Quantcast

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
We really don’t have to be fucked. It’s entirely our choice.
E.g. in this case: You could easily ditch a small fraction of your military and pay for enough nuclear power and desalination plants to have plentiful water for all.
Enough salt to feed the world!

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
We really don’t have to be fucked. It’s entirely our choice.
E.g. in this case: You could easily ditch a small fraction of your military and pay for enough nuclear power and desalination plants to have plentiful water for all.
Look you commie motherfucker, you're talking about the united fucking states fucking of fucking america! We do not "do" things and certainly do not 'solve' things. We sell things, and give shit tons of money to the job creators and lobbyers that need it least.

Actually, we don't even sell anything anymore other than some dumbass namaste experience™ for rich fucks :rofl:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
@stoney doesn't believe me that those are real
he should go to new nyc...

although when my older brother and his friends would roadtrip from knoxville up to nyc to ride street up there in the 90's it was a nicer experience than riding in atlanta in the 90's...

Last edited:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I got an email from my pharmacy stating that additional booster shots are available to "moderate to severe immunocompromised individuals who meet the eligibility criteria and have completed the two-shot series from Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna."

Is the assumption that anyone yet to get their first ... ain't?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I got an email from my pharmacy stating that additional booster shots are available to "moderate to severe immunocompromised individuals who meet the eligibility criteria and have completed the two-shot series from Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna."

Is the assumption that anyone yet to get their first ... ain't?
You would assume that group knows that they are on the death train, so got on the vaccination track right away.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
when my older brother and his friends would roadtrip from knoxville up to nyc to ride street up there in the 90's it was a nicer experience than riding in atlanta in the 90's...
Was someone mean to you?

Atlanta in the 90s before the olympics was fucking awesome.

As far as skating or riding bikes at night.....way more accessible than nyc. We literally had downtown to ourselves barring the occasional roid raging security guard.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Was someone mean to you?

Atlanta in the 90s before the olympics was fucking awesome.

As far as skating or riding bikes at night.....way more accessible than nyc. We literally had downtown to ourselves barring the occasional roid raging security guard.
less hassle...more fun in nyc....

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Got the first notification that a kid at my kid's daycare center tested positive, luckily the pre-school is on the opposite side of campus and there's not cross pollination between it and daycare. My wife had her first Covid positive kid in class last Wednesday, and has since tested negative twice. She has now given up on her cute pink surgical style masks and stolen my stash of n95s, and ordered a bulk pack for future teachering needs.

Oh, FFFS

Giving blood this Saturday and the "donor notes" specifically say all donors must be vaccinated. The antivaxxers better stock up on quick-clot, because I foresee an issue.

Shizzon

Monkey
Jun 25, 2015

My wife works at Three Rivers Asante (X-Ray, CT, Mammography Technologist) in Grants Pass, Oregon. Just like most places these days they are already understaffed and stretched thin during this Delta surge. She fears that this mandate will result in an even more dire situation in terms of staffing for hospitals, at least the few down here operating in the dirty south of Oregon.

The imaging departments that she works in have an astoundingly low vaccination rate, with many of her peers talking about moving to Idaho or other locations where apparently Freedumb exists.

In other news, my 60 year old conservative father (who's wife had cancer two years ago) called me last week to express how worried he was that my wife and I received the vaccination, and that he has been hearing about terrible side effects on the internet. Neither of them deny Covid, or that it is currently wreaking havoc, but they both have been persuaded by various social media postings and internet videos pushing ivermectin and other alternates while placing distrust in the vaccine.

In addition, my 30 year old brother who had the non-delta variant a month ago (without any real symptoms, though his wife got absolutely rocked) is apparently also of the mindset that he wants to wait on the vaccine for an undetermined amount of time due to his distrust. This whole experience is incredibly frustrating for me and my wife. It is also pretty disheartening to hear that what used to be fringe beliefs held only by the vocal minority are more commonplace.

At the beginning of this shit tornado, I in some way saw this pandemic as test for how well humanity will band together to tackle climate change. I think we are failing the test.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

My wife works at Three Rivers Asante (X-Ray, CT, Mammography Technologist) in Grants Pass, Oregon. Just like most places these days they are already understaffed and stretched thin during this Delta surge. She fears that this mandate will result in an even more dire situation in terms of staffing for hospitals, at least the few down here operating in the dirty south of Oregon.

The imaging departments that she works in have an astoundingly low vaccination rate, with many of her peers talking about moving to Idaho or other locations where apparently Freedumb exists.

In other news, my 60 year old conservative father (who's wife had cancer two years ago) called me last week to express how worried he was that my wife and I received the vaccination, and that he has been hearing about terrible side effects on the internet. Neither of them deny Covid, or that it is currently wreaking havoc, but they both have been persuaded by various social media postings and internet videos pushing ivermectin and other alternates while placing distrust in the vaccine.

In addition, my 30 year old brother who had the non-delta variant a month ago (without any real symptoms, though his wife got absolutely rocked) is apparently also of the mindset that he wants to wait on the vaccine for an undetermined amount of time due to his distrust. This whole experience is incredibly frustrating for me and my wife. It is also pretty disheartening to hear that what used to be fringe beliefs held only by the vocal minority are more commonplace.

At the beginning of this shit tornado, I in some way saw this pandemic as test for how well humanity will band together to tackle climate change. I think we are failing the test.
It's not too late for you to apply for adoption, sorry for the family test.

Thankfully my parents in the UK have kept themselves super safe and vaccine distribution in the UK was controlled by the communist health service - which contacted them as they became eligible.