Quantcast

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
My Gpa is 90+ and likes in Devon. My mom hasn't been able to go home in almost 3yrs.
Haven't seen any of my family since festivus 2018. Hoping to sneak across the border into BC to see my younger brother sometime next month before it gets shut again.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Haven't seen any of my family since festivus 2018. Hoping to sneak across the border into BC to see my younger brother sometime next month before it gets shut again.

Actually it seems like cases where Delta was first hitting hard have started to drop or plateau. Delta burns hot and fast, either it is running out of victims or people have started to behave.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
When I had to get rabies shots, the Dr. made several injections around the wound site, followed by a round in each butt cheek and a few in other places. Then I get to return to the hospital over the course of a few weeks for more shots.

When I had gout I had to get my blood tested for uric acid levels regularly for about 10 years.

I am still not over needles. Goddam things give me the willies and my instinct is to run away screaming like a scared little kid. But do what I have to.
I thought gout wasn't really curable, as in you always "have it"? I haven't had an attack in years, but I'm pretty sure I know what would trigger one.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Actually it seems like cases where Delta was first hitting hard have started to drop or plateau. Delta burns hot and fast, either it is running out of victims or people have started to behave.
We can only hope.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I thought gout wasn't really curable, as in you always "have it"? I haven't had an attack in years, but I'm pretty sure I know what would trigger one.
Technically speaking Gout is not actually the disease in question but rather the horrendous symptoms. Hyperuricemia is the condition that causes Gout attacks, which can be mitigated through a strict, limited diet and meds. Eventually I was able to “beat” Gout by losing a lot of weight. There is a direct correlation between visceral fat, i.e. belly fat, and Gout attacks. Now that I am no longer a bouncer sized, flabby downhiller I don’t have to take the meds and can pretty much eat anything I want.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
We had something like that at some point last year.
Oxygen tanks (which last a few hours for severe cases) normally go for $150 each, which is like 2 weeks of minimul wage.
They reached 30 times the price, or 1.25 years worth of minimum salary, as we just simply run out and death rates skyrocketed.

About 1% of the adult population died of Covid so far.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Think we're going to find a new person to cut our hair. She started spouting FOX talking points about vaccinations today. Explained how vaccinations work by limiting number of individuals who are likely to get, hence limiting potential for substantially stronger variables, but she continued to Delta variant on the vaccine itself

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Jesus........
I have a friend who is an MD who voluntereed to go around the country to covid hospitals.

He said running out of icu beds isnt "that" bad, since the mortality rate is already high.
Running out of oxygen ls reallly the worst situation. Moderate cases, otherwise treatable with high volume o2, deteriorate fast.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I have a friend who is an MD who voluntereed to go around the country to covid hospitals.

He said running out of icu beds isnt "that" bad, since the mortality rate is already high.
Running out of oxygen ls reallly the worst situation. Moderate cases, otherwise treatable with high volume o2, deteriorate fast.
I'm in a position to say that I'm extremely grateful for having a ready supply of high volume O2 when I needed it, for almost a month. This is exactly why the vaccine is important. Sometimes it's not about YOU, but maybe someone else might need that hospital bed, that oxygen supply, that doctor's attention. Simply by staying out of the hospital, you might allow someone else to be there, and survive.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
We had something like that at some point last year.
Oxygen tanks (which last a few hours for severe cases) normally go for $150 each, which is like 2 weeks of minimul wage.
They reached 30 times the price, or 1.25 years worth of minimum salary, as we just simply run out and death rates skyrocketed.

About 1% of the adult population died of Covid so far.
free market solutions!

we doomed

locally sourced, produced and lunged pitchforks are our only ground up solution cuz the top is just gonna kill us all

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Just caught a blurb on NBC that Florida hospitals are setting up tents in the parking lots because they are out of beds. Holly shit, 20K+ new cases per day, oxygen shortage and now going to treat patients in the parking lot during hurricanes. This is just mind bending to witness, pass the bath salts please.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210

Somebody might want to provide this man the definition of "tyranny." :rolleyes:
The fucking tyranny of assholes who talk to the camera for 10+ minutes with 10 second pauses between sentences. As soon as I see a phone video rant I start wishing I’d crashed my bike just a little harder.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Aw thanks! I got me some Cola bottles though actually. And two extra crates of booze.
Word is lockdown til Tuesday...
If you want some cheap and good beers from a fellow MTBer hit up Crouchers for the Black IPA.
Pauls clearing them out cheap as he's switching to cans.
$53 for a 24pack?

Just having one now and it's gooood!

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Word is lockdown til Tuesday...
I recon even if we go to L3 here in Welly, we’ll be there for a couple more weeks. I don’t think they’ll do a L4 region next to an L2. I don’t know about you but that’ll be basically the same for me still, just with takeaways. :D My office won’t go back until L1 probably… They are super-cautious.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
I just want to post in this very important thread. Insert popcorn emoji.

Some people take the sheep line. Some people make their own line.

I just got a new ebike. I'm gonna sheep the shit out of my own lines! :)

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Supreme Court decides to massively exacerbate inequality and social harm because money is more important that humans. I have many words but I think you know them already.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/27/us/eviction-moratorium-ends.html
Legally they don't decide based on whether they think it's a good proposed policy. They decide based on whether the CDC, in this case, had the authority to enact that policy. And they didn't--that falls on the gridlocked legislature.