Quantcast

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
I wonder what will make her feel safe about getting it. About 60% of the province is double vaccinated!

As much as I don’t want vaccine mandates and passports, I sorta feel like we’re at a point where we need them, for those people. They’re waiting for the Covid vaccines to be old like polio and flu shots, nobody even thinks about those because they’ve been around forever, and are therefore safe. New means unsafe to these people.

Then again, the anti vax types I know are doubling down on their anti vax theories as more and more companies and organizations are requiring it.

My idea of loading up Gatling guns with vaccine darts and doing staffing runs probably violates at least 4 laws, but it would be effective. Either you get shot, or stay home to avoid it, either way problem solved.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Make it mandatory for driving licenses, hunting licenses, marriage licenses, schools, colleges, bus passes, theatre/music tickets, and purchasing beer, ammo, and cigarettes.
*and health insurance, plus fuck your flying spaghetti monster exemptions. (no offence @FSM )

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
And voting. And prison/jail/church. And getting tax refunds, and winning the lotto/lottery. And applying for credit cards and bank accounts. And flying, taking buses, trains, or skiing.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
If it wasn't for young kids not being able to get vaccinated I'd just say let it roll. If your not smart enough to protect yourself with two extremely simple ways then that is your problem. The nice thing about Delta is how fast it works. It just may take care of this situation for us.

Also if not getting vaccinated or wearing a mask is a personal choice, doctors refusing to treat people who refuse a vaccination should also be a viable personal choice.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Last edited:

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Am still wondering when will insurance companies jack up the premium for the non vaxxed.

From a financial risk-POV, not being vaxxed in a country where ICU beds run $30k per day.... Is probably more risky than to insure a driver with previous DUIs.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Wife got an alert Monday or Tuesday from her phone saying she had had contact with a COVID positive person (via the opt in Bluetooth tracking). Didn’t give her an option to see more or anything.

so she got a PCR swab on Tuesday at a local pharmacy. 1-3 days turnaround via their email, 2-7 per the staff there.

We are hosting a family dinner on Saturday including some elderly people and kids too young for vaccination. All eligible adults attending and possibly my elder kids via the trial are vaccinated. The PCR still hadn’t resulted as of this morning and she was getting antsy as the weekend approaches so she went to a clinic in Renton to self pay $150 for a rapid antigen test. (It was negative.)

With all of this I think we are in the clear/have done our due diligence. Note that I also have the phone contact tracking enabled and I didn’t get an alert. I guess the labs are getting backed up for swabs from asymptomatic people as volumes pick back up once again.
Did you tell all your guests about this so they can decide for themselves?

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
We need to let the stupid die off. Lets start off by getting rid of seatbelt and helmet laws. We require fall protection harnesses, should be a personal choice. Just no workman's comp if you don't use it.
You know in some states in the USA, they have removed the helmet requirement for motorcycles. Most familiar with it in Pennsylvania where shortly after the law came into effect the qb of the Steelers crashed his motorcycle and almost offed himself in the process.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Visited a business partner in the Netherlands yesterday and decided to make a stop in one of the larger cities to acquire some Dutch licorice and lettuce. I'm not exaggerating here, I saw zero masks in this really busy city, both outside and in stores. Noped out of there real quick.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Did you tell all your guests about this so they can decide for themselves?
I don’t think she has.

Edit: PCR finally resulted after about 80 hours. Also negative, as expected.

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
If it wasn't for young kids not being able to get vaccinated I'd just say let it roll.
My wife's school, and so far as I know, the state are not mandating masks yet and it makes me fucking furious. Me wife teaches a class of littles, kids 6-7, who are already full on cootie patrol without COVID. We've all had our shots in this house, so I suppose the odds are in our favor. But what pisses me off, is I'm still technically a cancer patient. Ever been in an oncologists office? Not only is it super depressing, but it's a place full of people whose immune systems are super compromised. Sure, they are doing everything possible to minimize the risk for their patients, but the rest of society seems incapable of even recognizing people like this might even exist. 6 weeks from now when I go back for my follow up, there is going to be the possibility, albiet small, that I could be carrying COVID because maybe my wife brought it home from her petri dish of a second grade classroom where no precautions are being taken.

I think what it is that really gets me is the selfishness of it all. The inability to see a broader picture. The unwillingness to take on even the slightest inconvenience (I'm not even going to call wearing a mask or getting a shot a "sacrifice")for a neighbor or your community. Selfish, myopic, purposefully ignorant, short sighted pigs.

I doubt very much that it's coincidence that there is a lot of "Trump voter" overlap in the anit-vaccine/anti-mask community.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Am still wondering when will insurance companies jack up the premium for the non vaxxed.

From a financial risk-POV, not being vaxxed in a country where ICU beds run $30k per day.... Is probably more risky than to insure a driver with previous DUIs.
Weirdly they don't do that with anything, you'd think stuff like cancer screenings and being in overall good shape would get you a discount, or at least a free cookie, but no. One thing I really like about my HMO is that all the preventative stuff is actively encouraged and generally free, a discount would be nice, but free shit that keeps me from missing work is almost as good.

I'm sure life insurance companies will adjust rates based on vaccination status, as their odds of paying out on a vaccinated person are significantly lower. It won't be a discount for us vaxxed folk, but an upcharge for the unvaxxed.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My wife's school, and so far as I know, the state are not mandating masks yet and it makes me fucking furious. Me wife teaches a class of littles, kids 6-7, who are already full on cootie patrol without COVID. We've all had our shots in this house, so I suppose the odds are in our favor. But what pisses me off, is I'm still technically a cancer patient. Ever been in an oncologists office? Not only is it super depressing, but it's a place full of people whose immune systems are super compromised. Sure, they are doing everything possible to minimize the risk for their patients, but the rest of society seems incapable of even recognizing people like this might even exist. 6 weeks from now when I go back for my follow up, there is going to be the possibility, albiet small, that I could be carrying COVID because maybe my wife brought it home from her petri dish of a second grade classroom where no precautions are being taken.

I think what it is that really gets me is the selfishness of it all. The inability to see a broader picture. The unwillingness to take on even the slightest inconvenience (I'm not even going to call wearing a mask or getting a shot a "sacrifice")for a neighbor or your community. Selfish, myopic, purposefully ignorant, short sighted pigs.

I doubt very much that it's coincidence that there is a lot of "Trump voter" overlap in the anit-vaccine/anti-mask community.

Whattabout MY freedoms? MY inconveinience? MY rEsUrCh?

I want things to be back to normal for ME.

You are so inconsiderate of MY feelings.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada

my guess is when they start paying out damages on behalf of people (or corporations) being sued for negligence.

I guess the hardest part would be to prove causality of an exposure event, but I'm confident eventually we'll get there.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
so one of my co workers got sick. I masked up and took him to the Doc yesterday. He got covid tested. He is 75 and had gotten the Johnson and Johnson vaccine a few months ago. Results just came back. He is Covid Positive and has to self quarantine for 10 days or call 911 if it gets worse. I was wearing an N95 while transporting. Now I have to stay masked up at all times and monitor my temperature multiple times a day for 7 days. I was vaccinated with Pfizer back in January. Wish him and me luck

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
so one of my co workers got sick. I masked up and took him to the Doc yesterday. He got covid tested. He is 75 and had gotten the Johnson and Johnson vaccine a few months ago. Results just came back. He is Covid Positive and has to self quarantine for 10 days or call 911 if it gets worse. I was wearing an N95 while transporting. Now I have to stay masked up at all times and monitor my temperature multiple times a day for 7 days. I was vaccinated with Pfizer back in January. Wish him and me luck
++vibes, Eric

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
You have 75 year old dudes still doing transports? Or is he inside sales?

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
I do find it interesting that before the election, Biden & Harris were asked if Trump was able to have a vaccine out by the end of the year would they take it. Both said if Trump had anything to do with it, NO. Also the left wing media constantly criticized Trump for saying there should be a vaccine by then and they wouldn't trust it. Trump didn't develop the vaccine, he just eliminated all the red tape to get it available ASAP cutting out the years of FDA testing. A lot has been so political, Biden F'ed up when he first took office taking credit for the vaccine. All he had to do was to thank the last administration for allowing the vaccine to get out so quickly and then tell the people, we'll take it from here and make sure it's distributed to every US citizen. After all he ran on uniting the country, which hasn't happened.

A good friend of mine is holding off on taking the vaccine. He's not anti vac, but wants to see it out for a while for possible negative longterm side effects. One of his friend's sister passed away a few days after taking the J&J vaccine, she was in her early 60's and so far it appears to be vaccine related from what the Dr's determined. Also she had no underlying health conditions.

Anyways, I don't think this thing is ever going away, and we're just going to need to learn to live with it. I'll do my booster when needed just like getting the annual flu vaccine.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California