Quantcast

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
And then you have this, because mutations. :fie:
oh great. we were hoping to go on vacation late june / early july.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Which has me conflicted... because part of me wants to say, "good!" but the other part feels bad for healthcare workers that will have to deal with these fucking dolts. :mad:

They don't deserve this horseshit...
right?

i still plan on masking when doing indoor things like shopping, as both my kids are currently too young to be vaccinated.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Whats the rush to stop using masks?
The risk-benefit of using masks for a few more months, vs the risk of a more infectious/deadly variant is insane.
Do you wear glasses? It is a major PITA in humid climate or when changing from hot to cold air (like shopping in a grocery store) I, for one, cannot wait to stop making choices between seeing or breathing.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Remember the part where they shut down the entire region and built those massive emergency hospitals in a week?
Remember the part when the whistleblower doctors first reporting about the new lung disease disappeared or were shut up?

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Do you wear glasses? It is a major PITA in humid climate or when changing from hot to cold air (like shopping in a grocery store) I, for one, cannot wait to stop making choices between seeing or breathing.
If your glasses fog up then your mask is not sitting correctly.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Remember the part when the whistleblower doctors first reporting about the new lung disease disappeared or were shut up?
It was one guy, who was professionally reprimanded, not ‘disappeared’ or any such rubbish, for publicly sharing private medical records and incorrectly saying it was an (old) SARS. Health board POV: He unethically used confidential patient data and spread a lie about it.

Anyway, by that point the Chinese CDC had already been notified about the (new) virus and was in communication with the WHO about it. The WHO first noted it in their bulletin one day after that stuff happened.

It was essentially a non-story used by elements of the western media to spin the story about evil Chinese state control.

The fact you remember it as multiple people being ‘disappeared’ is quite telling of the success of such propaganda.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
If your glasses fog up then your mask is not sitting correctly.
Fuck this so much. I'm so done with people saying "oh, you need to get one that has a wire/seals up"-whatever. IT DOESNT FUCKING WORK. It's just the heat of my face in most cases and I can't turn my face off, sorry.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Fuck this so much. I'm so done with people saying "oh, you need to get one that has a wire/seals up"-whatever. IT DOESNT FUCKING WORK. It's just the heat of my face in most cases and I can't turn my face off, sorry.
Yeah this.

I feel bad for all the people in the factory here - mandatory safety glasses, mask and ear plugs. Your head is sealed off from everything and it sucks.

It doesn't help that all the heat treaters, welding robots and oil washing machines dump hot air into the building.

Theres no avoiding getting fogged up glasses or a mask that feels all stuffy and clogged.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Daughter gets hers at 10:45 this morning. She's pissed because she'll be dealing with the side effects on the weekend and won't get to miss any school. :rolleyes:
I mean do you blame her? :D

There is talk here about online learning being permanent, if you want to go that way. That means no more snow days - there is going to be a revolt!!!

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Which has me conflicted... because part of me wants to say, "good!" but the other part feels bad for healthcare workers that will have to deal with these fucking dolts. :mad:

They don't deserve this horseshit...
Ayup. We are going to be having random C19 patient for a long while.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
No kidding. I'm all I'm favor of WFH being a more permanent option, but kids need to be in school. Remote learning has proven incredibly challenging for both students and teachers, and its doing them both a disservice continuing the arrangement any longer than necessary.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
There is talk here about online learning being permanent, if you want to go that way.
FUCK Ford. Fuck him and the horse he rode in on (RIP)
they would have to continue providing devices in order to do so. not sure if they plan on continuing to incur that expense.
Computers and tech support have got to be cheaper than hiring teachers, otherwise those asshats wouldn't be "thinking" twice about this.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Computers and tech support have got to be cheaper than hiring teachers, otherwise that asshats wouldn't be "thinking" twice about this.
here in America™, increasing school funding is commie bullshit.

even without computers and tech support, we still need more teachers.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

:thumbsdown:
While it's true that "You can't fact-check someone's personal experience" you sure as hell can point out that they are a dumb motherfucker. And more people *should* be pointing this out to dumb motherfuckers. :disgust:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

:thumbsdown:
Sounds like a great way to find out that I never want to visit your establishment again. Infact, please make sure you have a large sign out front so I can avoid getting out of my car.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
It was one guy, who was professionally reprimanded, not ‘disappeared’ or any such rubbish, for publicly sharing private medical records and incorrectly saying it was an (old) SARS. Health board POV: He unethically used confidential patient data and spread a lie about it.

Anyway, by that point the Chinese CDC had already been notified about the (new) virus and was in communication with the WHO about it. The WHO first noted it in their bulletin one day after that stuff happened.

It was essentially a non-story used by elements of the western media to spin the story about evil Chinese state control.

The fact you remember it as multiple people being ‘disappeared’ is quite telling of the success of such propaganda.
You sound like a Chinese government official. Sure, blame the physicians that talked to each other about a mysterious lung infection and sanction them instead of listening to what they have to say.

Maybe I am biased, but some of my colleagues work in collaboration with Chinese scientists on projects in China about water pollution. One even was hired by a Chinese university and lived in China for three years. The stories that they tell what they are allowed to publish, how data gets manipulated in official reports to "improve" water quality is something that goes against all scientific standards.
Knowing this, all the "anti-Chinese propaganda" about Covid sounds a lot more plausible.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Do your glasses also fog up more that other folk's without a mask? Why does your face produces more heat when wearing a mask?
I tried different masks and found the ones where I could work with safety glasses on as well. No fogging up.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Do your glasses also fog up more that other folk's without a mask? Why does your face produces more heat when wearing a mask?
I tried different masks and found the ones where I could work with safety glasses on as well. No fogging up.
It depends on envormental conditions and how hard im exerting. With 50mph in my face constantly, yeah, no fog. Stop and almost immediate fog. Glasses fog and ice over while riding in the winter with no mask at all, or alternatively, with a sealing no-fog mask that directs everything down. Humidity, temp changes, they all play a factor. I even fogged up bad this week at the gym doing a hard boulder, after i had been there for half an hour. And yes, with one of those wire sealing masks. Also, with a sealed n95 last week sanding the carbon on my rear triangle (outside).

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
It depends on envormental conditions and how hard im exerting. With 50mph in my face constantly, yeah, no fog. Stop and almost immediate fog. Glasses fog and ice over while riding in the winter with no mask at all, or alternatively, with a sealing no-fog mask that directs everything down. Humidity, temp changes, they all play a factor. I even fogged up bad this week at the gym doing a hard boulder, after i had been there for half an hour. And yes, with one of those wire sealing masks. Also, with a sealed n95 last week sanding the carbon on my rear triangle (outside).
I can relate to all of this. Glasses / goggles fogging up pretty much restrict my riding the most on non-perfect weather days, without a mask.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I can relate to all of this. Glasses / goggles fogging up pretty much restrict my riding the most on non-perfect weather days, without a mask.
Ah, bummer. I just have issues on very cold days and working with cheap safety glasses. I did use this anti-fog coating stuff that Oakely sells on a cheap set of safety glasses and this reduced fogging greatly.
I should consider myself lucky then I guess.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Ah, bummer. I just have issues on very cold days and working with cheap safety glasses. I did use this anti-fog coating stuff that Oakely sells on a cheap set of safety glasses and this reduced fogging greatly.
I should consider myself lucky then I guess.
I've tried all sort of remedies to no avail. The only thing that sorta works is the Ryders anti-fog coated lenses but I don't have those in prescription glasses.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I mean, if there's something that works, I'm all ears. There's no end of people suggesting things, but I've tried all that crap and temperature differences, whether on my face and glasses, or inside vs. outside, trigger it and it's incredibly frustrating at times. For skiing and backcountry, the Julbo goggles have done a good job, with their pop-out lens, not perfect, but decent. There's almost always some wind there though and often sun. Bright sun blasts it away pretty well, but indoors/outdoors transitions, exertion wearing a mask, exertion in the winter, all easily trigger it and making them clean, or layer of soap, or cat-crap, or whatever people are suggesting, doesn't work.