Quantcast

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
currently watching a friend completely melt down on social media, in panic over a family member in the ICU with the rona......

After spending 15 months of watching that same person completely melt down on social media over freedums™ lost, media hype, schools this and that, amateur science, and overhype about the rona

It's everything I can muster to not just show him his own words.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
We had a "service of remembrance" at my hospital. Management wanted lots of staff to show up.

Uh, most of us that worked through the worst of things? Yeah, many of us don't really want to remember a bunch of it.

I'm reminded every fucking day, when reading more and more stories about dumbasses now dying from something we can now *fairly easily* prevent.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
We had a "service of remembrance" at my hospital. Management wanted lots of staff to show up.

Uh, most of us that worked through the worst of things? Yeah, many of us don't really want to remember a bunch of it.

I'm reminded every fucking day, when reading more and more stories about dumbasses now dying from something we can now *fairly easily* prevent.
do non physicians take a Hippocratic oath?

If not I have an idea

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I don't want him (or anyone in his family) to die or have aneurysms, I just want him to wise the fuck up about another human being who he may not have a direct connection to.

I mean really, it's the perfect analogy for america as a whole.
Every day that passes I feel less and less empathy for such a large portion of the population that's now facing the consequences of their own poor choices (not that that's anything new).

Shizzon

Monkey
Jun 25, 2015
Hey @Shizzon ... hows the brother doing?
I just dropped off a batch of home made enchiladas and from a distance he sounded pretty good. His smell/taste are still unchanged and he is otherwise fairly symptom free. It was pretty obvious that he was enjoying one of the edibles that I had picked up for him the previous day, I think the food was appreciated!

His wife is apparently having trouble keeping food down and is in general not having fun though.

I’m not sure at what point they will be in the clear,(or when they transmitted for that matter) but him not showing any real symptoms yet is at least making me hopeful.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
this is what i don't understand more than just being anti-vax. the wait and see approach? waiting for what? an improved vaccine? vaccine 2.0? that's not how it works. if there were going to be widespread adverse reactions, we would have seen them by now. the only realistic reason they'd change the formulation at this point would be to combat reduced efficacy in the event of viral mutations that it proved less effective against (doesn't seem we're at that point with the delta variant, but further evolution would push things in that direction).
I have this with a colleague right now. in a (Teams) meeting a few weeks ago, myself and a third colleague were talking about our reactions to the vaccine, and dose 1 vs dose 2. we assumed colleague 1 was also vaccinated so asked her about her experience, but she said she was living out in the country side so didn't feel in danger. she said she plans on getting vaccinated eventually, but would "wait to see how it plays out". I thought to myself, wtf does that even mean?! when is evenutally? the Province is starting to ease restrictions, and there's talk of returning to work. and is she really isolating? she talks about going having people visit and going camping in provincial campgrounds.

and yesterday she was at an informal gathering in another colleagues' backyard. I stayed well away from her, but that's awkward since we're team mates... but still... I don't know what to make of this. we're all well educated people, mostly with masters degrees in the science field (we work on climate change), how can this possibly be?! all I can think of is she's somewhat of a hippy... but still... goddam. we know how to stop this. and if the people who know how science works still don't do what the science says... what hope is there for humanity?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I have this with a colleague right now. in a (Teams) meeting a few weeks ago, myself and a third colleague were talking about our reactions to the vaccine, and dose 1 vs dose 2. we assumed colleague 1 was also vaccinated so asked her about her experience, but she said she was living out in the country side so didn't feel in danger. she said she plans on getting vaccinated eventually, but would "wait to see how it plays out". I thought to myself, wtf does that even mean?! when is evenutally? the Province is starting to ease restrictions, and there's talk of returning to work. and is she really isolating? she talks about going having people visit and going camping in provincial campgrounds.

and yesterday she was at an informal gathering in another colleagues' backyard. I stayed well away from her, but that's awkward since we're team mates... but still... I don't know what to make of this. we're all well educated people, mostly with masters degrees in the science field (we work on climate change), how can this possibly be?! all I can think of is she's somewhat of a hippy... but still... goddam. we know how to stop this. and if the people who know how science works still don't do what the science says... what hope is there for humanity?
She's probably afraid of needles. People need to HTFU. :mad:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

"wait and see how it plays out" translates roughly to russian roulette in these circumstances.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
"wait and see how it plays out" translates roughly to russian roulette in these circumstances.
Not to mention it's selfish as all shit.

One of the wives in my regular bike group said she was holding off because she viewed the vax as a "rushed experiment" and "besides, when we get to 80% vaccination, I won't need to because I'll be protected by herd immunity."

There were 10 of us sitting outside having dinner. My wife, showing great restraint, did *not* point out that she selfishly was counting on the *rest* of us to protect her. My wife was pretty livid after dinner. :mad:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I think we're at the point (here in Ontario/Canada/US), with vaccines being readily available to almost everyone, that we need to start being selfish and just say fuck it, you're on your own if you choose not to.

In the end, we all got the vaccines to protect ourselves, right? As a whole, as long as everyone who wants to be vaccinated, is actually vaccinated, then the rest of the population can continue to dig their own holes.

And if you choose not to and then get sick - we're fully in the clear to point and laugh.

Last edited:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Perhaps we are on the precipice of a self-induced extinction level event. Saw a story on CNN about a guy sick with pneumonia in the hospital from Covid but still refusing the vaccine because he doesn’t want anyone shoving it down his throat.

George Carlin one said that the earth would eventually rid itself of the plague of mankind. Sure seems like it’s working overtime at the moment.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Perhaps we are on the precipice of a self-induced extinction level event. Saw a story on CNN about a guy sick with pneumonia in the hospital from Covid but still refusing the vaccine because he doesn’t want anyone shoving it down his throat.

George Carlin one said that the earth would eventually rid itself of the plague of mankind. Sure seems like it’s working overtime at the moment.
Pretty much.
This + climate shows how likely doomed we are as a species.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

I hope he feels the same way about antibiotics and oxygen.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Pretty much.
This + climate shows how likely doomed we are as a species.

We aren't doomed as a species, not even close, our population may get rolled back a few orders of magnitude. There will be mass suffering involved in the process. Parents just need to remind their crotch spawn of the good times so when they are bludgeoning a stranger for a drink of clean water (or getting bludgeoned) they understand why.

Last edited:

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Unless Covid gets way, way deadlier it's not going to change much population-wise. Unless it starts taking out way, way more people in their child bearing prime it won't move the needle. Snuffing out fatties and grandparents after they're reproduced does nothing more than cause a minor and temporary dip.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Unless Covid gets way, way deadlier it's not going to change much population-wise. Unless it starts taking out way, way more people in their child bearing prime it won't move the needle. Snuffing out fatties and grandparents after they're reproduced does nothing more than cause a minor and temporary dip.
per nearly all reports of seen, there's a growing percentage of younger adults (eg people in their 20s-40's who are otherwise healthy) that are being infected, and nearly all of the new cases (99+%) are unvaccinated.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Erection =/= ejaculation and fertilization but there's a chance of Darwinism with the pre-breeders too:

"We found that the virus affects the blood vessels that supply the penis, causing erectile dysfunction," said senior researcher Dr. Ranjith Ramasamy, director of the reproductive urology program at the University of Miami's Miller School of Medicine. "The blood vessels themselves malfunction and are not able to provide enough blood to enter the penis for an erection."

Ramasamy compared this to organ damage in the lungs, kidneys and brain that's been found in COVID-19 patients.

"We think the penis also could be affected in a similar way," Ramasamy said. "We don't think this is a temporary effect. We think this could be permanent."

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
Erection =/= fertilization but there's a chance for Darwin with the pre-breeders too:

"We found that the virus affects the blood vessels that supply the penis, causing erectile dysfunction," said senior researcher Dr. Ranjith Ramasamy, director of the reproductive urology program at the University of Miami's Miller School of Medicine. "The blood vessels themselves malfunction and are not able to provide enough blood to enter the penis for an erection."

Ramasamy compared this to organ damage in the lungs, kidneys and brain that's been found in COVID-19 patients.

"We think the penis also could be affected in a similar way," Ramasamy said. "We don't think this is a temporary effect. We think this could be permanent."
:rofl:

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I think we're at the point (here in Ontario/Canada/US), with vaccines being readily available to almost everyone, that we need to start being selfish and just say fuck it, you're on your own if you choose not to.

In the end, we all got the vaccines to protect ourselves, right? As a whole, as long as everyone who wants to be vaccinated, is actually vaccinated, then the rest of the population can continue to dig their own holes.

And if you choose not to and then get sick - we're fully in the clear to point and laugh.
There are people that cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons, they are left high and dry by this. So I think there needs to be a little "encouragement" by the government and society to get everyone on board.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
There are people that cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons, they are left high and dry by this. So I think there needs to be a little "encouragement" by the government and society to get everyone on board.
Those people, of course yes, we have to take care of them and not discriminate against or hold judgement.

I'm purely talking about the people who choose not too. Or the people that lie about being medically exempt. Or the people crossing the borders or into places that ask you to be vaccinated.

boylagz

Monkey
Jul 12, 2011
SF bay area
Refusing to accept facts just to promote their booshlt and look cool or whatever is beyond me. Wouldn't want anything grim happen to these idiots and their families but man, sometimes I wonder why we arent extinct yet.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Not to mention it's selfish as all shit.

One of the wives in my regular bike group said she was holding off because she viewed the vax as a "rushed experiment" and "besides, when we get to 80% vaccination, I won't need to because I'll be protected by herd immunity."

There were 10 of us sitting outside having dinner. My wife, showing great restraint, did *not* point out that she selfishly was counting on the *rest* of us to protect her. My wife was pretty livid after dinner. :mad:
Be sure to mark that date on your calendar, so that when this woman gets COVID, you'll have a precises date to remind her of this conversation.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK