Quantcast

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
gah. damn you and your clear logic. rebooked it to March break 2021. no cost, so there's that. but my little guy is going to be devastated. we had to cancel his birthday party because of his throat accident, and now this. :(
your kid like legos? get him the biggest set you can get your hands on (and are willing to pay for)

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
March break is next week for my kid.
It has just been announced that all publicly funded schools in Ontario will close for the following two weeks as well.
Mar 14 - Apr 5.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
What do theaisles of shelf stable food look like? Went to the market this afternoon, everything fresh was in stock and on sale, anything shelf stable was sold the fuck out. Cashier told me they’re still getting shipments, and working 3 shifts restocking, but nothing lasts more than an hour on the shelf.

I wanted more sushi rice, I got no sushi rice, only brocand sadness.
Similar here

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Schools in my and surrounding towns are now closed. I too plan not to go to the office for the next X days, X > imaginable number. Shit is getting real here. I am expecting MA to be similar to Lombardy in 10 days or less.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Uni is closed and we are supposed to keep teaching through 'online resources'. Triple the work to prepare all that and I guess a lot of the students will not participate in the activities because they think this is just an extended Easter vacation. :banghead: Further no access to the buildings, not even for folks with running research experiments. Money down the drain that they will not refund. :rant:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
March break is next week for my kid.
It has just been announced that all publicly funded schools in Ontario will close for the following two weeks as well.
Mar 14 - Apr 5.

Well that escalated quickly. I take back my everything's normal statement from yesterday.

Went to the grocery store and it was jammed packed in there. Granted the bottled water was 50% off, but people had entire grocery carts filled with cases of it. I didn't look at the shit paper aisle.

It's pretty amusing watching some of these people - they're wearing latex gloves....but still touching everything and themselves....wearing masks without their nose covered and what about the eyes?

But hey at least the woods should be safe while everyone huddles inside.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
They are shutting down dorms in Boston colleges. Poor students, particularly the international ones. We're likely soon having the highest educated homeless population in the world.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I posted that less than 23000 years ago
I should have gotten a pic at the store. Costco was out of the question but the wife needed backup so I hit WinCo. It was also nuts, not Costco nuts, but much nuttier than I prefer. They were out of really random stuff. Corn tortillas flour? But there was also a huge run on shit paper.