Quantcast

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
so the vaccinated couple who have been married for 70 years that live across the street from my parents have the rona....

not serious....

she makes the best chocolate chip cookies....even when she burns them....

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
In a surprise to no one:

Just got a text from my daughter.

"Mommy says she's going to get a Covid test so she can't run tonight"

:mad:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Dude...do you know the story of that guy ? Google: Pazuzu Algarad
Pazuzu Algarad's house at 2749 Knob Hill Drive became a hub for those outcasts and misfits. They could come and stay for as long as they wanted. Algarad did not care what they did in his home. Activities at Algarad's home included: self-harm, drinking the blood of birds, performing rabbit sacrifices, doing copious drugs, and staging orgies.

Not the bunnies!!! :disgust1:

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Got my 1st Pfizer shot, at least I think I did.... I literally did not feel it, just the nurses hand which was cold as!
I'll be interested to see how my body react's or if it reacts.
No change to cell phone reception??
But anyway, you should go buy some microsoft products, Microsoft are nice people..... Have you seen Bill Gates? He's such a lovely old man I like bill and bill likes me, I need more microsoft, yes more microsoft that will make me feel so much better and it will make Mr Gates feel better, I want Mr Gates to feel so super good and loved.
Have you purchased microsoft today? You should buy microsoft today I must..... I Mmmus.....I........

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Mine has been moved up to tomorrow. :blink:
I was telling Wifey about your concerns re: the shot. She said "Isn't that the guy who knows everything about saving the planet? Wouldn't getting it help the planet by keeping people like him alive? Tell him I'm scared of needles, so just don't look, and it doesn't hurt and I'm a wuss. I got a little sick from the second one, but was just fine."

So there you have it. Wifey says go get it, don't look at it, and it won't hurt, because if she's good, you're good. :rofl:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I was telling Wifey about your concerns re: the shot. She said "Isn't that the guy who knows everything about saving the planet? Wouldn't getting it help the planet by keeping people like him alive? Tell him I'm scared of needles, so just don't look, and it doesn't hurt and I'm a wuss. I got a little sick from the second one, but was just fine."

So there you have it. Wifey says go get it, don't look at it, and it won't hurt, because if she's good, you're good. :rofl:
I will absolutely get it. I completely acknowledge I am absolutely irrationally afraid of needles, but I will do it anyway. I am visualising it, and visualising how I can feel good about it. I am imagining getting knocked about properly and then getting a tiny needle in my arm. It’s a fight between my rational brain and my stupid irrational fear. I want the impact adrenaline, the bar fight toughness. I will probably slap myself about a bit then get it.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
They ask you to pick an arm, just look in the other direction.
I really didn't even feel it at all.... I felt her hand on my arm and that was it.
I also have a needle phobia from my younger years (thanks mum) and I really was surprised at the.... wait you mean it's done already????

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Thanks Dave. I always had some sort of needle phobia but when I was maybe 20ish I crashed my bike chasing/attempting to overtake a guy on single track, in Cali actually, south of SF in the rolling hills and long grass.
I smashed my shin on a decaying log, open down to the bone for a couple inches. Loads of bit of tree in my open wound. Rode out btw, including an incident with a rattlesnake. Later, at hospital the nurse said they wanted to numb the wound while they cleaned it. Said no need, hate needles, pain is OK. She said ‘just one?’ I said OK. She rapidly administered about 25 around the whole wound with a gun thing. :no:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I will absolutely get it. I completely acknowledge I am absolutely irrationally afraid of needles, but I will do it anyway. I am visualising it, and visualising how I can feel good about it. I am imagining getting knocked about properly and then getting a tiny needle in my arm. It’s a fight between my rational brain and my stupid irrational fear. I want the impact adrenaline, the bar fight toughness. I will probably slap myself about a bit then get it.
I used to be scared of needles, then when I was poor I had to donate plasma (for a few months) for gas money and shots haven't bothered me since. Crazy.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

For context that county has the highest per capita Covid rates in the state and about 1% of the population is actively infected.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

For context that county has the highest per capita Covid rates in the state and about 1% of the population is actively infected.
bUt ItS oNlY oNe PeRcEnT

Atomic Dog

doesn't have a custom title yet.
Oct 22, 2002
In the basement at Weekly World News

It's glorious living here in a county full of dumb motherfuckers. And Clint Didier is king of the dumb motherfuckers.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
It's glorious living here in a county full of dumb motherfuckers. And Clint Didier is king of the dumb motherfuckers.

Of the people for the people by the people.

Aren't you guys supposed to have a bunch of scientists and shit out there or is it just Homers and Lennys?

Last edited:

boylagz

Monkey
Jul 12, 2011
SF bay area
Hahah, in elem and HS I almost always get lightheaded with needles but since nursing school in the mid to late 2000s, Ive gotten over it. I mean being stuck stings but it aint bad. I donate blood regularly, I actually wanna look at the needle going in vs not knowing when. Whole blood needles are huge like 16 or 14g, plasma and platelets are relatively tiny. Yall break bones and shlt while riding, so a vacc shot aint shlt.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
A Danish choir took a trip to Italy. 31 persons, all fully vaccinated. Now 22 have Covid, some worse than others. :eek:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord