Quantcast

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Every year I open my PCP's pool and close it. Its a nice pool. Super easy to open even with the mesh cover. I usually have it clear by Memorial day. Her Son helps me and does most of the work. Good kid. For this I pay no extras. No deductibles, no lab or blood work and things like that. It also fosters good will between us. Why can't more of us operate on this basis.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Holy shitballs, I just scored an appointment for my first jab. Sunday at 3:30. Should give me time for a Sunday morning ride. Now comes the "which vaccine will it be" roulette!

Ironically, the location I'm getting it is now a palliative care hospital, but it used to be the city's general hospital, and is where I was born!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Booked flights to see my dad. Reduced travel from COVID just means full flights and fewer options. God I hate flying. I think I just need sever all relationships that exist beyond driving range.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Out of pocket cost for my parents to have the 4 of us kids was ~$200. My wife and I will probably pay 15x that for a single kid.

And we wonder why people are delaying having children and not having as many when they do.
I am pretty sure it cost my older brother less than a grand out of pocket for the birth of both his kids between 2007-08....

his wife had excellent insurance through GE....

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Booked flights to see my dad. Reduced travel from COVID just means full flights and fewer options. God I hate flying. I think I just need sever all relationships that exist beyond driving range.
That's how it was before COVID. Only "in between" were the flights sparsely populated. I flew a few times last year and it was great having the planes so empty. It's pretty much back to normal as far as that is concerned now.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
That's how it was before COVID. Only "in between" were the flights sparsely populated. I flew a few times last year and it was great having the planes so empty. It's pretty much back to normal as far as that is concerned now.

Except that there are still fewer flights so reduced options to get where you need to go. Seattle to Pittsburgh is pretty much a 12+ hour journey requiring a red eye flight for busy days. Thankfully My dates were flexible so I was able to change plans around to find a direct flight with Alaskan.

I assume that things like Security is also "right sized" for the number of travelers so it will still take an hour to get to the gate.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
8th grade article said:
Compared with RaTG13, SARS2 has a 12-nucleotide insert right at the S1/S2 junction. The insert is the sequence T-CCT-CGG-CGG-GC. The CCT codes for proline, the two CGG’s for two arginines, and the GC is the beginning of a GCA codon that codes for alanine.
:blink:

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
As everyone knows (or may at least recall from high school), the genetic code uses three units of DNA to specify each amino acid unit of a protein chain. When read in groups of 3, the 4 different kinds of DNA can specify 4 x 4 x 4 or 64 different triplets, or codons as they are called. Since there are only 20 kinds of amino acid, there are more than enough codons to go around, allowing some amino acids to be specified by more than one codon. The amino acid arginine, for instance, can be designated by any of the six codons CGU, CGC, CGA, CGG, AGA or AGG, where A, U, G and C stand for the four different kinds of unit in RNA.
Definately not the HS I went to.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
“I DoNt GEt iT”
Sorry let me explain:

As everyone knows (or may at least recall from high school), the genetic code uses three units of DNA to specify each amino acid unit of a protein chain. When read in groups of 3, the 4 different kinds of DNA can specify 4 x 4 x 4 or 64 different triplets, or codons as they are called. Since there are only 20 kinds of amino acid, there are more than enough codons to go around, allowing some amino acids to be specified by more than one codon. The amino acid arginine, for instance, can be designated by any of the six codons CGU, CGC, CGA, CGG, AGA or AGG, where A, U, G and C stand for the four different kinds of unit in RNA.