Quantcast

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Because the thing that jumped from a pangolin to a bat to a human certainly couldn’t jump from a human to a deer.
98CAD990-087E-4995-BA48-E32303AE45DD.jpeg

(I think the pangolin was found not guilty, but the bat is still a suspect)

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Because the thing that jumped from a pangolin to a bat to a human certainly couldn’t jump from a human to a deer.

(I think the pangolin was found not guilty, but the bat is still a suspect)
What seems sketchier about that to me is that assuming no one is taking deer herds to the theater to watch movies with them......

-they caught it outside
-they caught it at a distance
-they caught it from surface contact

assuming humans were the primary vector in the US (we're certainly the only dumbasses that got on airplanes to move it around the globe), how did they catch it?

which leads to the even more sketchier conclusion since deer don't exactly socialize with other species...

-another carrier like /insects bugs are a vector

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
What seems sketchier about that to me is that assuming no one is taking deer herds to the theater to watch movies with them......

-they caught it outside

assuming humans were the primary vector in the US (we're certainly the only dumbasses that got on airplanes to move it around the globe), how did they catch it?

which leads to the even more sketchier conclusion since deer don't exactly socialize with other species...

Deer from Michigan and Pennsylvania. Should probably consider it an STD.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
FWIW, I can't require that anyone on my team gets vaccinated, but I just last week told my own story to a woman on my team about how sick I was last year, and she told me today she got her 1st shot since then.
On one hand, awesome. apparently a first hand account plus the fear of these new variants finally did the trick.
On the other, I still can't believe she and others took all the reports and death tolls to date as "meh, whatever".

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

-they caught it outside

knowing Pennsyltucky someone probably fucked a deer

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
I can't require that anyone on my team gets vaccinated
Same, and I'm due to travel with someone who refuses to get his shots. Seems reasonable (to me) that the my employer should be able to mandate that they at least get tested prior to me being in close proximity to them for a week.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Same, and I'm due to travel with someone who refuses to get his shots. Seems reasonable (to me) that the my employer should be able to mandate that they at least get tested prior to me being in close proximity to them for a week.
Wear an N95 and carry a broomstick, hit them with it if they get closer than it is long.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
can you lodge an official request to not travel with them? With some sort of veiled threat to hold them accountable if you wind up getting sick?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Haven't confirmed, but saw this info:

"Kaiser just announced effective 7/31 that they will continue to pay 100% of testing and vaccines but discontinue 100% payment of treatment for anyone over 12 meaning if you end up in the hospital, it will be treated as any other deductible and out-of-pocket expense."

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

"Kaiser just announced effective 7/31 that they will continue to pay 100% of testing and vaccines but discontinue 100% payment of treatment for anyone over 12 meaning if you end up in the hospital, it will be treated as any other deductible and out-of-pocket expense."
No differentiation between 5G chipped and self-taught experts?

boylagz

Monkey
Jul 12, 2011
SF bay area
COVID patients back in the hospitals up here in norcal, though not in crazy nos., so far. A buddy who works in ICU in Tucson had their surge like 6 weeks ago. Sheeesh. Be safe out there.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
can you lodge an official request to not travel with them? With some sort of veiled threat to hold them accountable if you wind up getting sick?
Good question as my boss thinks people like this are idiots as well. Will certainly check as things get closer.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle

Wasn't the free Covid care thing a Fedeal reimbursement to the healthcare providers, not actually the insurance companies covering it? Seems like ending such coverage is sorta out of their hands.

That said, Kaiser $10 deductible FTW!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
COVID patients back in the hospitals up here in norcal, though not in crazy nos., so far. A buddy who works in ICU in Tucson had their surge like 6 weeks ago. Sheeesh. Be safe out there.
yea but you already have the delta plus variant