Quantcast

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
"More than 95% of people hospitalized or who died from COVID in recent weeks were unvaccinated.”

Can't help but wonder if they are starting to think that this:

isn't such a bad idea after all. I'm not sure how I feel about mandates but damn...you work in healthcare.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I think somebody is getting the numbers wrong... 7 day average in TX appears to be around 150, nowhere near their highest 7 day average which was around 330 back in late January '21. Maybe I'm missing something... :think: View attachment 163587
there's an error in the tweet, should say march 2021

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Yep. Doctors have become conditioned, IMO, to prescribe *something* even if they know it won't help. I suspect it's due to Karens bringing their kids in and not wanting to hear "It's a virus - there's nothing we can do"... :disgust:

When I went to the ER when I dislocated my shoulder I was offered antibiotics for the associated cuts and scrapes. I just laughed and said my skin was never more than 99% intact.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
1. just found out all 3 of my cousins aren't vaccinated and won't be around for the holidays :mad:
2. supposed to have a work trip in a few weeks to NOLA.

1629226230608.png

Magic 8-ball says "this is very unlikely"

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Well fuck, why did they prescribe me antibiotics when I had a viral infection?
Sometimes they do that to prevent secondary bacterial infections when you e.g. have a lot of mucus in your lungs. But usually only done when you are seriously sick.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Sometimes they do that to prevent secondary bacterial infections when you e.g. have a lot of mucus in your lungs. But usually only done when you are seriously sick.
Yeah this should only be done in really serious cases. You should refuse antibiotics unless there is proof or very strong likelihood of a bacterial infection, as this is how resistant strains emerge, and also antibiotics often fuck your gut biome (at least) up which is super bad news. There is also evidence starting to emerge that overuse of antibiotics may be at least partially responsible for the increase in prevalence of allergies, asthma and other autoimmune issues which it seems are at least somewhat mediated by your gut biome.