Quantcast

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Was at the grocery store this afternoon. Pharmacy was broadcasting over the loud speaker trying to give away COVID shots.
They really could do a better job of adjusting allocations based off of county-wide voting patterns and thus vaccine hesitancy rates...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My mRNA-hesitant, highly educated parents were being sticks in the mud. My sister and I had both laid down the law of no visiting us in Denver (we're both in the metro) until they are vaccinated, both to lower transmission and because my dad would be very high risk were he to contract COVID.

Tonight I found a nice website that listed out pharmacies in their small Oregon town, including which vaccines they offered at each site! So now my parents are signed up to get their shot of Johnson and Johnson adenovirus-vector vaccine a week from today. Intra-family warring can soon cease.

Vaccine is probably safer than flying to Denver

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Vaccine is probably safer than flying to Denver
They drive almost exclusively, taking 2.5 days or so. They wore out their 2nd gen Prius making the drive over and over and now have a 4th gen one.

pizza diavola

Monkey
Dec 3, 2013
BC started giving AstraZeneca to 55-65 year olds last week. My wife and I got our first doses on Wednesday. Second dose expected in August. We both had the chills Wednesday night and generally felt like shit yesterday but back to normal today.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
BC started giving AstraZeneca to 55-65 year olds last week. My wife and I got our first doses on Wednesday. Second dose expected in August. We both had the chills Wednesday night and generally felt like shit yesterday but back to normal today.
Younger brother is in BC and I think it was Pfizer he got stabbed with last week (he got it because he's a fireman I think). Not sure when his second implant will be.

pizza diavola

Monkey
Dec 3, 2013
Strangely, my brothers who are over 65 aren't eligible yet, but they should be eligible for Pfizer or Moderna in a couple of weeks

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
My mRNA-hesitant, highly educated parents were being sticks in the mud. My sister and I had both laid down the law of no visiting us in Denver (we're both in the metro) until they are vaccinated, both to lower transmission and because my dad would be very high risk were he to contract COVID.

Tonight I found a nice website that listed out pharmacies in their small Oregon town, including which vaccines they offered at each site! So now my parents are signed up to get their shot of Johnson and Johnson adenovirus-vector vaccine a week from today. Intra-family warring can soon cease.
and as of yesterday my parents decided to hold off for another 6 months on even the adenovirus J&J vaccine for reasons that I just can't fathom. My dad is way down the conspiracy theory rabbit hole, I am gathering. Gah.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
and as of yesterday my parents decided to hold off for another 6 months on even the adenovirus J&J vaccine for reasons that I just can't fathom. My dad is way down the conspiracy theory rabbit hole, I am gathering. Gah.
Dad came over for dinner last nightª and during the course of conversation we got talking about how difficult it still is to get an appointment for a vaccine, even in Colorado. He said he's kinda sorta looked at setting up an appointment lately, just to see what he'd have to do had I not set up appointments for him early on. He looked me dead in the eyes and thanked me for continuing to urge him to get an appointment, and eventually figuring out how and where to get him signed up. He said he'd likely still not have his first shot had I not done that. Happy kid moment for me, felt good to have helped him out. He'll be 77 this year, and he's still able to ride his motorcycle all over the damn country if he wants... hoping I helped him keep that ability to do that for a few more years.

ªDad is fully vaxxed as is Teh Financée and I'm 1 of 2 in on the Pfizer for those keeping score at home.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My father is an uneducated right wing nut job who got vaccinated the first week it was available. His sense of self preservation trumps any idealism. Now that his wife got her 2nd shot he is planning their first dinner out at a Red Lobster which says so much more than anything else I could use to describe him.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
You need to block faux news on their tv and put fake hosts files entries on their computers blocking the dumb websites.

Parents are probably 9 weeks on from their first Pfizer jab and anxiously awaiting getting the second very soon, hopefully the UK has supplies...

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Ok, so Covid is closing in down here all around us.
Two people that were on some hikes with us got it, and one Dude that I was going to have dinner with it got it, along with his mother. All of my friends are scrambling right now to go to Miami and New York for vaccines...we just took tests yesterday, both negative. But staying down here at the beach house for another 14days wouldn’t have been so terrible.