Quantcast

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
If COVID has done any one thing well, it has solidified the global impression that we are the NUMBER ONE country full of the dumbest fucks on the planet. You can be very smart and ignorant, (theocracies, etc) and apparently you can be ‘somewhat educated’ and dumb as a fucking post.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Seeing my "friends" behavior here in teh Alps or for that matter behavior of people in Europe, not only a Oregon problem at all.
That was a reference to a recent development where the Oregon signed a thing saying you don’t need to do spullingz or reeds to graduate high school. Or something like that I don’t even smh lol brah

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Yeah. They only sorta approve it.

FDA considers the inks used in intradermal tattoos, including permanent makeup, to be cosmetics. When we identify a safety problem associated with a cosmetic, including a tattoo ink, we investigate and take action, as appropriate, to prevent consumer illness or injury. The pigments used in the inks are color additives, which are subject to premarket approval under the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act. However, because of other competing public health priorities and a previous lack of evidence of safety problems specifically associated with these pigments, FDA traditionally has not exercised regulatory authority for color additives on the pigments used in tattoo inks.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Oh... Gonna have fun sending this to my sister who didn't want to "be part of an experiment" but has a huge back mural.
i know a few folks that are artists. that whole industry is basically self regulated. or wildly unregulated depending on your POV.

on one hand, an old friend that's an artist not only got his BBP certification, he also got instructor training so he can train other artists for BBP certification.

on the other hand, someone i went to high school with is extremely proud that they do all of their "tattooing" in random peoples homes.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
In a surprise to no one:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
It's an open question whether being fat but having no diabetes or prediabetes has the same increased risk as having DM2 or the like. I'd guess that it doesn't have the same risk but we lack data.

I qualify via being a healthcare worker, though. Fatness is incidental.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
It's an open question whether being fat but having no diabetes or prediabetes has the same increased risk as having DM2 or the like. I'd guess that it doesn't have the same risk but we lack data.

My brother has teh beetus, but not teh fat. I'm quite sure he's lining up for a booster.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

There's an e-bike joke in there somewhere.

Looks like I gotta corral the old folks and get their boosters scheduled.

boylagz

Monkey
Jul 12, 2011
SF bay area

In the end its phenotype. Doesnt matter how 'fit' you are, zero comorbs, ultimately if your immune system sees covid or any other disease for that matter as kryptonite, sorry pal, imma say GLUCK.