Quantcast

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
And this is why we can't have nice things*

“I just never in a million years ever expected my field of work to become less medical and more political,” said Hailey Bloom, a registered Republican and the public information officer for the health department that covers Natrona County, Wyo., which Mr. Trump won by a wide margin last year.

The health department, Ms. Bloom said, set up a clinic in a former Macy’s at the local mall and was prepared to give 1,500 shots a day, four days a week. But it has never been able to fill all the slots, she said; usually, 300 or 400 people show up.

Ms. Bloom, like many other county officials, said she feared that reaching herd immunity might not be possible in her community. “It’s terrifying to think that this may never end,” she said. “So much hinges on these vaccinations.”

1618687557906.png

1618687949746.png

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Rogers, one of the only cell service provider in Canada, has had a major outage across Canada today.

One service that wasn't identified in the outage is 5G.

:tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil:

Wish I had my built in 5G receiver, like some of you peeps.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
Doc's office called today and verified my registration and offered me an opportunity to win a chance to feel like crap for a couple of days. No idea when or even if P or M would be available to me, so with the way its spreading up here, I figure I will belly up for a shot of AZ.

Looks like I'm getting the first AZ antenna installed 10:00 am Friday :twitch:

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Rogers, one of the only cell service provider in Canada, has had a major outage across Canada today.

One service that wasn't identified in the outage is 5G.

:tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil:

Wish I had my built in 5G receiver, like some of you peeps.
One of the only? That’s a bit dramatic. The four majors that I assume you know: Rogers, Bell, Telus, Shaw/Freedom.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Microchipping completed a few hours ago. At least for now, I feel fine. But...I just sat down at my desk, started the computer and seem to have an incredible understanding of any Microsoft product I open? Seems odd.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
The virus is going to be with us for a long time.
I was taking my garbage cans in from the street and an older couple was walking in a direction and pace that made it clear we would cross paths. She was wearing a mask and he wasn't. I paused in the street and checked for traffic. When I looked back he had slipped his mask on just a couple of feet before my driveway, which was cutting it close. Then he started folding his mask up and stuffing it in his pocket almost as soon as he had placed it on his face. Not inspiring confidence.

I know someone who went to the Dodgers game last night. Reading the stadium protocols on their website was interesting. The mandatory mask requirement was specific about excluding neck gaiters and bandanas. I wonder how that went.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I was taking my garbage cans in from the street and an older couple was walking in a direction and pace that made it clear we would cross paths. She was wearing a mask and he wasn't. I paused in the street and checked for traffic. When I looked back he had slipped his mask on just a couple of feet before my driveway, which was cutting it close. Then he started folding his mask up and stuffing it in his pocket almost as soon as he had placed it on his face. Not inspiring confidence.

I know someone who went to the Dodgers game last night. Reading the stadium protocols on their website was interesting. The mandatory mask requirement was specific about excluding neck gaiters and bandanas. I wonder how that went.
I think the chance of spreading Covid from casually walking by someone outside is pretty slim. Different story if they are talking/coughing.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I think the chance of spreading Covid from casually walking by someone outside is pretty slim. Different story if they are talking/coughing.
Slim chances indeed. It was a couple and they were talking. It was more about this guy masking up for about 6 feet. Why bother, and what does this say about how he behaves elsewhere? It was like a limp handshake that says “I’ll put my arm about because I’m supposed to, but that’s all you get.”

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
is it crowded enough to make masks reasonable?
In some sections of tight singletrack, definitely. I always look for a spot to pull off the trail and let the mask less “hikers” pass so I can control the distance between us. Otherwise we’re close enough to swap spit. The park actually has a mask mandate about wearing a mask when six feet is not possible. But so very few adhere. Unfortunately the park is located in Trump land and not even first responders wear masks. I quit all outdoor activities for four months because our woods became overrun with mask-less noobs.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Shit is hitting the fan really bad in India, with a new variant with (possibly) increased vaccine/antibody resistance, which combines mutations previosly seen in California and UK/South Africa.

70% of infections in India appear to be from this new variant, those are not good news for the rest of the world.

Last edited:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
If only these rich countries who had the resources and capabilities to stop the spread did so and prevented some of these variants emergence in the first place...