Quantcast

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Honestly not a high number at all.

The emergency board meeting at my wife's school last night was because of a couple kids coming back positive. They all tested negative last week before school started, or they wouldn't be allowed on campus. Everyone in class with them has to quarantine for 3 days if vaccinated, 10 if not. 40 kids per class, 6 classes per day, each covid positive kid knocks 240 kids plus 6 teachers out of class. Currently they have about 700 kids off campus, for 1 single school. I predict remote learning commences the day after the recall election.

440 for a whole district in a super sounds like a lack of testing. I'll bet that's only presumed positives with symptoms, and it would be in the thousands if asymptomatic kids and those exposed were also at home.
in the big scheme of things, its not high. but just consider that was day 2 of school.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
This is what is more impressive considering there is a simple and free method that is extremely successful at keeping you out of the hospital.

View attachment 163416
Also a shame that there really wasn't ANY way we could have know that this was how it would go. I mean... being novel and all and having basically no information, what's a state/country supposed to do?

Oh, wait. :disgust:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Anecdotal anecdotes.

Talked to a business contact currently infected with covid and experiencing minor symptoms. He was vaccinated, but got it on the golf course. It turned out the guy he was sharing his cart with announced midway through the round that he was unvaccinated and just getting over his own covid infection from a week earlier.

Talked to a female friend last night who was coming home from dinner with a guy who got covid early in the pandemic and has been dealing with long-haul symptoms. Guy had to go to lung rehab, and has brain fog, and a few other issues. Apparently he asked her “so have you gone to any concerts?” She said no, and that she had concerns about the spreading delta variant. He replied “why?”
I want off this ride, not fun anymore.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
There was a group of people protesting a vaccine mandate for healthcare workers in front of a local hospital recently. I am of the opinion that if you work in a hospital where it is your job to protect patients health and you refuse the shot, then you are obviously in the wrong line of work.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

at least three of the four were not vaccinated
And intended to return to class to teach, presumably. :disgust:

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
This is what is more impressive considering there is a simple and free method that is extremely successful at keeping you out of the hospital if you find yourself Covid Positive.
Paradoxically, it’s harder and easier than you’d think.

Emerging ridemonkey suicide advocacy group is not a square on my 2021 bingo card.........

Last edited:

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
As of 5PM today my whole state is in lockdown, Sydney the shithole and its surroundings have a harsher lockdown than the rest of the state. One single woman seems to be the cause of the spread in my area, she did a five day trip whilst infected and was told by Police on multiple days to return home.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
There was a group of people protesting a vaccine mandate for healthcare workers in front of a local hospital recently. I am of the opinion that if you work in a hospital where it is your job to protect patients health and you refuse the shot, then you are obviously in the wrong line of work.
This. In Italy, or at least in my region, people get suspended from their job in the hospitals and other system related jobs if they don't get vaccinated.

And guess what: There are a sh!tton of people sitting at home without getting paid.
Numbers obviously rising also here, this will get interesting soon.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
We had a company-wide call yesterday regarding the "shots mandatory" email from Thursday.

Key points:
- if you are client facing or on-campus, vaccinations are required. Proof to HR by 9/30 of full vaccination. And first vaccination proof by end of August.

- any religious exemptions will be addressed individually, but "there are only a small number of relatively small religions in the US that do not believe in medicine"
>> My note: company HR knows who pays for healthcare in payroll, so there's no bullshit answer here. And it sounds like abortion beliefs are not in consideration. *correction

- if you are not vaccinated by 9/30, IF an internal, 100% remote, administrative position is able to be found ("and there aren't many"), transfer might be an option. If that's not possible, your future employment with the company will be under consideration.

Couple questions came up from the FOX talking points and mgmt just shut them all down. They are fucking done.

Last edited:

Shizzon

Monkey
Jun 25, 2015
Saw this beauty at the store today:
6D67E910-C715-4853-AFE6-FA6BE111EB4F.jpeg

All the hospitals are full, yet we have a fair going 6 blocks down the road from my house. Crazy.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
I for one am shocked that a highly contagious virus would thrive in locations that refuse to take steps to prevent the spread.

Unfortunately, on an evolutionary time line some parts of the South are still working out the concept that fire is hot and can hurt you if you keep putting your hand in the flames.