their description of local behavior, though, nobody should be surprised. Not the brightest bulbs 'round there. :disgust1:
I grew up in the northern Wrist of the Mitten, and yeah...

Is MI the only state that's spiking like that? I tooled around with the Compare Trends graphing tool on the CDC site for a bit and no other state I plugged in has that sort of spike. Many/most states are trending up, but not like that.