Quantcast

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Just went to Costco/king Soopers. I thought it was bad before......:fie:

There is still plenty of fresh food. I'm making sauces/chilis today and it's all going in the freezer. If we get locked down I suspect we will all be good and tired of all things tomato based

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I think the shittiest part of this forced stay-cation for us is that we have now entered shoulder season. the snow is too wet and soft to do anything on (ski, fatbike). The quarantine will probably end just as the snow melts and trails become passable. :rant: now I have to figure out how to keep my kids occupied without visiting indoor spaces, while outdoor spaces aren't really useable.
Build a climbing wall?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
So I've done nothing but travel for the last month+, feeling symptomatic, throat and tight chest I phone my doctors office this morning and ask what I should do.

Stay at home and self quarantine. If I get worse phone the hospital.

BIGLY TESTING RIGHT THERE.

If I die my bikes are all XL and none of them are rid-eggs or have the latest geo.
:wave:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Just went to Costco/king Soopers. I thought it was bad before......:fie:

There is still plenty of fresh food. I'm making sauces/chilis today and it's all going in the freezer. If we get locked down I suspect we will all be good and tired of all things tomato based
I drove by 2 yesterday and decided I could get what I needed at WinCo. In the 25ish years I have lived in Oregon, I had never seen bare shelves at WinCo before yesterday. That shit is nutty.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I went to the grocery store for some usual supplies that I normally buy during my weekly trip. Observations:

They were wiped out of:
  • cereal
  • most bread (apparently wheat bread carries teh covids)
  • frozen foods
  • CHEESE (wtf??)
  • pasta
  • bags of rice (still had my Near East boxed stuff)
  • bottled water
  • paper and cleaning products (obviously)
  • the pet aisle looked untouched and I got litter
Fortunately if you have expensive taste, there is still plenty of food to be found. I got my ground bison, ground wagyu beef, Teddy peanut butter, Siggi/Fage yogurts, and fresh pizza dough.

Atomic Dog

doesn't have a custom title yet.
Oct 22, 2002
In the basement at Weekly World News
I decided to brave the grocery store this morning. It was busy, but not as bad as I expected. What really got me, though, were how many elderly were there shopping. There was a clearly over 80yo in front of me in the checkout line in a wheelchair buying bags of sugar and cans of whipped cream. Gotta be ready to make those pies in case the grandkids show up?

The only things I could see that was sold out were TP, bleach and sanitizer. I didn't really have a plan, so I stocked up on coffee, tequila and tortillas. Should at least get me through the weekend.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
We're going to sell the Infiniti today. On the way back we're doing another Costco stop for some adtl dry stuff and dog food. Given how our company is shutting down public interaction, and we're generally behind on things, I don't see it getting better.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
:roflcopter:

Canadian TV reporting President Trump will declare a state of emergency after the markets close this afternoon.

SHITSHOW!
Yeah. Moved some liquid cash to my investment account. I’m gonna pull the trigger Monday. If I don’t die from this, I’m hoping to make a few bucks on the panic.