Quantcast

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Taste and smell have returned.

A relative stepped on a rusty nail and needed a tetanus shot. Bragged about getting the shot. Refuses to get vaccinated. Says it failed all the human trials... whaaa
You're related to idiots. That being said, I'm pretty sure my dad and sister still aren't. So me too.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I think she’s getting round to expressing chance of dying after catching roni when vaxxed vs. unvaxxed, she never goes for total population death rate. I watched it once and didn’t do the actual maths but it sounded about right to me, albeit with the lack of acknowledgement of temporality.
She does stumble over her phrasing (archer.gif) a couple of times. Also bonus points for ‘right side of history’ and ‘emotional accuracy’ at the end there.
she's assuming all cases are known cases

plenty of people get infected but never verified

so the case number is much bigger, and by being so reduces the known mortality rate

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
The thing is, you can really easily draw a map around the metro area that, almost guaranteed, shows the vaccination rates without knowing them.

From the south up: upper three miles of Douglas County, excluding Parker, incorporating the Western part of Aurora (west of e470) straight up to Broomfield, cutting northwest to Boulder, excluding Westminster and Wheatridge, south again to Golden, excluding Arvada, continuing south along 470, excluding central and southern Lakewood and Sheridan, looping in Ken Caryl, and back to 470 heading east (nothing south) until you hit 85, which closes the loop.

You know what those excluded regions are? Blue collar, white, legacy/native CO populations (except Parker, which is just Springs north). Want to guess where the (R) populations in Denver-metro are? You got it.

And those populations are getting more and more militant about "all these fucking Californian's and New Yorker's coming to CO and ruining it". Hell, Lakewood just made it illegal to build new multi-family properties. There are massive housing shortages here and they pull that shit.

Last edited:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Well... shit fucks. Neighbor across the street just tested positive for COVID. The one whose daughters are Haley's best friends. And she spent all day Saturday and half of Sunday hanging out with them over there, and then every afternoon this week here. Wifey and I both have sore throats and Hannah has sniffles. And to add to it all, Wifey just had a 200 person event at her work. All for residents of the building she's selling, so tons of overlap anyways, but nonetheless. Fuck. And off to get our brains swabbed Friday.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Well... shit fucks. Neighbor across the street just tested positive for COVID. The one whose daughters are Haley's best friends. And she spent all day Saturday and half of Sunday hanging out with them over there, and then every afternoon this week here. Wifey and I both have sore throats and Hannah has sniffles. And to add to it all, Wifey just had a 200 person event at her work. All for residents of the building she's selling, so tons of overlap anyways, but nonetheless. Fuck. And off to get our brains swabbed Friday.
spreader

good luck (for realz)

Last edited:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Shit dude, best of luck. Can you get the monoclonals?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
3c593606-1ea9-4fc1-a0bf-8ef47aed0dbb.jpg

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
So about those COVID questionnaires,

Has any person older than 35 here had a day where they don't have a least one or two of these symptoms?

Places I go to about shit a brick when I write these down on their paper.

Fever or chills
Cough-sometimes, especially after intense exercise
Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
Fatigue-YES!
Muscle or body aches-YES!
Headache-sometimes
New loss of taste or smell
Sore throat-sometimes
Congestion or runny nose-almost always runny nose when I ride!
Nausea or vomiting
Diarrhea

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

Has any person older than 35 here had a day where they don't have a least one or two of these symptoms?

Fever or chills
Fatigue-YES!
Headache-sometimes
Sore throat-sometimes
Nausea or vomiting
Diarrhea
Yeah I have most of those I classify as "consciousness" these days.

covid is uh.......different

if you know, you know

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Delta is super hard to stop. NZ is a great case study. Population 5m. On Aug 17 we had one case of delta break our border protections for two or three days before detection. We went into nationwide hard lockdown with a highly supportive population. Still, to date we have had nearly 1000 cases from this one intrusion, and whilst we are on the downslope (it hopefully seems) now, I still wouldn't bet my life some shit couldn't happen that means it get out of control like in Aus.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Fever or chills
Fatigue-YES!
Headache-sometimes
Sore throat-sometimes
Nausea or vomiting
Diarrhea
i hurt all the time, but those pains are directly attributable to me treating my body like an amusement park for around a decade.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Hey @stoney spreader, let me know if you two test positive. I saw you and Haley, and the kids, on Sunday.
You should assume and act like you, your close contacts and he are by now all positive until proven otherwise. I'm sure you are doing this anyway.

Edit: And I don't mean go to a trump rally.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
We're already making the assumption that we have the plague.

You know how he got it? He went out to watch a football game at a bar on Saturday. You know who likes football? Fucking Trumpers.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
Delta is super hard to stop. NZ is a great case study. Population 5m. On Aug 17 we had one case of delta break our border protections for two or three days before detection. We went into nationwide hard lockdown with a highly supportive population. Still, to date we have had nearly 1000 cases from this one intrusion, and whilst we are on the downslope (it hopefully seems) now, I still wouldn't bet my life some shit couldn't happen that means it get out of control like in Aus.

Delta is odd. We either already got it (about 6 months ago when deaths were at an all time high), or we havent yet.

Lambda is now the most prevalent variant where I live (70%+)
Covid cases/deaths are at an all time low... with about 50% (and counting) of the population already vaccinated. Death rates per 1000 are about the same as before covid. Is almost as if covid is already gone, but we are expecting a 3rd wave.

There were less than 100 confirmed cases of Delta as of last month.