Quantcast

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Imagine poor squeeb
God damnit. +Rep
:shakefist:

In related news; it so happens I'm at the place where I get my follow up CT scans to pick up my contrast for my next scan on Thursday morning. This particular radiology department shares a check in, with a check in for urgent care and this place is full of people right now who look like they are about to get put on the cart. I'd hesitate to guess how many if them are COVID positive, but by the looks of things, it's at least 50%. I feel like I need an isopropyl shower.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Good friend's brother in law died of Covid today. We'd slam beers and play poker when he was in town.

He moved to South Carolina a few years ago and I can only assume he drank the regional Freedumb Aide and didn't get vaccinated.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Earlier this evening at Whole Foods, while struggling to put Hannah's mask on.

Random lady: " they don't require you to wear masks anymore"

Me: "My kids aren't vaccinated because they're not old enough. And I actually care about them and other people, which is why we're all wearing fucking masks."

RL: [slack jawed] Well, they are very cute. They match their clothes...

Lady wearing mask while sitting at table reading: [lulz]

I'm kinda glad I was on my game, because that woman needed a verbal bitch slap.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Earlier this evening at Whole Foods, while struggling to put Hannah's mask on.

Random lady: " they don't require you to wear masks anymore"

Me: "My kids aren't vaccinated because they're not old enough. And I actually care about them and other people, which is why we're all wearing fucking masks."

RL: [slack jawed] Well, they are very cute. They match their clothes...

Lady wearing mask while sitting at table reading: [lulz]

I'm kinda glad I was on my game, because that woman needed a verbal bitch slap.

These are the kinds of situations where I wish I could fart loudly on demand.

Or vomit, that would be cool.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
match their clothes :rofl:

because children are accessories
Oh she was grasping for anything to not look like a horrible person. Other people around watching the interaction, all wearing masks, even though we're outside. She clearly had that "am I the bad guy?" moment.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Oh she was grasping for anything to not look like a horrible person. Other people around watching the interaction, all wearing masks, even though we're outside. She clearly had that "am I the bad guy?" moment.
Did she tho? I really hope you’re right.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Show your working.
Huh?

She takes the number of deaths divided by the number of cases and claims that is your odds of dying in the US, that should be deaths/population. Semantics perhaps, but semantics have no place in math.

I stopped watching after that.

There are plenty of resources out there that have this information in non emotional video form.

As posted above, the death rate is closer to 1/500, not 1/60.

Last edited:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Huh?

She takes the number of deaths divided by the number of cases and claims that is your odds of dying in the US, that should be deaths/population. Semantics perhaps, but semantics have no place in math.

I stopped watching after that.

There are plenty of resources out there that have this information in non emotional video form.

As posted above, the death rate is closer to 1/500, not 1/60.
I think she’s getting round to expressing chance of dying after catching roni when vaxxed vs. unvaxxed, she never goes for total population death rate. I watched it once and didn’t do the actual maths but it sounded about right to me, albeit with the lack of acknowledgement of temporality.
She does stumble over her phrasing (archer.gif) a couple of times. Also bonus points for ‘right side of history’ and ‘emotional accuracy’ at the end there.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Taste and smell have returned.

A relative stepped on a rusty nail and needed a tetanus shot. Bragged about getting the shot. Refuses to get vaccinated. Says it failed all the human trials... whaaa

Last edited: