Quantcast

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Besides the standard panic supplies, the large regional grocery store store I frequent for the usual, casual Thursday evening shop was out of: bananas, prepackaged sliced cheese, ground beef, and frozen french fries. Now, while I myself love a chili cheese fries banana split, it seemed excessive.

Also the lines were almost an hour long, and I hugged a person I had not seen in some time to the audible gasps and taken aback of the people around us before we realized our faux pas.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
One thing that I think this will do for a lot of folks is to reset their *ACTUAL* risk tolerance - I believe for the last 10 years or so people have *thought* that their tolerance was much higher than it actually is...
It always goes that way. It's way too high when it should be way lower and too low when it should be higher.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Yeah, TP is bat-shit-crazy. I picked the wrong week to run out...but tissues are soft too. Went to costco to get gas and literally everyone buying huge bricks of TP as if it's the end of days.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Yeah, TP is bat-shit-crazy. I picked the wrong week to run out...but tissues are soft too. Went to costco to get gas and literally everyone buying huge bricks of TP as if it's the end of days.
Bidet. Say it with me bi-det.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Been listening to a few things where bats and pangolins have been cited as “possible” sources for this virus. Anyone seen something solid on this?
Bats the source via intermediary creature as of yet not pinned down.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Going to hit the market in the morning, on the way home from work. Figure being in scrubs with my nametag on will keep the scavengers at bay. Due for a regular grocery run anyhow, but certainly don't want to do it over the weekend.

Mrs. Scrub and I maintain a fairly well stocked pantry anyway, but figure may as well stock up on stuff now. We could easily go about 3-4 weeks without a market run, though the menu would be...interesting towards the end.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
374A73B6-EEB2-4266-8347-356D50071266.jpeg
6AC0EC03-78A7-4BAE-82F2-173D2FFEE570.jpeg

data via worldometers.info

Italy still in exponential growth. Health care system already overwhelmed.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So, our Hispanic tenants came over for dinner...and the mom said the kiddo (ten yo girl) stayed home for the last two days with a bit of a cough and a mild fever. Fuck.

Last edited: