Quantcast

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
This is why we can't have nice things.

The people pf Columbia County want our county back. The citizens have endured "two weeks to flatten the curve," unemployment and the loss of several of our small businesses over the last year and a half and we have had enough!
"You have once again initiated what many consider to be an unconstitutional mandate by requiring our children and citizens to wear masks and by requiring vaccinations for state employees, healthcare workers and teaching staff. We have had enough of your overreaching mandates and bullying threats. In short, Columbia County Sheriff's Office will not be enforcing vaccination requirements or mask mandates

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just came across this amazing description of the immune system:
The immune system is like a redneck tool shed. It's not racks and racks of shiny perfect tools. It's piles of weird inherited tools, jury rigs, no 10mm sockets anywhere, weird things that came with some piece of heavy equipment that's long gone, but the tool remains.
If the immune system was perfect racks of shiny tools, we'd all react the same...But if something showed up that we couldn't handle, we'd all die. The weird jumbled nature of our immune responses as a species is a good thing. The beauty of the weird redneck toolshed is the cobbled together single purpose tools that are perfect for one thing. If that one thing shows up, you fix it in a second.
The problem is, even if you have a great "toolshed" if you're missing something, like that damn 10mm socket, you could be fucked if just the wrong thing comes in the door.
This is why you can't just "depend on your strong immune system." It needs some lead time to create that wacky single-purpose tool, and if you don't have the right stuff to make that, you need even more lead time to cobble together something that sorta works.

pizza diavola

Monkey
Dec 3, 2013
We normally do grocery shopping online (both for convenience and a lower overall delivery carbon footprint) but ironically in a lockdown the capacity for this gets directed to those most in need (good) so we have to actually physically go to the supermarket. Gross. We made it nearly five days since our last shop but had to cave, mostly for booze. Lol.

View attachment 163729
So ... good for another five days?

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
I guess the cool aid is too strong to overcome

Trump Booed at rally after telling supporters to get vaccinated

Typical wokester cancel culture libtards eating their own. Wait, uh, what?

Wait until they hear what he says about guns and who he signed a treaty with over in Afghanistan

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Any of you watch/follow Beau of the Fifth Column? Dude seems cool...
I’ve known a few folks who follow him. I’ve listened to him a few times but I have no idea what his background is or why I should consider his opinions. His staged influenced bunker puts me on edge, but I haven’t heard him say anything that really puts me off.

boylagz

Monkey
Jul 12, 2011
SF bay area
I’ve known a few folks who follow him. I’ve listened to him a few times but I have no idea what his background is or why I should consider his opinions. His staged influenced bunker puts me on edge, but I haven’t heard him say anything that really puts me off.
Couple google searches say hes apparently charged with a felony in FL rt trafficking illegal migrants to work in hotels/resorts. Dunno the outcome or finality of that. Seems to lean left and is an anarchist, ex military contractor. Regardless of his background, pretty funny when he talks about issues that Repubs talk about.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Oh look, another one :

Need some of the big names to succumb though, like most of Faux.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
@mandown and @boylagz found this article on LaTimes about Beau of the Fifth Column. Appears he's just playing a character and it's been an experiment of sorts.

Might read that. It sounds familiar, so I wonder if it’s been brought up before. I mean, provably would’ve been.