Quantcast

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Thank god Derpsantis has taken a stand against big Farmuh making litterally dozen of dollars off their so-called vaccines under a sketchy EUA.

He's wisely chosen the much cheaper monoclonal antibody approach, unlike that Pfizer shit that costs over $19 per dose (remember, you need 2, follow the money) they're using this cost effective approach that's a paltry $1250 per dose. Furthermore it stimulates the local economy by bringing in thousands of dollars for the infusion centers, instead of like $4 for the RN at CVS (a multi national corporation!) to administer. No sketchy EUA, just a regular one. Something, something Q Anon, something. Sorry, ran out of sarcasm at the end there, it's been a long day.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Thank god Derpsantis has taken a stand against big Farmuh making litterally dozen of dollars off their so-called vaccines under a sketchy EUA.

He's wisely chosen the much cheaper monoclonal antibody approach, unlike that Pfizer shit that costs over $19 per dose (remember, you need 2, follow the money) they're using this cost effective approach that's a paltry $1250 per dose. Furthermore it stimulates the local economy by bringing in thousands of dollars for the infusion centers, instead of like $4 for the RN at CVS (a multi national corporation!) to administer. No sketchy EUA, just a regular one. Something, something Q Anon, something. Sorry, ran out of sarcasm at the end there, it's been a long day.
Does DeSantis own stock in Regeneron ?

Also if any of the anti-vaxers learn that their covid cure all, is made from other people, including liberals, minorities, non-white christians then will they decline the treatment ?

Monoclonal antibodies are intensely focused, lab-made versions of convalescent plasma. The antibodies come from people who have recovered from coronavirus. Researchers then take the blood, select the most potent antibodies, and make them into a drug.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
I guess at some point it's kind of all you've got right? You can do 3 or 4 things prior to catching the 'Vid to either prevent catching it or make it suck less once caught, but once you cross that threshold, Regeneron is just about all you've got.

If your voters are dying, you gotta do what you gotta do, but also, I mite throw $1000 at REGN and see what happens.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I guess at some point it's kind of all you've got right? You can do 3 or 4 things prior to catching the 'Vid to either prevent catching it or make it suck less once caught, but once you cross that threshold, Regeneron is just about all you've got.

If your voters are dying, you gotta do what you gotta do, but also, I mite throw $1000 at REGN and see what happens.
I mean these things just happen. No one has a crystal ball. Nothing could have been done. We're just now learning about how serious this disease could be once it's spreading.......

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
My Dad sent me one of his conspiracy theory, why you shouldn't get vaccines emails again. That you can get myocarditis from the vaccination (recently added to side-effects) and it's a reason to avoid it.Took 2min to find sources to rip apart the "news site" and he came back that fact checkers are Antifa funded. Still hasn't got back to me since I told him I am anti-fascist, with historical examples undermining everything he rants about as "democracy" really being fascist regimes and tactics used by his party which are taken from those historical examples. Oh, and that one of the side effects of penicillin, most viral vaccines, and even my anti-seizure medications is myocarditis. This shit just pains me.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
School year started Monday, wife is currently on a zoom board meeting because a couple Covid positive kids were on campus since presumably Monday. Good times.

I mean these things just happen. No one has a crystal ball. Nothing could have been done. We're just now learning about how serious this disease could be once it's spreading.......
Has anybody started working on a vaccine? Seems like a good idea, could prevent even getting to the point of needing several thoysand

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
School year started Monday, wife is currently on a zoom board meeting because a couple Covid positive kids were on campus since presumably Monday. Good times.

Has anybody started working on a vaccine? Seems like a good idea, could prevent even getting to the point of needing several thoysand
School started Tuesday here. Multiple cases in the district already. I give it less than 6-weeks before we're back to remote learning. If we make it that far, by the time it starts snowing, we're for sure remote.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Well played, Barrett

When I was in high school there was a measles outbreak. If you didn't have a current vaccine they marched you into the gym and gave you one. The school nurse wouldn't give me one without a doctor because I had asthma. I wasn't allowed to go to school for a few days until I could see a doctor and get vaccinated. Kids who refused the vaccine weren't allowed back. A few kids with crazy parents never returned, no idea what happened to them. This was back when America Was Great in the Reagan/Bush era.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
On a positive note, company released internally today that if you have any interaction with clients or ever expect to go physically onto a campus again, you MUST be vaccinated. Exceptions will be made for medical limitations and religious constraints. We did however get a secondary email from our manager noting that there are only a few recognized religions in the country that do not vaccinate and those are well established precedent. Which is basically a backdoor way of saying "if you're not one of those (Jehova's, Adventist's, etc), don't expect an exception".

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Well there certainly is precedent in Florida for that sort of totally not having conflicts of interest.

School started Tuesday here. Multiple cases in the district already. I give it less than 6-weeks before we're back to remote learning. If we make it that far, by the time it starts snowing, we're for sure remote.
2nd day for kids in class here yesterday. My wife already has one out with suspected COVID. Brother of this kid tested positive, and kid was sent home from wife's class with a fever.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Well as long as they don’t vote.
Or start voting Democrat after they are dead.

Stop the steal!

When I was in high school there was a measles outbreak. If you didn't have a current vaccine they marched you into the gym and gave you one. The school nurse wouldn't give me one without a doctor because I had asthma. I wasn't allowed to go to school for a few days until I could see a doctor and get vaccinated. Kids who refused the vaccine weren't allowed back. A few kids with crazy parents never returned, no idea what happened to them. This was back when America Was Great in the Reagan/Bush era.
Sucks to your ass-mar.

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

Probably all just staged... :disgust:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Anecdotal anecdotes.

Talked to a business contact currently infected with covid and experiencing minor symptoms. He was vaccinated, but got it on the golf course. It turned out the guy he was sharing his cart with announced midway through the round that he was unvaccinated and just getting over his own covid infection from a week earlier.

Talked to a female friend last night who was coming home from dinner with a guy who got covid early in the pandemic and has been dealing with long-haul symptoms. Guy had to go to lung rehab, and has brain fog, and a few other issues. Apparently he asked her “so have you gone to any concerts?” She said no, and that she had concerns about the spreading delta variant. He replied “why?”

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
Honestly not a high number at all.

The emergency board meeting at my wife's school last night was because of a couple kids coming back positive. They all tested negative last week before school started, or they wouldn't be allowed on campus. Everyone in class with them has to quarantine for 3 days if vaccinated, 10 if not. 40 kids per class, 6 classes per day, each covid positive kid knocks 240 kids plus 6 teachers out of class. Currently they have about 700 kids off campus, for 1 single school. I predict remote learning commences the day after the recall election.

440 for a whole district in a super sounds like a lack of testing. I'll bet that's only presumed positives with symptoms, and it would be in the thousands if asymptomatic kids and those exposed were also at home.