Quantcast

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I'll admit that the tiny bit of schadenfreude I feel is far outweighed by the sadness I feel when I think about just how many preventable deaths are going to occur in the next couple of weeks. I really feel bad for the medical professionals that are going to be dealing with it all and the mental issues they will probably all have for years to come.
You gotta think there's an appreciable percentage walking away soon saying they don't want to risk their own and their family's safety anymore for a belligerent stupid stupid population. Some already are

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Yup,
Can't post the link for some reason. Anyway, watched an interview on CNN with a Covid Nurse who is resigning because she's burnt out on seeing so much death for such an extended period of time.

fx'd

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Portland has been scrambling to find heath care works for months and shit just got real here again. Back to masks in downtown for everyone.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Last time we saw my brother and his wife, she was talking about bailing. She's been an ER nurse for damn near two decades, and has seen some shit, and even she said it's just getting to be too much.

My brother has also expressed some concerns about her mental health a couple times in the last 6 months. I'm kind of worried about her, frankly.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
You gotta think there's an appreciable percentage walking away soon saying they don't want to risk their own and their family's safety anymore for a belligerent stupid stupid population. Some already are
Bunch of the kids in Hannah's class have parents that are Drs and nurses. Probably half the nurse parent kids have stopped coming because they parent quit and is now watching the kid(s) from home. The Drs are visibly burned out. All are wearing double masks full time now. You can actually see appreciation for people wearing masks, even though it's not required yet.

Hannah's best friend has one of these mom's. Apparently nobody is doing play-dates for her, because mom is a Dr (pediatrics, iirc), despite all the kids having the same day-day exposure to one another. Honestly, it's pretty fucked up. In addition to excessive work stress, they are also getting socially excluded.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Last time we saw my brother and his wife, she was talking about bailing. She's been an ER nurse for damn near two decades, and has seen some shit, and even she said it's just getting to be too much.

My brother has also expressed some concerns about her mental health a couple times in the last 6 months. I'm kind of worried about her, frankly.
My buddy's wife is a pediatrics ICU nurse. She is 1 or 2 years away from vesting with CalPERS. Once she does, I doubt she will ever go back in again. She was planning on working there for another 10+ years because she loves it. The last two years has completely burned her out and it's already getting worse. And they're in SF...

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
and clowns like desantis are going after teacher's already shit pay for masks............

these people are poison
The district I work with here just brought on something like 400 new teachers, ~10%. Most I saw when I was at the event (stop and drop of materials) had been teachers for years and moved from other states. A lot of Southern accents in that group that I not only talked to but overheard talking to one another.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

1628628083490.png

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
sooo...back to labor day family drama. wife's cousin did go and get vaxed, but his wife apparently said that she and the girls had runny noses and had to wait (???). plus they went to a 2 day country music festival last weekend and are now back in school (unmasked for sure). wife's uncle told them they had to get neg tests 72 hours before if they wanted to come...but they could still have just gotten it and not be positive yet. i feel like if they can't be responsible adults they don't get to come interact with those who are, especially since there are a number of kids who are too young to get vaxed. what selfish, self-entitled twats.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
sooo...back to labor day family drama. wife's cousin did go and get vaxed, but his wife apparently said that she and the girls had runny noses and had to wait (???). plus they went to a 2 day country music festival last weekend and are now back in school (unmasked for sure). wife's uncle told them they had to get neg tests 72 hours before if they wanted to come...but they could still have just gotten it and not be positive yet. i feel like if they can't be responsible adults they don't get to come interact with those who are, especially since there are a number of kids who are too young to get vaxed. what selfish, self-entitled twats.
:popcorn:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
School district is live streaming their board meeting (or something). Announced masking for all policy. Many of the in person comments are "REEEEEEEEEE"

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
cousin in law (Ash)'s wife ("J")'s "reasoning"...i mean, "REEEEEEEEEEasoning." Nelson is my MIL's brother (Ash's dad) who's trying to salvage the family get together that his stupid daughter in law is fucking up with her nonsense. gtfo.
1628649261114.png

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
cousin in law (Ash)'s wife ("J")'s "reasoning"...i mean, "REEEEEEEEEEasoning." Nelson is my MIL's brother (Ash's dad) who's trying to salvage the family get together that his stupid daughter in law is fucking up with her nonsense. gtfo.
View attachment 163290

whew!

finally charged that phone

The pfizer quack is ex employee (like 20 years ago) who never worked on vaccines running around trying to get money for bookings on tv by saying graphene oxide is in them and will kill you.

I'll let you look at the URL and the first name of that person here

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
whew!

finally charged that phone

The pfizer quack is ex employee (like 20 years ago) who never worked on vaccines running around trying to get money for bookings on tv by saying graphene oxide is in them and will kill you.

I'll let you look at the URL and the first name of that person here
GOD'S KINGDOM BRO...hopefully the unvaxxed will get to that special place soon.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Spent most of the day dealing with Covid Shit. Hospital discharge by ambulance. Crew was not told the PT was Covid Positive. no signage on the floor or room door. They only found out after PT contact. Luckily they were wearing PPE. County EMS is now involved. My guys also screwed up. total mess. Exposure reports, Covid Tests in 72 hours. Public Health will get involved...OY

Spoke with my guy in the Hospital. he sounds better after breathing treatments and he said his appetite is back. we shall see where it goes. He has been sick for 7 days so far

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
I'm in an area with a pretty damn high vaccination rate - the Covid-19 patients that have landed in my ICU in the last couple weeks have *all* been unvaccinated.

Last edited:

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
Coronavirus in the U.S.: Latest Map and Case Count

COVID Cases per-Capita --

COVID Vaccine Administrations --

Hospitalizations as result of COVID --

COVID RIsk Levels --

COVID Hot Spots --

Total Cases to Date --

Ron Desantis is at the limit of Florida's economic development. The 2.5 years was there fulltime, local legislators focused on uprooting the remaining habitat of the Florida Panther in order to construct a N to S State Highway from Polk County to Collier/Broward - Mid-state down. S. Florida is entirely dependant on real estate and development.

The contrary to this apparently has been Elon Musk, who speculated and lobbied for a tunnel-network under Miami. Again, a massive network of Tunnels on which a mad-dash construction race developed in the early 1980s, is now failing. Miami was also attempting to invigorate the tech-sector and lure burgeoning firms. Miami just last week also launched 'Miami Coin'

Pump and Dump Communism.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Shit is blowing up around here, and this is one of the better vaccinated and masked corners of the country.

1628700456450.png

The only positive metric is that overall rates haven't been historically bad and the percentage of hospital beds occupied by Covid patients remains just below the state target of 10%.

Edit: cases per 100,000 is still 1/4th of what all of Florida has going on.

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
Shit is blowing up around here, and this is one of the better vaccinated and masked corners of the country.

View attachment 163302

The only positive metric is that overall rates haven't been historically bad and the percentage of hospital beds occupied by Covid patients remains just below the state target of 10%.

Edit: cases per 100,000 is still 1/4th of what all of Florida has going on.
Just a guess - I'll wager that the *vast* majority of hospitalizations due to this spike will be unvaccinated. And I'll go further and guess that *EVERY SINGLE* death as a result of this spike is unvaccinated. For the love of @FSM people are stupid. :mad:

what tracker is that?
I think it's this one, which is quite good: https://covidactnow.org/?s=21611087

ETA: Maybe not this one... unless they are hiding the drop-down. :D